FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#142 » by FNQ » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:22 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

[/b]

Bingo,

and it's going to be that way until Cohan gets his sale price, so let's pull for "win enough" asap so we can get that cheap spoogebag outta here!

That seems to me, the most pessimistic angle... shame on you.. :wavefinger:

Thats WCS for me... I'd much rather our FO be in chaos. It would cut deep if the W's FO's goal was to just be slightly above average :nonono:
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#143 » by GSWhoopfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 8:50 pm

stop crying over spilled milk...

we didnt get Gasol...move on

our team is very mysterious. on paper, the Lakers are the best in the West. so bring it on.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#144 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:00 pm

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That seems to me, the most pessimistic angle... shame on you.. :wavefinger:

Thats WCS for me... I'd much rather our FO be in chaos. It would cut deep if the W's FO's goal was to just be slightly above average :nonono:

The more we win with the current salary structure, the more attractive this franchise becomes. I would love to make the conference finals. I'm sure Cohan is aiming lower (i.e. just make the playoffs again) but I'll take that and more.

The worst case scenario for me is we spectacularly don't make the playoffs and the gate declines. If you think we've been cheap so far, imagine if we stop winning/selling out.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#145 » by FNQ » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:22 pm

The more we win with the current salary structure, the more attractive this franchise becomes. I would love to make the conference finals. I'm sure Cohan is aiming lower (i.e. just make the playoffs again) but I'll take that and more.

The worst case scenario for me is we spectacularly don't make the playoffs and the gate declines. If you think we've been cheap so far, imagine if we stop winning/selling out.

:lol:

I get angry thinking I have to wait til next season to see Wright, one of our top 3 most physically gifted players...

Thinking that it would be any longer is just twisting the knife...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#146 » by turk3d » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:30 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:With the benefit of hindsight, I figure the best answer would have been to be the team dealing for Kurt Thomas with Phoenix. There was quite a nice bonus given to the team to take him off their hands, and he was a big ole expiring contract that fit within the trade exception.

I was close. Prior to them trading Kurt Thomas, I suggested we should consider doing so. What I missed was:
- I had no idea Phoenix would pay such a premium to unload him. If I'd known that, I would have said, "Hell yeah. Take that deal ASAP."
- At the time I thought that Thomas was a good use of the TE, but that we might be able to do better. After the Thomas trade, we unloaded all our big/bad contracts, and made it hard to do much of anything interesting with the TE. So using the TE for Thomas would have been better, since we could have bundled him with young guys by now.

Ah well.

Kerr would have never given us the same deal he gave Seattle and you can book that. I'm sure when we talked to them about Thomas (the deal was a lot less than he was willing to give teams who were not a threat to them).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#147 » by azwfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:47 pm

510Reggae wrote:Hindsight/retrospect is the greatest excuse for lack of foresight...

Who would have thought expirings would hold tons of value? A: ANYONE interested in a championship. If you have an EC, you have a leg up on every other major player in the trade market.

Its simple... either the FO/Coach are on the same page and our yanking the collective fanbase's chain, or they aren't on the same page and there's worse, unexplainable moves to come.

At this stage you have to hope its option #1. There was no win now mantra... maybe a "win enough" mantra...

Is this some kind of surprise to you? How long have you been a fan? Building for a championship? When was the last time anyone in the W's organization even mentioned the word championship? Nobody's chain is getting yanked here. They're just trying their hardest to keep the fans coming out.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#148 » by azwfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:50 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kerr would have never given us the same deal he gave Seattle and you can book that. I'm sure when we talked to them about Thomas (the deal was a lot less than he was willing to give teams who were not a threat to them).

Phoenix wouldve given us Kurt Thomas if it meant we only took 1 of the 1st rd picks. That was a deal i suggested prior to the Seattle trade happening, but i did not dream of 2 1st rd picks. BTW, most ppl on this board complained that Kurt Thomas was too old when i suggested it. Oh well.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#149 » by azwfan » Mon Feb 4, 2008 9:54 pm

Lets trade Belinelli, Kosta, Pietrus and POB for Kwame... and then the TPE & 2nd rd pick for Mike Miller.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#150 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:11 pm

510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I get angry thinking I have to wait til next season to see Wright, one of our top 3 most physically gifted players...

Thinking that it would be any longer is just twisting the knife...

I am excited about Brandan, and I do want to see him play (especially instead of Pete) but honestly, if our style of play is "fools gold" and our coach is a no-big-man-teaching buffoon, then why would we want Brandan rushed along into this system with this coach who will lead him astray? Do we really want Brandan corrupted by this crappy brand of ball? I mean it's not like he's going to change how Nellie approaches the game, he'll just have to adjust his game to fit our BS.

If we can win enough without him to get Cohan his $200MM sale, then it's better he waits. When Nelli's done pimping Cohan's franchise, we can get a less marketing friendly, more fundamental, grind it out coach (Van Gundy or bring Monty back?) to come in and pack 30 or so pound onto Dre, Obee and Brandan so that we can learn to play real basketball like the Knicks front line.

St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#151 » by St.Nick » Mon Feb 4, 2008 10:39 pm

That was so gad danged beautiful, Sleepy. I think I love you. :love:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#152 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 11:01 pm

St.Nick wrote:That was so gad danged beautiful, Sleepy. I think I love you. :love:

Don't love me too much. I think you're bat s :censored: crazy too.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#153 » by Souvlaki » Mon Feb 4, 2008 11:16 pm

You guys crack me up.

Sleepy, beautiful post. Listen to that...hear it? That's the sound of little smoke puffs coming out of LF510's ears.
Paule McDigg
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#154 » by Paule McDigg » Tue Feb 5, 2008 12:56 am

azwfan wrote:Lets trade Belinelli, Kosta, Pietrus and POB for Kwame... and then the TPE & 2nd rd pick for Mike Miller.

Belinelli deserves that chance!
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#155 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Feb 5, 2008 1:07 am

I'd like to see Biedrins and POB with about 10 more pounds of muscle..Brandan probably 15 to 20...Sleepy's pulling a *St. Nick" by coming up with 30 pounds..It's irratating..I'm not upset....I dont understand why 51 would attribute 30 more pounds to us...Maybe because he had to to make his point make any sense? Very St. Nick like.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#156 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 5, 2008 2:16 am

I am excited about Brandan, and I do want to see him play (especially instead of Pete) but honestly, if our style of play is "fools gold" and our coach is a no-big-man-teaching buffoon, then why would we want Brandan rushed along into this system with this coach who will lead him astray? Do we really want Brandan corrupted by this crappy brand of ball? I mean it's not like he's going to change how Nellie approaches the game, he'll just have to adjust his game to fit our BS.

If we can win enough without him to get Cohan his $200MM sale, then it's better he waits. When Nelli's done pimping Cohan's franchise, we can get a less marketing friendly, more fundamental, grind it out coach (Van Gundy or bring Monty back?) to come in and pack 30 or so pound onto Dre, Obee and Brandan so that we can learn to play real basketball like the Knicks front line.

And now your leading the charge for these buffoons? Keep it in context.

Small ball is what's fools gold... smallball is why our coach's strategies aren't realistic in the playoffs... playing Brandan is a step in the right direction at the very least, and besides, Nellie will not finish his contract...

Give me a break... its becoming a herd of these sheeple following in line...

These people pick and choose bits of things that are said and then add their own ludicrous perspective...

Very St. Nick like.

It's always easier to make up an argument to argue against...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#157 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:01 am

LF75 wrote:I'd like to see Biedrins and POB with about 10 more pounds of muscle..Brandan probably 15 to 20...Sleepy's pulling a *St. Nick" by coming up with 30 pounds..It's irratating..I'm not upset....I dont understand why 51 would attribute 30 more pounds to us...Maybe because he had to to make his point make any sense? Very St. Nick like.

I SOOO didn't write that post to be Nick's standard bearer. It was just a joke, and much more at 510's expense than yours. I don't group you with 510 at all these days. I get you now.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#158 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:09 am

510Reggae wrote:Give me a break... its becoming a herd of these sheeple following in line...

:rofl2:

Didn't we all agree not to say "sheeple" anymore? I mean, we're all kind of internet dorks here, but I though we'd agreed to stay away from the unabomber-speak?
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,565

Post#159 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:10 am

I'd like to see Pietrus add like 15 pounds, but all in one arm. That would be cool.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#160 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:14 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I'd like to see Pietrus add like 15 pounds, but all in one arm. That would be cool.

There goes beer through the nose again. Note to self, Sam Adams is NOT an inhalant.

I love you Chris. You're hilarious. I'd be your sheeple any time. :wink:

[insert uncomfortable silence here]

Return to Golden State Warriors