ImageImageImageImageImage

MP for Delonte West?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

MP for Delonte West? 

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:00 pm

I doubt Seattle wants MP, but after reading the wire, I can't help but think they could use him as a perimeter defender to help Durant. He'd definitely get more run with the Sonics and they might be inclined to offer him something for next year if he plays well.

Delonte is a guy I've wanted since I saw him at ST Joes with Jameer Nelson. Jameer got most of the pub, but I saw alot of their games that year and Delonte was the better player. He's got great court vision, but for some reason he's been pigeon holed as a SG to much in his young NBA career.

He would have looked real good on the Celtics with Rondo, but the Ray Allen deal killed that. Carleisimo's an ass and I'd hate to play for that guy.

Delonte' would be a nice upgrade on CJ and a guy who would fit our style. Doc Rivers is not a very good coach if you ask me. His rotations before KG and Ray showed up were pretty bad and I don't think he recognizes what some guys can do. The Celtics are winning in spite of Doc.

Leon Powe perfect example. Doc doesn't like him until he was forced to use him, and Wow! the kid can play.

MP for Delonte would be great if you ask me.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Slim Jones
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Slim Jones » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:55 pm

I would take Delonte for MP in a Oaktown gunshot (West Coast version of the New York minute)...

Unfortunately Delonte makes half of what Petey makes, so the numbers don't work.

Petey's value at this point, starts with his expiring contract, and just about ends there too. The Warriors value the EC as much or more than everybody else.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#3 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:21 pm

You could do a Pietrus, O'Bryant and a #2 pick for West and Damien Wilkins. That will work under trade checker.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#4 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Anything to get rid of the worst of our mini-forwards

I'd rather have Nellie abusing Bukie at PF than watch more Pietrus.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
gswlego
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#5 » by gswlego » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 pm

turk3d wrote:You could do a Pietrus, O'Bryant and a #2 pick for West and Damien Wilkins. That will work under trade checker.

That sound like a perfectly sanity thing to do. #2 and O'Bryant will hunt us for life.
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#6 » by MightyReds2020 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Always love West's grid. But good luck convincing Seattle. This looks like a trade just for trade's sake for them.

Return to Golden State Warriors