ImageImageImage

suns at cavs right now

Moderator: ijspeelman

Lebron721
Junior
And1: 0

Post#121 » by Lebron721 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:54 am

The Cavs are not a very intelligent team and makes you wonder if they ever scout the other team. Watching Nash and Bell left wide open time and time again because of dumb rotations were mind boggling. How about making Marion or Diaw or even Stoudamire shoot from the outside? No the Cavs let run out at both of them like they're Ray Allen or something and leave their best shooters wide open.

Also, James upset kicking over garbage cans? I can understand frustration but he was awful in the 2nd half. I don't know if it was that cut on his leg but he just jacked jumpshots the entire half. But we've seen this before and it's a problem with not have any kind of offensive playcalling. A real coach would get him off a screen and get him a shot around the hoop.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#122 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:55 am

lol @ LBJ kicking over that stuff...:rofl: (What a bad influence on Boobie :lol:)

I love it though... He knows we had no business losing that game..

I'm sorry, much respect to the Suns.. I have no idea how they win consistently ??? There's no way that a team that rebounds like that and plays that type of defense should be a contender.. The open shots really is their defense I suppose...

They're hard to defend...
49erhokie
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#123 » by 49erhokie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:55 am

what was bron all pissed about, did he get fall on the ball denial or sumthin
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#124 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:57 am

What is up with all the trolling?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#125 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:59 am

LeBron kicking over that stuff could have resulted in a career ending injury for Larry...

I can see him tripping, falling and shattering a knee...
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 399

Post#126 » by CzBoobie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:59 am

They are just on completely different level offensively than anyone else, you can't blame defenses for leaving someone open, everybody can shoot the lights out, everybody moves the ball pretty well and they have Nash to always bail them out somehow.

But I don't believe they can win it all with this kind of game.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#127 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:22 am

We're struggling right now. Normally, our rebounding isn't that bad, it isn't good either, but not a 17-3 differential on the O boards.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#128 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:25 am

well we do that to everybody^^^

i mean we miss a lot, so there are numerous opportunities for an offensive rebound

plus z has freakish long arms for tip ins and av is so active on the glass

good game tonight tho
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:26 am

The Suns shot so well that there weren't that many offensive boards for them to get. They did shoot 54% from 3 afterall and I'm sure that's where you get most of your offensive boards.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,415

Post#130 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:53 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:LeBrons pissed and justifiably so. The Suns cheated all game and got away with that crap because the refs gave it to them.

lol, even your mods are whiny.

grow up cav fans, shots will just not fall on certain nights over the course of a season.

Check your PM.

Double Warning. I hate the Suns.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#131 » by B Mac » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:15 am

Not sure how we lost that game... really not at all, but somehow we did. The Suns are a tough team, but I would love to face them again in the Finals if it were to play out that way. We definately went away from what worked at the end there. It looked a bit too much like last year's offense with LBJ just dribbling up top and then jacking something deep up. I was hoping we were past that, hopefully thats just a one night thing, because that wont get it done.

I agree with everyone in here, the Suns do whine more than any other team Ive seen. Even both announcers said they were the worst of any team they've seen all year. I was embarassed for them, but I guess all of that whining paid off for them. I've never had anything against the Suns and have enjoyed watching them play, but I couldnt believe what I was seeing with them tonight.

Oh well, losses like this are bound to happen. Lets regroup and start a new streak.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#132 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:16 am

By the way, Gooden had a spectacularly bad game. It's interesting that the better Varejao plays the more insecure (and therefore bad) Gooden gets. Gibson was much better handling the ball than he normally is, but his shot just wasn't there the way it normally is. He missed 2 wide open threes going down the stretch (Jones really wasn't making them like normal either). But, your not supposed to win when you allow a team to hit 53.8% of their 3 pointers. We took 23 more shots than them but still lost. That's an embarrassment.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#133 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:21 am

Sorry about the trolls guys. Suns Fever does it all the time.. :banghead:
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by B Mac » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:34 am

Black Jesus 1 wrote:Sorry about the trolls guys. Suns Fever does it all the time.. :banghead:

We've had worse.

I can understand why Suns fans would be upset about us calling the Suns whiny, but honestly its not something we have ever really noticed about another team and called them out on here before. As an honest question do Suns fans hear that a lot about their team? Because I havent really noticed them being like that in the past, and tonight was pretty bad.

Oh and to whoever asked earlier, LeBron was pissed because he didnt get the ball on the last shot. You could hear him say something like "1.1 and I dont get the ball?" as he was walking off the court. Gotta love to see fire like that out of him... Just a tough 4th quarter for him. Pretty unbelievable that those bunnys wouldnt fall for him. He hits even one of those and its a completely different game. Luckily for us nights like this are few and far between for LeBron. We'll be ok. Keep the faith Cavs fans.
devwat12
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#135 » by devwat12 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:46 am

Lebron should be pissed at himself. I don't usually get on him, but that was an awful 4th quarter by him. It was like Vince Carter took over his body and he stopped attacking the rim and began launching jumpers.

And the missed layups? WTF? It was like the Finals all over again and everything at point blank range was taking awkward spins off the rim. You can probably count on one hand the number of shots he's missed all year that far in without being fouled. Then, two at crucial moments in the 4th.

The most egregious error was the possession after he put us up 106-104 and Larry got a steal at the other end. When he pounded it for 20 seconds and pulled up from 3, I knew the game was over. You waste key trips like that in a close game against good teams and you get beat. That's the kind of dumb play that almost always is followed by a score for the other team. You absolutely must attack the rim there. You either score, get fouled, miss and create a good offensive rebounding opportunity, or kick to an open Gibson or Jones if you get shut off. You do not jack up a dumb 3. He has done that so many times this year to close out quarters and what not and it is NEVER successful.

We did not look like a good defensive team tonight. That has a tendency to happen when the opponent is bombing away from deep at a higher than 50% clip, but they needed to adjust. It became quite clear that Bell, Barbosa, Nash, etc. had the stroke going tonight. You have to stay with your man at the 3 point line and force PHX to finish in the paint. We kept rotating down and getting burned time after time.

I hope Newble and Drew apologized to the team after the game. These two were awful. Newble dismissed the myth that he is a good defensive player and made such horrible decisions with the ball that I never want to see him on the court again during meaningful minutes.

Drew again managed to have a negative overall impact. He was at the epicenter of most of PHX's big runs. Standing in the lane forever to get a Hughes 3 wiped off. Running over a Suns player for no reason. Throwing bad passes to Ira. Forcing up ill advised shots where he made up his mind that he was putting it up before he even made the catch.

Remember when a lot of people were saying screw AV, we can get by without him? LOL. Whoops.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#136 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 am

agreed on everything you said^^^
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by B Mac » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Great post dev.
FlightNo.23
Senior
And1: 0

Post#138 » by FlightNo.23 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Wow what a tough loss. Should've been one of our team's biggest win this season :(
Black Jesus 1
Banned User

Post#139 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:08 pm

B Mac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We've had worse.

I can understand why Suns fans would be upset about us calling the Suns whiny, but honestly its not something we have ever really noticed about another team and called them out on here before. As an honest question do Suns fans hear that a lot about their team? Because I havent really noticed them being like that in the past, and tonight was pretty bad.

It's mostly D'Antoni who is criticized for arguing a ton of calls.

I just don't think Nash would argue that much, get a T, have seven TO's because there was no contact. He was obviously getting hit.
Nash for the most part is when he gets a foul called on him, he'll probably just laugh at the call, then go over to the ref and talk, nothing heated, but you can tell he wasn't in agreement.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers