Keep Bulls in Mind regarding Kidd

Moderator: ijspeelman

Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Keep Bulls in Mind regarding Kidd 

Post#1 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Kidd wants to go to a contender - like Cleveland.

Here's where Bulls can help.

Bulls can send Wallace & a PG to NJ (PG can be Duhon, Hinrich, or Gordon)

NJ send Kidd to Cleveland

Cleveland can send Hughes & filler (depending on the PG that NJ takes) to Bulls

It certainly can be worked out, dont you think?
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#2 » by Gordon Bombay » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 pm

why would new jersey want ben wallace?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Gordon Bombay wrote:why would new jersey want ben wallace?

They would not NORMALLY trade Kidd for Wallace - but if Kidd wants out badly, they will try to get someone who can help them in exchange
- -- Chinese proverb
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#4 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:43 pm

If you're willing to help, than more power to you.
Bamboozled
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Bamboozled » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Heck, if you want Hughes, I'll drive him to Chicago for you
Go Cavs!
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 397

Post#6 » by CzBoobie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Hughes and filler for Kidd? Lolz

Get it done, Danny!
zmac-
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#7 » by zmac- » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:04 am

I'll fly from Australia to Cleveland, hire a car, drive Larry to Chicago and help him move his stuff if you guys want him
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#8 » by L&H_05 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 am

So let me get this straight.

We trade Larry and a bench scrub, and that it's ???

In return we get Jason Kidd ??

:eek: Oh SNAP !!!!!!
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 am

If Chicago can dump Ben Wallace, it isnt going to matter if Cleveland gets a Kidd out of the deal.

It's not like the Bulls are contending for a championship. They would just be happy making playoffs - and that seems almost impossible.

Even now the Bulls get 2 games with Minn - who are suddenly hot - while Bulls have 3 big injuries - Deng, Gordon, Duhon. Luck is in short supple for the Bulls this season.
- -- Chinese proverb
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by CzBoobie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:14 pm

bulls6 wrote:If Chicago can dump Ben Wallace, it isnt going to matter if Cleveland gets a Kidd out of the deal.

It's not like the Bulls are contending for a championship. They would just be happy making playoffs - and that seems almost impossible.

Even now the Bulls get 2 games with Minn - who are suddenly hot - while Bulls have 3 big injuries - Deng, Gordon, Duhon. Luck is in short supple for the Bulls this season.

I still don't see why two of Cavs' rivals would want to participate in this deal. We're basically talking about the deal where the Bulls and the Nets get GARBAGE and the Cavs come out with one of the best PG's in the league. That really doesn't make any sense to me from the perspective of those two teams.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 pm

CzBron wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I still don't see why two of Cavs' rivals would want to participate in this deal. We're basically talking about the deal where the Bulls and the Nets get GARBAGE and the Cavs come out with one of the best PG's in the league. That really doesn't make any sense to me from the perspective of those two teams.

Bulls could use Hughes since they need a tall SG who can score & he's cheaper than Wallace. I am assuming the filler player will be able to contribute a little - like Newble, marshall, or Gooden.

So, the Bulls wouldnt be getting "garbage". Besides, they cant expect to get much for Wallace at this stage.

However, if Nets absolutely refuse to take wallace - then this idea ends. My theory is that Nets can use wallace & they cant afford to keep an unhappy Kidd around. The deal only gets done as a last resort for the Nets
- -- Chinese proverb
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by CzBoobie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:44 pm

bulls6 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bulls could use Hughes since they need a tall SG who can score & he's cheaper than Wallace. I am assuming the filler player will be able to contribute a little - like Newble, marshall, or Gooden.

So, the Bulls wouldnt be getting "garbage". Besides, they cant expect to get much for Wallace at this stage.

However, if Nets absolutely refuse to take wallace - then this idea ends. My theory is that Nets can use wallace & they cant afford to keep an unhappy Kidd around. The deal only gets done as a last resort for the Nets

Well, Gooden even as moronic as he can be at times can't be considered just as "filler", I'll give you Newb or Marshall, that's for sure.

Next thing is that, yes, Larry Hughes is quite tall, yes, he is little cheaper than Wallace and no, he can't score. Do not let last two games fool you. Offensively, you don't find many worse guards than LH32 in this league.

And the Nets would really have to be desperate to deal Kidd for Wallace. I appreciate the thought of killer frontcourt combo consisting Jason Collins and Ben Wallace, but as awsome as it could be, I don't really see it happening in the real world.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers