ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Gasol to the Lakers

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Craig McDermott
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#101 » by Craig McDermott » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:03 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Ellison FTW!

I'm going to write Arlen Specter and call Kobe's tampering to his attention. Congress needs to do something about this.

Haha. You do that.

I checked the other Western forums. You guys have beaten them all. Lovin this thread.

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#102 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:05 am

cosinostra wrote:utter BS... I'm wondering how the dubs or the suns couldn't have offered something better.

Maybe if the Suns still had Kurt Thomas' expiring :dontknow:

Oh who I'm kidding, Phoenix won't take on Gasol's salary. Anyway, I don't know how well he fits with a team like Phoenix.

Same with the Warriors... no Dale Davis' big contract that can come off Memphis' books next season.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#103 » by turk3d » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:19 am

A few years from now, I'd take my chances with Beans and a mature Wright against a much slower Gasol and Bynum playing in our system. The problem is Kobe, not those guys.

I think with C-Webb (if he gives us decent minutes) we will match up pretty good against them even right now.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,394

Post#104 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:19 am

timlin500 wrote:Is it April fools day? I hate my life :(

I thought the EXACT same thing when I first saw this...

But alas, its Feb 1st :cry:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#105 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:36 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Gasol has yet to win a playoff game. There's something very wrong with him to have lost as much as he has. All the other "dominant" big men have changed the face of their teams and gotten them into the hunt. Gasol has most definitely not had an impact on winning to this point in his career.

You may be right but I want to see him on a better team first. Dallas Kidd didn't win. Atlanta Terry didn't win. Washington Webber didn't win. All did fine later.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#106 » by FNQ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:16 am

Pau's not an elite big man... he's an above average...

Think David West, "pre-all star". He's an ideal #2 option for Kobe... and an ideal #2 player period.

His scoring should go down but REB up for the Lakeshow, at least til Bynum comes back.... 16-9 is about where I'd peg him for a full season in LAL
zero
Junior
And1: 5

Post#107 » by zero » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:16 am

macballer30 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Right there with you and I live in LA now. I hate the Lakers and I hate Laker fans. What the hell is wrong with Memphis. This is complete ****.

ditto. :(
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#108 » by BooRadley » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:21 am

I'm sure Pau with Tony Parker and Manu could win a couple playoff series. He did get them to the playoffs 3 times without great players around him.
zero
Junior
And1: 5

Post#109 » by zero » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:24 am

i really hope this turns out the way the shaq, kobe, malone, payton lakers did. or heck even the dirk, twan, tawn, and whoever else was on that mavs team. it's not a sure fire thing. it may not be as solid as boston has been. it just makes the west even tougher.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#110 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:11 pm

510Reggae wrote:Pau's not an elite big man... he's an above average...

Think David West, "pre-all star". He's an ideal #2 option for Kobe... and an ideal #2 player period.

His scoring should go down but REB up for the Lakeshow, at least til Bynum comes back.... 16-9 is about where I'd peg him for a full season in LAL

That's about how I see him. He's not a replacement for Baron, but he is a big f :censored: ing threat to add to an nearly complete team featuring a guy like Baron or Kobe.

I wouldn't give up Baron for him, but I sure as heck don't like the Lakers getting him.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Craig McDermott
Banned User

Post#111 » by Craig McDermott » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:46 pm

zero wrote:i really hope this turns out the way the shaq, kobe, malone, payton lakers did.

What, is Scott Williams around anymore to suck Gasol's knee up his cavernous inner buttcheek area?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#112 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:32 pm

The Warriors will never be better than the Lakers, how could Chris, Chris and Don let this happen.....

Starters

C. Bynum
PF. Gasol
SF. Odom
SG. Kobe
PG. Fisher

Bench

Farmer
Walton
Ariza
Vujacic
Turiaf
Radmanovic
Mihm

:banghead:
:x
:oops:
:wavefinger:

LA is laughing at the rest of the NBA today, I know I would be.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#113 » by KR4 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:10 pm

As an avid Lakerhater, I'm calling BS. Pau is a terrible personality, has no charisma, is a terrible teammate, and has a very small penis. All of these things, mainly the last, will help him fail in LA-LA Land.

On a serious note, I could see chimistry issues brewing. Pau could clog it up a bit. Emphasis on "could".
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#114 » by St.Nick » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:16 pm

I envision the Lakers of Payton-Malone-Kobe-Shaq.

Problems include: Not enough balls to go around, weird mish-mash of styles, and of course, Kobe.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#115 » by turk3d » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:20 pm

Unfortunately for us, as far as chemistry is concerned, that's where Phil Jackson comes in. You can be sure hes got a plan for dealing with that and making sure that Gasol fits in.

And as far as the triangle goes, that's probably ideal for Gasol.

If they hold onto Odom when Bynum gets back, they're going to be a monster on the boards.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#116 » by Mylie10 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:26 pm

KR4 wrote:As an avid Lakerhater, I'm calling BS. Pau is a terrible personality, has no charisma, is a terrible teammate, and has a very small penis. All of these things, mainly the last, will help him fail in LA-LA Land.

On a serious note, I could see chimistry issues brewing. Pau could clog it up a bit. Emphasis on "could".

Short term I don't see a chamistry issue, but long term I do.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#117 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:33 am

I will point out that whenever the idea of Gasol to the Warriors was brought up here prior to this trade, the prevailing opinion seemed to be "no! he would be a terrible fit here!" I remember this specifically because I thought it would be fantastic to bring him here, at the right cost. If there are people out there that were saying that, and now are saying, "how could Nelson and Mullin let this happen?", I'm not sure what they are suggesting, but it probably isn't legal heh

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
thetrueth
Analyst

Post#118 » by thetrueth » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:06 pm

hopefully this hurts LA financially. Anyone with good contract/salary knowledge care to detail?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#119 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:20 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I will point out that whenever the idea of Gasol to the Warriors was brought up here prior to this trade, the prevailing opinion seemed to be "no! he would be a terrible fit here!" I remember this specifically because I thought it would be fantastic to bring him here, at the right cost. If there are people out there that were saying that, and now are saying, "how could Nelson and Mullin let this happen?", I'm not sure what they are suggesting, but it probably isn't legal heh

IIRC, the discussion was bringing him here at the likely cost of Biedrins or Monta. I know Pau can play, but I don't particularly want to give up either of those guys for him.

I really don't mind that we didn't get him, but it's a huge problem that the Lakers got him at basically no cost. If we couldhave had him for Belli, Pietrus and two non-consecutive late 20's draft picks? Hell yes we should have made that deal. The problem was (and I believe Mullin probably felt the same way) that our "young talent" didn't fit together in a deal package without us overpaying.

Us building a deal around Monta or Beans to compete with a deal built around Crittendon would be a net victory for the Lakers.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#120 » by St.Nick » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:24 pm

We couldn't swing the deal bc Cohan is a cheap bee-yatch that will not go into the lux tax. Paying Monta, Andris, Baron, Al, and S-Jax+ Pau while losing cheap 1st rd roster fillers would have put us deep into lux tax land.

Plus, I think any deal that nets us a $10M+ PF needs to include Al on the way out of town, which is not so easy to do.

If you want to blame someone for the Lakers getting him, blame those stupid Kobe fans that buy every piece of merchandise that is shamelessly offered. The world would be a lot better without some of those guys.

Return to Golden State Warriors