ImageImageImage

Kidd to the Mavs??

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#41 » by tombattor » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm

chakdaddy wrote:This isn't a good trade for New Jersey. The picks will be low. Stackhouse is redundant with Carter/Jefferson. I've never been impressed with Devin Harris, and they already had a decent young PG in Marcus Williams. And Kidd is all that ever made their team decent.

So since you were never impressed with Harris without having watched him, he must be horrible, right? Trust me. No one would have thought anything even if the Nets traded Kidd for Harris almost straight up. That's how good he is.

Have you heard of defense? Harris is one of the best among PGs at it. Kidd is getting worse by the day. But since they don't show one-on-one D on sportscenter, it must not mean much. I love novice fans who want to act like they know when they don't know caca.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#42 » by Spin Move » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7793 ... dd-to-Mavs

Fox sports says antoine wright might be included that makes a little more sense, he could be turn into a solid guy if he gets a better J, But really, Harris, Stackhouse Diop? (we should trade for Diop if NJ doesnt really want him...that would solve the backup C problem) and picks for kidd...over paying
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,675

Post#43 » by 3pt % » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Crap, Sean Williams is on my fanatasy team, Diop is going to eat those minutes.

I think the Mavs panicked. It's not like Dirk has a season left, and Harris was really maturing.

Ring or bust for the Mavs, as they got older and have already been to the finals.
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Rocky5000 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 pm

Thanks for the compliments on the avatar, but it was SuperDeluxe who did all of the real work in making the video. He posted it yesterday, and I just snagged it. :)
The AP writer called that a hack! Can you believe it?
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,925

Post#45 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:Thanks for the compliments on the avatar, but it was SuperDeluxe who did all of the real work in making the video. He posted it yesterday, and I just snagged it. :)
The AP writer called that a hack! Can you believe it?

Haha, thanks for the credit, but I don't deserve it. Someone else created the clip, I saw it on another website, and simply "stole" the link to it.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#46 » by Banks2Pierce » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:19 pm

Oh man, things got a little awkward. I stole this avatar from some guy on spurstalk.
spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Post#47 » by spacemonkey » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 pm

Let them weaken each other before tackling us :)
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#48 » by Dogen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Banks2Pierce wrote:Oh man, things got a little awkward. I stole this avatar from some guy on spurstalk.

Ah... I thought I had seen that in another avatar!

As far as I'm concerned, you can both keep it--- and please post often. I never get tired of watching that one. :rofl:
Hey you! Can we come together?
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#49 » by Pugsley_2491 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Pogue Mahone wrote:If true, New Jersey bent over Dallas in a major way --- with no lube.

lmao! haha if you don't mind i'm gonna use that in my sig to piss off dallas fans who're pissed at the trade
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#50 » by chakdaddy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 pm

tombattor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So since you were never impressed with Harris without having watched him, he must be horrible, right? Trust me. No one would have thought anything even if the Nets traded Kidd for Harris almost straight up. That's how good he is.

Have you heard of defense? Harris is one of the best among PGs at it. Kidd is getting worse by the day. But since they don't show one-on-one D on sportscenter, it must not mean much. I love novice fans who want to act like they know when they don't know caca.

When did I say I haven't watched Harris. All I've ever seen is a fast guy with decent size, ok shooter, ok playmaker, all the makings of an ok player. Certainly not terrible, better than Marcus Williams...but no Jason Kidd.

We'll see what happens to New Jersey. In this case, it is possible that they couldn't have done better. But I doubt it. But Kidd was only going to decline further, while Gasol wasn't anywhere near the end of his career.

I bet you thought Tim Perry was a big pickup for the Sixers back in the day, since you're no novice.
AWalkerREMIX
Starter
And1: 8

Post#51 » by AWalkerREMIX » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 pm

Stupid trade for the Mavericks. Down right awful.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,925

Post#52 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:46 pm

I think this is a good trade for both teams, considering what they seem to be doing (Dallas going for the championship now, Jersey going through an emergency overhaul due to JKidd's will to bolt). In many ways I see this trade as similar to the Celts's trade for Garnett and Minny taking on young talent
Barry Lird
Junior

Post#53 » by Barry Lird » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:51 pm

tombattor wrote:-= ...But do you think this trade made them [the Mavs] better? You can agree that this trade made the Nets much better in the coming years, right?

I definitely think that the trade made the Mavs better in the short term if the following happens as was written above:

Stackhouse is supposed to be bought out and sign back in Dallas and in a separate trade Antoine Wright is supposed to go to Dallas for two second rounders.

I like Harris as a prospect. I think Jersey got plenty for Kidd when you factor in the picks (even though they'll likely be in the 20s).

Kidd is still a damned good point. Considerably better than Harris, but Jersey was going nowhere with their team, and it made good sense to trade Kidd while they could (and Carter's next).

Like all these aging star trades, it's a short term gain for for the team getting the aging star versus a long term gain for the team getting prospects.
BrokenLeftyJumper
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by BrokenLeftyJumper » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Good trade for the Nets. Not so hot for the Mavs.

Don't think Kidd is too much of an upgrade over Harris. Not to mention they gave some solid role players away as well.

Small minds seem to think that players like Jason Kidd and Pau Gasol fetch players like Al Jefferson back every time. Newsflash: GM's don't trade young studs like Big Al for old vets on the decline or for moderately better guys with huge contracts.
francishsu
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#55 » by francishsu » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:07 am

The contrast between what Rod Thorn got for Jason Kidd, compared to what Chris Wallace got for Pau Gasol, is striking to say the least...
Celtic Thug RIP @ Healthpoint
Youth4Glory
Sophomore

Post#56 » by Youth4Glory » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 am

If Dallas gets Stackhouse back I like the trade. Although Dallas certainly has problems at Center. Both Bass and Howard cannot play there as effectively as Diop, and Dampier isn't good for more than 25 a game. Hassell will get some more minutes
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,690

Post#57 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:28 am

Cuban must be regretting letting Nash go, eh?

Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if the whole West isn't in a "Win now!!" panic vs. Portland and to some extent LA and Boston. Add Oden to a pretty decent team and you could have a powerhouse really quickly. Maybe it's not whether Dirk has a short window so much as whether a Dirk-led team has a short window.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
NH_soxfan14
Junior
And1: 1

Post#58 » by NH_soxfan14 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:45 am

greenbeans wrote:that is UGLYYYY from the Mavs POV. . they are now OUT of the top western tier imo

edit- if that IS the deal, Kidd/Armstrong for Harris/Stackhouse/George/Ager AND on top of all that, 2 1sts

I am loving your Signature.

5 NBA players and two 1st round draft picks for Kidd and Allen?
This deal is terrible.

RSN
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#59 » by chakdaddy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:48 am

BrokenLeftyJumper wrote:Good trade for the Nets. Not so hot for the Mavs.

Small minds seem to think that players like Jason Kidd and Pau Gasol fetch players like Al Jefferson back every time. Newsflash: GM's don't trade young studs like Big Al for old vets on the decline or for moderately better guys with huge contracts.

Obviously Kidd and Gasol don't fetch a Jefferson (although Jefferson for Gasol was rumored last winter, and Kidd almost fetched Bynum)...and New Jersey isn't getting that bad a deal here.

But anyone defending the Gasol trade simply doesn't understand the concept that 3 neglible values added together are still negligible.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#60 » by semi-sentient » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:00 am

Good for Kidd. He deserves another shot with a team that's going to be right up there.

The West is going to be crazy tough this year. Whoever comes out of that conference is going to be battle tested, that's for sure.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Return to Boston Celtics