Name your All Star Reserves

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Name your All Star Reserves 

Post#1 » by Hopper15 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:46 am

They're going to announce them next week. The polls will close at 3pm PST on January 31. I'll tally up the votes and see how close we come.

East Starters: Garnett, James, Howard, Wade, Kidd
West Starters: Duncan, Anthony, Yao, Bryant, Iverson

Must have two guards, two forwards, a center, and two of any position for each conference.
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#2 » by -bob- » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

WEST

Starters:
G Iverson
G Kobe
F Melo
F Duncan
C Yao

Reserves:
G Nash
G Paul
F Dirk
F Boozer
C Amare

Wild Cards:
G Baron
G Roy - EDIT: used to be Marion

EAST

Starters:
G Kidd
G Wade
F Lebron
F KG
C DHoward

Reserves:
G Billups
G Allen
F Pierce
F Caron
C Sheed

Wild Cards:
F Bosh
F Jams
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Yi Jian Lian » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:22 am

i think baron is gonna get snubbed by like parker or ginobili...
The_Believer
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#4 » by The_Believer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:25 am

^^^ Baron>>>> them. A poll done on TNT said that Baron was the west PG they would want to see start the most. The only reason Tony is in the ASG is probably b/c of Eva, who draws more ratings than every nba player put together.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#5 » by Thugleavy34 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:59 am

My whole list would be the same as -bob-, except put in Josh Smith for Jamison.
iowarrior
Rookie

Post#6 » by iowarrior » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Bob's selections are right on. I'm glad to see the Jams pick.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#7 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:42 pm

Yi Jian Lian wrote:i think baron is gonna get snubbed by like parker or ginobili...

I honestly believe Baron deserves it more than either of those guys. The one that is gonna be tough is Brandon Roy. Aside from the fact that he's playing so well, it would be really tough to have noone from Portland selected after what they've done so far.

If I was coaching the west, I'd be sorely tempted to carry 6 guards.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#8 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:03 pm

I don't think Denver or Phoenix deserves 3 All-Stars each. Half the All Star team is coming from 2 teams?? No way, especially since anyone can beat anyone in the West any given day. Top ten teams are separated by 6 games or something.

David West or Tyson Chandler deserves it over Marion.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Yi Jian Lian » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I honestly believe Baron deserves it more than either of those guys. The one that is gonna be tough is Brandon Roy. Aside from the fact that he's playing so well, it would be really tough to have noone from Portland selected after what they've done so far.

If I was coaching the west, I'd be sorely tempted to carry 6 guards.

of course baron is more deserving, especially when he's carrying the team on one shoulder...i understand brandon is gonna be a tough one to consider, but only because that dude is kissing some major ass with those iRoys...

6 guards...that's the possibility right now because the center and forward positions are kinda thin because of injuries...when is carmelo coming back?

on a side note...steve nash should be starting...but whatever...it's a popularity thang
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#10 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:39 pm

If anyone should be starting it should be Chris Paul over Steven Nash.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#11 » by GSWhoopfan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:My whole list would be the same as -bob-, except put in Josh Smith for Jamison.

Jamison is having his best season of his career so far and its an allstar worth first half so far.

i think Richard Jefferson deserves some love too on the East and Joe Johnson deserves some attention as well. i dont think Pierce should be on the team (Jefferson is having a better season and hes not playing with Ray or KG)

Also, Deron Williams has a good chance at making the squad as well. Roy could be a wild card if Portland has a better record than us at the break. Kaman should get some attention as well.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by Souvlaki » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Paul then Nash should get the nod over Baron. Baron may be a fan favorite but coaches know what he's all about.
Thugleavy34
Analyst

Post#13 » by Thugleavy34 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jamison is having his best season of his career so far and its an allstar worth first half so far.

Smith is having a better season though. two less points and rebounds, but he's averaging 3 blocks and two steals. Dude just changes the game more than Tawn does.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,400

Post#14 » by magee » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm

It'll be Josh Smith over Jamison. It's too bad Kidd is the starter. There's no way he deserves to play this year, despite him going for so many triple-doubles. Billups should start and Joe Johnson should've been the other guard instead of Kidd.

In the West, it's either Baron Davis or Brandon Roy. I'd hate to see either get snubbed for Parker or Manu. The only reason Davis gets snubbed for Roiy is because there's already 3 point guards on the roster (Nash, Paul, Iverson). Davis would make 4. If Amare makes it, Marion gets snubbed. There can't be 3 Suns. I hope it's either Roy or Davis.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#15 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:35 am

magee wrote:It'll be Josh Smith over Jamison. It's too bad Kidd is the starter. There's no way he deserves to play this year, despite him going for so many triple-doubles. Billups should start and Joe Johnson should've been the other guard instead of Kidd.

In the West, it's either Baron Davis or Brandon Roy. I'd hate to see either get snubbed for Parker or Manu. The only reason Davis gets snubbed for Roiy is because there's already 3 point guards on the roster (Nash, Paul, Iverson). Davis would make 4. If Amare makes it, Marion gets snubbed. There can't be 3 Suns. I hope it's either Roy or Davis.

Josh and Joe?

They've won 17 games. :noway:
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Re: Name your All Star Reserves 

Post#16 » by giberish » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:28 am

Hopper15 wrote:They're going to announce them next week. The polls will close at 3pm PST on January 31. I'll tally up the votes and see how close we come.

East Starters: Garnett, James, Howard, Wade, Kidd
West Starters: Duncan, Anthony, Yao, Bryant, Iverson

Must have two guards, two forwards, a center, and two of any position for each conference.

West Reserve: Paul, Nash, Baron, Roy, Boozer, Dirk, Amare

All 10 good teams get a selection. 5 post players, 7 perimeter players. Granted the perimeter players are a bit small, but the West is a lot stronger at pg than sf.

East Reserve: Billups, Allen, Butler, Pierce, Jamison, Bosh, Sheed

All 6 good teams get a selection, with 3 Celtics due to their dominance. Josh Smith could make it in place of Jamison (or perhaps Sheed if you call Bosh a center). Allen could be replaced by Johnson, Redd or Hamilton.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#17 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:34 am

Anthony is the biggest waste of space on the west team. Just take six guards. No one wants to watch Melo patting himself on the back for hitting 17footers with no one playing defense.

LF compared him to Nique the other day. At least Nique was an entertaining loser.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Thugleavy34
Analyst

Post#18 » by Thugleavy34 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:45 am

The position thing bugs me. Just put in the 12 best players and let the coaches decide where to play them. Melo starting over Boozer because Duncan has to play PF is a shame. I also think the head coach should have lone discretion as to who makes the team. It makes the all star coaching position actually mean something.
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by The_Believer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:11 am

Yi Jian Lian wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

of course baron is more deserving, especially when he's carrying the team on one shoulder...i understand brandon is gonna be a tough one to consider, but only because that dude is kissing some major ass with those iRoys...

6 guards...that's the possibility right now because the center and forward positions are kinda thin because of injuries...when is carmelo coming back?

on a side note...steve nash should be starting...but whatever...it's a popularity thang

Brandon Roy (IMO the most overrated player in the league by far, since the media seems to have a mancrush on him now :roll: ) doesn't belong in the same league as Baron. Baron destroys him in all aspects of the game. 22-5-8-2-~1 >>>>>> 19-5-5 anyday. Baron has also carried us from being down by double digits to winning by double digits while scoring 15 + points in a quarter. When Brandon Roy buries clutch shots in the Spurs and Lakers' faces, gets two 30-5-10 games and gets two 20-5-5-5 games, all the while slowing down elite offensive stars, then he MIGHT be close.

Also, call me crazy, but Baron should start over Nash or Paul. Nash assists the opposing offense as much as his own with his horrible defense, and Paul can't guard stronger players like Baron can or drive at will and would get abused by the guys Baron takes on all the time. No other PG in the league causes as many problems for opponents as Baron does; he drives opposing players nuts all the time. Also, Paul will have his chance to start

PS- Not that this shows anything important, but a recent TNT poll showed that more people wanted Baron to be the starting West PG in the ASG than anyone else. :clap:
Thugleavy34
Analyst

Post#20 » by Thugleavy34 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Paul can't guard stronger players like Baron can or drive at will and would get abused by the guys Baron takes on all the time.

and Baron can't guard quicker players like Paul can and would get abused by the guys Paul takes on all the time.

If Baron drove more, he'd be an MVP. But that's his problem.

Return to Golden State Warriors