ImageImageImageImageImage

Cassell

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#21 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm

LF75 wrote:I'd rather keep our pick and trade them Marco Belinelli.

Not a bad idea.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#22 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Mylie10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bull! You ride the hot hand.

Maybe Jax sits some nights. The only one guaranteed to be in there is Baron. Everybody else is interchangable.

No knock on monta, he's the effing man lately.

gotta disagree...

Monta, Baron, Jackson are all locks at the end of the game.
Cassell is a lock at the end of the game as well.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Cassell 

Post#23 » by old rem » Fri Feb 1, 2008 7:45 am

sipclip wrote:Would you guys consider Cassell for your trade exception and a lottery protected 1st?

Would you consider a sixpack for your kid sister? Hell no,what MORON trades a rd 1 for a half season of a 40 yr old 3rd string G??? If you want to dump his salary...yeah..maybe the warriors would do a TPE deal. Sam no longer has the stuff to play enough of a role for us to sacrafice what may be a future asset. Watson appears adequate for a #3 role for now.

What's with these ideas that we suddenly want all the has beens? Are we going into " Win Now" mode (while still fighting to be the #8 seed) ????
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#24 » by old rem » Fri Feb 1, 2008 8:10 am

LF75 wrote:I'd rather keep our pick and trade them Marco Belinelli.

If we give a pick or Belinneli we need more than a TEMP to fill in the (already filled) #3 PG role. We need to USE the ASSETS we have,and stop thinking like Isaiah Thomas,overpaying based on what some guy did 5 years ago.

At this point.....I'm real pessimistic about anything becoming of Belli or the next poor kid we draft. All we really have to show for 13 years in the lottery,is Biedrins----who was probably the biggest long shot of all the guys we drafted. Even so....the sane thing is to trade Belli and or the pick and get a guy we USE and who remains an asset here. Revolving door teams seldom make it to the top. Teams that waste opportunities...seldom get to the top.
CENSORED... No comment.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Re: Cassell 

Post#25 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 1:36 pm

old rem wrote:What's with these ideas that we suddenly want all the has beens? Are we going into " Win Now" mode (while still fighting to be the #8 seed) ????

Plug Jack into the 1st 6 games, and we're nobody's 8 seed. You give us a 3-3 split over those games, and we're in the top bracket. I think they have decided that this team has a real chance to make the conference finals and are going for it.

With the level of play we're getting from our top 4, I have to agree.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#26 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Feb 1, 2008 2:18 pm

I hope there are some moves that improve our awful bench play. I'm hoping that Webber is able to play good, productive, consistent minutes.

I know there will be a lot of you that will say that Webber only hurts the young guys...screw that!

The Warriors have their sights on going as far as they possible can this season. If you want to see young guys play all the time, change teams...how about the Bobcats or maybe the Hawks?

If winning is uncomfortable for you, the Kings aren't that far away.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#27 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 2:46 pm

old rem wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If we give a pick or Belinneli we need more than a TEMP to fill in the (already filled) #3 PG role. We need to USE the ASSETS we have,and stop thinking like Isaiah Thomas,overpaying based on what some guy did 5 years ago.

At this point.....I'm real pessimistic about anything becoming of Belli or the next poor kid we draft. All we really have to show for 13 years in the lottery,is Biedrins----who was probably the biggest long shot of all the guys we drafted. Even so....the sane thing is to trade Belli and or the pick and get a guy we USE and who remains an asset here. Revolving door teams seldom make it to the top. Teams that waste opportunities...seldom get to the top.

How many of their own Draft picks does Phoenix play?

I'm not saying you're 100% wrong or that we should never be looking to build with out own draft picks, but just because the team liked a guy vs. what was available when we picked doesn't mean he's the right guy for us once we see him day to day. SOOOO many draft picks never work out at all for anyone, and to be perfectly honest, we have drafted pretty badly in a number of years. I'm not tremendously surprised that many of our last 13 #1's have yet to contribute to winning here or elsewhere.

We were out of the playoffs for 13 years, it's pretty obvious that we were doing plenty of things wrong, why would one assume that we were drafting well?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#28 » by Sid the Squid » Fri Feb 1, 2008 3:04 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I hope there are some moves that improve our awful bench play. I'm hoping that Webber is able to play good, productive, consistent minutes.

I know there will be a lot of you that will say that Webber only hurts the young guys...screw that!

The Warriors have their sights on going as far as they possible can this season. If you want to see young guys play all the time, change teams...how about the Bobcats or maybe the Hawks?

If winning is uncomfortable for you, the Kings aren't that far away.
Uh oh!!...We've got a *Brandan Wright hater^* in our group. :nonono:

:P
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#29 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 4:52 pm

games 30 - minutes 26.2 - FG% 45.5 - FT% 89.7 rebounds 2.8
assists 4.6 - steals 0.7 - points 13.3

Hardly borke down Rem. Trade exception straight up. (but if it's a deal breaker i go pick)

6.1 million expiring deal.

May be able to resign him at years end for a reasonable deal or use the money elswhere.

CJ won't sniff to much time in the playoffs, so........

For me Sams a big point guard. He plays smart and makes big shots (45% FG). He has a penchant for the big shot. The FT% is huge and autimatic. These are crunch time things he offers.

You win in the playoffs by closing teams out. Onlt good players have the ability to close people out in crunch time.

a 3 guard rotation of Sam, Monta, and Baron would be among the best in all of basketball. Barons minutes would clearly be able to go down with Sam around.

If I'm a moron for wanting sammy at the cost of a may or may not play for us or even ever make a difference young player, then I guess I'll take my morons against your dumb rooks any day.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#30 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:00 pm

[quote="LF75"][/quote]

You should know better than that.

Return to Golden State Warriors