ImageImageImage

Game 43 - Cavaliers @ Lakers 3:30 ABC

Moderator: ijspeelman

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#201 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 am

You guys aren't the only ones missing players. The Cavs are short 40% of their closers in Sasha and Varejao. They may not be as important to our team as Bynum is to yours but they are both more important than Ariza. More importantly it means more time for Newble and others that I'd rather not be seen on the court.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#202 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:52 am

LoveThemCavs wrote:BMac hope you're working on the next game thread. You're becoming a good luck charm, plus have a good eye for the cheerleaders. I've had a feeling for about a week now that we're going to go on a big run and push Detroit down the stretch. I hope it happens, the Phoenix loss put a dent in it. I think this team is more than capable of taking that 3rd seed at the minimum. That depends largely on Varejao's injury though. He is just a tempo setter for us. Good game to the Laker fans. Hopefully the Lakers and Cavs can get healthy come playoff time. It's a longshot but I'd love to see that Finals matchup.

I'll see what I can do on the next one. Sorry I had to jet before the end of today's game. Monday is actually my birthday and so we had some family birthday festivities I had to get to... Luckily I still got to watch the rest of that thriller.

The part I am most proud of about my streak is that they have all been against some tough teams. I'll have to go back and look again to make sure, but I know that I started gamethreads for our wins against Boston, Washington, 2 against Toronto, and now the Lakers... Cant remember the other ones.

Hats off to Larry. He kept us in this game until LeBron's defense won it for us. That's right LeBron's D won us a game.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#203 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:36 am

B Mac wrote:Someone should update the announcers and let them know that Damon is now very much a part of our rotation.

They always seem to be about a month (or so) behind on these things.

I must say that I am getting tired of taking good sized leads and giving them back just so that the team can fight it out in the 4th quarter.
KDRE
Lead Assistant
And1: 86

Post#204 » by KDRE » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:15 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They always seem to be about a month (or so) behind on these things.

I must say that I am getting tired of taking good sized leads and giving them back just so that the team can fight it out in the 4th quarter.

It happens in the NBA though. For whatever the reason, teams go on runs, team A loses a bit of focus, they aren't as intense because of the level of fight has gone down because of a big lead, players get tired, so on and so on.

Main thing though is that you guys won, LeBron continues to prove he is very much so more clutch than Kobe and more efficienct.

LeBron had a chance to show some of his defense on a top notch player on a national stage, and this is why you allow players time to develop. LeBron is shutting his naysayers down slowly but surely with about the knocks on his game, and he has Kobe homers in rabid denial that he's earning his accolades and they aren't being thrown on him undeservedly.

He's learning how to use his body (weight, height, speed) and he's realizing that no one can really stop him. Screw who shoots better 3's, give me the more efficient player and guy who'll make the right play.

Great win guys congrats and Thanks for all of the meltdown talk and fodder I get to hear and read here in LA over the next week :)
Notes: Rookie Rudy Gay twisted his left ankle trying to guard McGrady late in the third quarter and limped to the bench. He returned with 5:51 left, then returned to the bench about a minute later - http://www.nba.com/games/20061231/MEMHOU/recap.html
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#205 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:35 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:You guys aren't the only ones missing players. The Cavs are short 40% of their closers in Sasha and Varejao. They may not be as important to our team as Bynum is to yours important thanbut they are both more Ariza. More importantly it means more time for Newble and others that I'd rather not be seen on the court.
Trevor has played a huge role for our team, maybe your confusing him from his Magic or Knick days.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm not confusing him at all. You just can't seem to get around the fact that Sasha and Anderson are at least as important to the Cavaliers as Ariza is to the Lakers.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#207 » by B Mac » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:43 pm

AV to me is our second best player, so him being out was extremely hindering. Sasha has also been one of our best defenders, and does a great job on Kobe. As it turned out LeBron shut Kobe down when it mattered anyway, but I have no doubt that putting Sasha on Kobe all game would have further affected Kobe's game.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers