ImageImageImage

Cleveland Can Not Trade For Major Players.

Moderator: ijspeelman

Will Cleveland make a trade before the deadline?

Yes, Jason Kidd
25%
Yes, Mike Bibby
25%
Yes, Ron Arest
No votes
Yes, Ron Arest
No votes
Yes, Other
50%

Total votes: 4

m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Cleveland Can Not Trade For Major Players. 

Post#1 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Many of you may believe your team may be able to get Jason Kidd, Ron Artest, Mike Bibby, but the fact of the matter is all these teams want to also give up expiring contracts, big expiring contracts, making it nearly impossible for ANY team to get Ron Artest.

Mike Bibby is a possibility but who is Cleveland going to give up? To match up salaries, to stay at the minimum cap, to have even ENOUGH talent to trade to Sacremento that's not going to happen.

Jason Kidd, if he is going to be traded wants to go to a very "Good" contending team, not a team behind Detroit, Boston, so don't get your hopes up.
Follow @mouzaihem
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#2 » by B Mac » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:20 pm

LOL Well you made a couple valid points. However, you obviously showed you have no idea on many other things. The most of which is still claiming that Detroit is ahead of the Cavs in terms of contending. LeBron has figured out Detroit's defense... your dominance over the Cavs is ova. Get used to it.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#3 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:29 pm

B Mac wrote:LOL Well you made a couple valid points. However, you obviously showed you have no idea on many other things. The most of which is still claiming that Detroit is ahead of the Cavs in terms of contending. LeBron has figured out Detroit's defense... your dominance over the Cavs is ova. Get used to it.

Ha! are you serious with me now? Yes I got the valid points but are you seriously telling me that Cleveland is a better contender then Detroit? You must be kidding me? Especially if they don't get them self a point guard, I do believe they could get Andre Miller, if you really think he'll do what he did to Detroit last year your mistaken especially with our bench, we have AMAZING inside presences are bench that have been playing this year, you obviously have showed you don't know something. Oh by the way, 31-13, 23-19, please tell me that you guys are happy because you wont a couple of easy games by a few points, reality check, Detroit, 2nd in NBA in margin of victory, they dont just win when they win, they blow teams out and they take care of business early, unlike Cleveland could not hold an easy 18 point lead over what was a struggling shooting Suns team. If Lebron has figured out defenses, you think he could have made that lay up with 28.6 seconds left in the game vs the Suns to tie the game, face the fact, you won't make it to the Finals this year, not only that but I'm going to save this argument so that when that does happen, when they are eliminated, I'll show you how Detroit took care of them. That is if they get it to Detroit. Easily Washington could be this team, I mean look at them? There just like Cleveland without one person, by the name of Gilbert Arenas there superstar, really don't tell me I'm wrong when I say Detroit is a much better Contender.
Follow @mouzaihem
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by B Mac » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Waiiiit. I remember this argument. I see you just registered but are you sure you werent here last year? I heard the same exact things then... Hmm I think we all remember how that turned out.

As to your points:
- We beat you last year without a point guard
- We beat you last year even though you had the better record
- We beat you last year even though you were beating teams by a larger margin of points.
- We beat you last year even though you were supposed to have amazing inside precenses
- We beat you last year even though we lost to the Suns in the regular season

I could go on all day. What else you got?
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#5 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:41 pm

Inside presence what inside presence? They had no one, they did not play there bench at all in the regular season, they did not play Amir Johnson, Chuck Siemb, even J-Max as much as they should of, so keep on going, I won't talk about everything wrong with Cleveland I'll just wait till the playoffs and to your Points:

Margin of Victory for Detroit Last Year: 4.5 This Year: 7.3 If I'm not mistaken.

Bench Ranking By ESPN: Last Year: 20th, This Year: 11th
Follow @mouzaihem
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:42 pm

We've played Detroit in each of the last post seasons. Both times they had significantly better seasons than we have and yet they lucked out in game 6 2 years ago and got pretty much dominated by us last year. They are a good team but I have no fear whatsoever of them in the playoffs.

Oh by the way, you are clearly baiting and therefore trolling here. Tone down the rhetoric.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by B Mac » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:53 pm

m23uza1hem36 wrote:Inside presence what inside presence? They had no one, they did not play there bench at all in the regular season, they did not play Amir Johnson, Chuck Siemb, even J-Max as much as they should of, so keep on going,11th

Im not saying you did have a great inside precense, just that I remember pretty clearly Piston fans saying that you had one and that it wouldnt be easy for LeBron to get inside and score on them... Much like you are saying now. Its the same story, just a new year to me. Your answer of "lets just wait", is fine by me since its usually Cavs fans that have to tell Detroit fans that. You are the ones getting all excited over your REGULAR season success.

The Detroit over Cleveland run is over. LeBron physically and mentally broke the Pistons last year and you could see it in both Detroit's eyes and LeBron's eyes. If the Pistons have to play the Cavs again they will be playing scared.. not a good way to go into a playoff series.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:55 pm

By the way, when did Cavs fans start thinking about trying to trade for Artest?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by B Mac » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:03 pm

Never heard that one either.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 397

Post#10 » by CzBoobie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:17 pm

lol, Detroit fan telling us the Pistons are much superior to the Cavs? That's something new...
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#11 » by INKtastic » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Not only will cleveland beat detroit in the playoffs, we'll have home court advantage for the series. The only reason Detroit even has a division lead right now is LeBron missed 5 1/2 games. Unless they plan on injuring him every time we meet, the division is ours.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 397

Post#12 » by CzBoobie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:55 pm

lj4mvp wrote:Not only will cleveland beat detroit in the playoffs, we'll have home court advantage for the series. The only reason Detroit even has a division lead right now is LeBron missed 5 1/2 games. Unless they plan on injuring him every time we meet, the division is ours.

/thread
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#13 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:58 pm

lj4mvp wrote:Not only will cleveland beat detroit in the playoffs, we'll have home court advantage for the series. The only reason Detroit even has a division lead right now is LeBron missed 5 1/2 games. Unless they plan on injuring him every time we meet, the division is ours.

I'm not a Detroit Fan, I'm with everyone, I don't pick sides; but since you assume to be a Detroit fan, I do go extra on Michigan teams because it's my home state.

Ron Artest to Cleveland was discussed on ESPN.
Follow @mouzaihem
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Discussed on ESPN, not by Cavs fans on here. It really makes little sense for the Cavs.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#15 » by m23uza1hem36 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:01 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Discussed on ESPN, not by Cavs fans on here. It really makes little sense for the Cavs.

I was just putting it out:] I do see Andre Miller a possibility for you guys though.
Follow @mouzaihem
FlightNo.23
Senior
And1: 0

Post#16 » by FlightNo.23 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:11 am

Ugh, I'd rather not part with draft picks for a while :nonono:
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:50 am

m23uza1hem36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not a Detroit Fan, I'm with everyone, I don't pick sides; but since you assume to be a Detroit fan, I do go extra on Michigan teams because it's my home state.

Ron Artest to Cleveland was discussed on ESPN.

If you are not a Pistons fan then why is it that you are referring to them as "We" and "Us" while on the Pistons board. Those are definitely signs of being a fan of a team.
hoopsdownlow
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by hoopsdownlow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:14 pm

ETHER THATS SOME STRONG ETHER
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you are not a Pistons fan then why is it that you are referring to them as "We" and "Us" while on the Pistons board. Those are definitely signs of being a fan of a team.

I was wondering the same thing.

Dood just got owned by Outty.
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#20 » by Bamboozled » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:09 pm

I think that Detroit could be better this year than last year, but the cockiness/feeling of entitlement still appears to reek all over this Detroit squad. And although you need a bit of that to win in the NBA, i think it opens them up to lose in the playoffs. Also, there's no way the Cavs are ever losing to them again. They're defeated already by Cleveland....
Go Cavs!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers