ImageImageImage

Cleveland Can Not Trade For Major Players.

Moderator: ijspeelman

Will Cleveland make a trade before the deadline?

Yes, Jason Kidd
25%
Yes, Mike Bibby
25%
Yes, Ron Arest
No votes
Yes, Ron Arest
No votes
Yes, Other
50%

Total votes: 4

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#21 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Bamboozled wrote:I think that Detroit could be better this year than last year, but the cockiness/feeling of entitlement still appears to reek all over this Detroit squad. And although you need a bit of that to win in the NBA, i think it opens them up to lose in the playoffs. Also, there's no way the Cavs are ever losing to them again. They're defeated already by Cleveland....

Exactly right. That loss last year was bigger than just one playoff series.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,756

Post#22 » by Snakebites » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:21 am

IMO the Cavs dont need Artest or Kidd anyway. Lebron dominates and handles the ball, and Kidd's not worth the bill he commands unless you need him to be your primary distributor anyway. And lord knows the 37% shooting isnt going to help the Cavs' cause. I think trading for either player leaves the Cavs chances out of the East at roughly were they are now. Not sure how worthwhile Bibby is.

Not sure why everyone (mods included) needed to get so riled up about one Pistons fan ballboy saying they didnt think you could make a major move. But hey, to each board their own eccentricities. I wouldnt speak of cockiness and proceed to assert that the Cavs will never again lose to the Pistons.

Pray the Cavs players dont have the same mentality as the members of this board.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:47 am

We need to recruit a ballboy to go start a similar thread on the Detroit board and then go tell them to not get riled up after they all respond to it. Yea, that'll show them.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#24 » by L&H_05 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 am

I got nasty daddy in a tizzy last year for something I said..Not sure what it was, but it had something to do with hitting the showers or something like that.. He didn't take to kindly to it.. :dontknow:

BTW, the Cavs will never lose to the Pistons ever again in the playoffs...

Ever....

Ever....
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#25 » by Snakebites » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:02 am

^Well, its likely we'll get to test that idea.

Regardless of who you think will win the division, its highly likely we'll have the second and third seeds.

You're the East's incumbents, but that doesnt make you immune to us or any other contending East team, no matter how convinced of it you are. Trust a Piston fan. We've been there. One amazing series does not a permanent trend make.

I look forward to March 19th, the first real game between the two teams this season, as Lebron went down fairly early in the last one. Till then....
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:11 am

Fair enough. Good post buddy, and solid points.

Hopefully we'll have Sasha and AV back by then. Should be a crazy stretch run, and we'll get to see a lot of each other then.

Oh and..

Never

Ever.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#27 » by L&H_05 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:34 am

Lets just agree on one thing...Wizards suck !!!!

:thumbsup:
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#28 » by Snakebites » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:41 am

:lol:

Sure can. (Except against the Celtics)
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#29 » by Gordon Bombay » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:57 am

Pistons#1 wrote:^Well, its likely we'll get to test that idea.

Regardless of who you think will win the division, its highly likely we'll have the second and third seeds.

You're the East's incumbents, but that doesnt make you immune to us or any other contending East team, no matter how convinced of it you are. Trust a Piston fan. We've been there. One amazing series does not a permanent trend make.

I look forward to March 19th, the first real game between the two teams this season, as Lebron went down fairly early in the last one. Till then....

good post buddy...should be another exciting series, because you know the two teams will meet up in the playoffs sometime

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers