ImageImageImageImageImage

Nellie on KNBR 1/31

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Nellie on KNBR 1/31 

Post#1 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Feb 1, 2008 12:57 am

Nellie is disgusted that Baron didn't make the All Star game, and says he's disappointed with the WC coaches.

Tom asked Nellie about Jackson, that he seemed to be playing more under control vs. New Orleans. Nellie says Jack was taking too many threes, taking them too early, and not making enough of them over the last couple weeks, and they asked him to be more selective.

On Webber: Webber practiced today! Nellie wants him to be the last guy up the floor on the break, other guys have to be runners, including Biedrins, who will be the early post option. Webber brings ball movement, incredible passes; Belinelli really enjoyed playing with Webber today (all the passes from the high post?). Nellie sees him as a major minutes player - 20-25 MPG MINIMUM once he gets his legs. Nellie insists Webber WILL play alongside Biedrins (and Harrington as well). "I know how to do that," says Nellie. Webber has the know how, knows where to be all the time, can shoot when he's open and pass when he's not. The "deal" works out if the Warriors simply make the playoffs, and once in they'll be more formidable with Webber (especially in the halfcourt).

Nellie talked about being able to play the young guys once in a while now that they're deeper. On Wright: Nellie's proud of him, he hadn't played in a month and came in and did well.
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#2 » by warriortone » Fri Feb 1, 2008 1:02 am

Thanks for the breakdown.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
gswlego
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#3 » by gswlego » Fri Feb 1, 2008 1:05 am

I hope everything will go well because it never does.
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Yi Jian Lian » Fri Feb 1, 2008 3:43 am

Yea, I'm disgusted how Baron didn't make the ASG too...shoot...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#5 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 4:45 am

http://media.knbr.com/knbr/nelson.mp3

Nellie cracks me up when he's not pissing me off.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#6 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:19 am

Ya i am pretty pissed myself. i mean Roy over Baron? wtf!

Return to Golden State Warriors