Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#161 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:25 am

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl2:

Didn't we all agree not to say "sheeple" anymore? I mean, we're all kind of internet dorks here, but I though we'd agreed to stay away from the unabomber-speak?

Thats what these people are... none have the balls to disagree until someone else does, and then the faux facts come raining in...

I agree though... its much easier to be in an ignorant pile and then only stepping up when someone else does...

Hooray for mediocrity... hooray for being snide all the time and leading a mass charge of basketball ignorance..
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#162 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:30 am

I'm not going to take you seriously until you calm down and stop making an ass of yourself.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#163 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:32 am

I SOOO didn't write that post to be Nick's standard bearer. It was just a joke, and much more at 510's expense than yours. I don't group you with 510 at all these days. I get you now.
No problemo...Though I like the idea of being 510's internet sheepie..I'm a big fan...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#164 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:32 am

New ideas are scary :o

They aren't even printed in the papers...

What do I care if I come off as an ass here... I dont come here for an ego massage, I come to talk ball... seemingly less and less ball talk here, the asylum is being run by guys buddying up and patting themselves on their homer backsides...

As I said previously... if anyone new posted a fact that wasn't completely wildly out of context, I'd be literally shocked...

This board has seriously shrunk to a handful of people even worth discussing ball about... it's all become agendas...

Not that it matters... my opinions will keep coming and keep being correct. Enjoy :thumbsup:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#165 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:36 am

Now you're stealing my lines? C'mon guy . . . don't be a Knobs.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#166 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:36 am

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No problemo...Though I like the idea of being 510's internet sheepie..I'm a big fan...

You know what he does with sheep don't you?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#167 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:38 am

510Reggae wrote: it's all become agendas...

:o
did you actually just say that?

Bizzarro week continues. I can't WAIT for us to have a game!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:42 am

My pro-championship/pro-Warrior agenda is well known I guess :dontknow:

Go find the thread where Nellie asked for more cash this offseason... I was completely behind it... and then I slowly learn Nellie's history, see a repeated past of hollow regular season winning followed by playoff "collapses"...

I've praised and turned on so many Warriors I should have my own soap...
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#169 » by floppymoose » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:43 am

How bout those Warriors?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#170 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:48 am

510Reggae wrote:We never had a shot at Gasol... we could have w/some smart FO moves, but we never even tried.

Rewind back 6 months...

Brent Barry was clearly available... if the W's eat that contract, there's a 5.6 m expiring, that means we have a great spot up shooter and not a poor defender either..

J-Will from the Heat would have taken some convincing in the pre-season, but MIA was obviously not caring too much if he was gone. Pick up that POB option and we could have dealt him...

Mike Doleac for a TPE at any time is good for trading purposes..

Even with the new addition of players, MEM has 13 players on their roster... they also took back "Aaron McKie" and "Marc Gasol" who dont take up spots.

But could LAL trump a expirings + POB + Belinelli + 08/10 1sts offer? Not a chance.

Barry + Pietrus + POB + Beli + 08/10

for

Pau + Jacobsen

If FO was serious about a title move, that money gets spent on EXP for just that situation. With Nellie obviously looking towards the now and the FO obviously looking towards the savings... isn't that a giant red flag? :dontknow:

Hindsight is 20/20, but stockpiling expiring contracts with the expectation of flipping them for an All Star is a very risky strategy. Say the Grizzlies, as most people expected, win a handful more games so far this season? Then not only do we not have another example of this Gasol situation playing out this season, but in fact the most recent, pertinent example would be the Suns sending Kurt Thomas PLUS TWO FIRSTS to Seattle for Nada.

It is ironic though, that one possible result of the offloading of bad contracts and newfound financial flexibility the Warriors have seen over the last year might have been losing some ability to steal talent.

And I still think if the Warriors are going to add that much salary, Gasol might not be the best expenditure.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:53 am

jrhester wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hindsight is 20/20, but stockpiling expiring contracts with the expectation of flipping them for an All Star is a very risky strategy. Say the Grizzlies, as most people expected, win a handful more games so far this season? Then not only do we not have another example of this Gasol situation playing out this season, but in fact the most recent, pertinent example would be the Suns sending Kurt Thomas PLUS TWO FIRSTS to Seattle for Nada.

It is ironic though, that one possible result of the offloading of bad contracts and newfound financial flexibility the Warriors have seen over the last year might have been losing some ability to steal talent.

And I still think if the Warriors are going to add that much salary, Gasol might not be the best expenditure.

Not necessarily...

The contracts I listed were most definitely available, and all of which would pose some use to us.

Gasol is a #2 through and through, something we really need - especially on the low block. He does most of his scoring face up, rebounds pretty decently, and although not a C, can body a man better than anyone on our team besides Al.

The connection I was trying to make was the win-now mentality of the coach v. the spendthrift owner / GM / Prez / whoever. It's a complete contradiction.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#172 » by St.Nick » Tue Feb 5, 2008 10:12 am

I SOOO didn't write that post to be Nick's standard bearer. It was just a joke, and much more at 510's expense than yours. I don't group you with 510 at all these days. I get you now.

Uh, they pretty much say the same exact thing, Sleepy. Except Reggae is not as clever as LF when doing it, so it just comes off as crazy and annoying rather than crazy and funny.

But these guys are obviously in the same camp. I think they even share a tent together.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#173 » by Souvlaki » Tue Feb 5, 2008 7:22 pm

St.Nick wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But these guys are obviously in the same camp. I think they even share a tent together.

It's the same person.

:cuddle
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#174 » by yehyeh82 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:49 am

Check out this trade offer Chad Fraud came up for us to get Pau. It might be the dumbest trade I have ever seen. What he does to our already thin bench is amazing, and the fact that it's pretty much impossible is the icing on the cake. Check the note at the bottom.

Golden State Warriors

Potential offer:
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#175 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:43 am

Note: the Warriors would not agree to this trade.

Return to Golden State Warriors