ImageImage

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics) 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:47 pm

We needed a new stickied thread on this now that the date is locked in.

It is this Saturday, March 15th for the Celtics Game.

Great work by GAD in arranging all this. Sparky was again talking about it on his show today and most callers liked the idea.

Also post any questions people have and GAD can answer on here or offline.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 pm

so how many guys do you have...
I will be at the game not to be involve with this but I want to see how you guys organize...
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Someone higher up in the Bucks organization will be reading this board, of that I can guarantee, so I'd keep the details of this going through an email list or something.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:12 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Someone higher up in the Bucks organization will be reading this board, of that I can guarantee, so I'd keep the details of this going through an email list or something.

That's the thing I never got about this whole thing. The discussion and preparation and now the date are apart of the public domain. How is this thing supposed to be pulled off when Bucks officials are going to be prepared for it?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:13 pm

This should be sweet. It should actually be a somewhat large crowd with the Celtics in town.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#6 » by bigkurty » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Bucks_Revenge wrote:so how many guys do you have...
I will be at the game not to be involve with this but I want to see how you guys organize...

Unless you are there to be involved, should we even tell you? You could be the spy, haha. Seriously we have about 75 now. That could be disinformation though to throw the Bucks brass off our scent though.

I have also talked to a family friend Herbert Kohler and he says he might join in. He said he was disgusted he had to have a name so similar to the meddling owner running this crap franchise.

Energee are going to do a routine in protest too. Word is the only thing they will be wearing is bags on their heads. Thats going to be hot.

Freeway is going and will be in full support too. Expect crazy dancing with a bag on his head.

ESPN will also have Kenny Mayne there doing a comedic piece all about how Ruben got kicked out cause he didn't drop the soap often enough when a short old guy stepped into the locker room.

It should be a great night. Better get there early.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#7 » by xTitan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:21 pm

You people do not know the Senator well....if it means a bigger gate the Senator will have his minions at the door handing out old Kohls Foodstore bags.....a penny earned..
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#8 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Other than some specific details, this needs to get out so people mark it down and try to come.

I don't think anyone is that worried about the Bucks knowing about it since Sparky's now been publicizing the date.

As Kurty said, having 75 people already signed up is a huge start to things. If we get this up to 300-400 it will be impressive. Luke, you should make the drive.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:35 pm

xTitan wrote:You people do not know the Senator well....if it means a bigger gate the Senator will have his minions at the door handing out old Kohls Foodstore bags.....a penny earned..

It's not like this will be a huge attendance increase from what it would have been anyway. Kohl definitely cares about public perception and he definitely hates being publically embarassed in any way.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#10 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Other than some specific details, this needs to get out so people mark it down and try to come.

I don't think anyone is that worried about the Bucks knowing about it since Sparky's now been publicizing the date.

As Kurty said, having 75 people already signed up is a huge start to things. If we get this up to 300-400 it will be impressive. Luke, you should make the drive.

I would for sure if I was in town. I'm glad you guys are doing this though. The complacency and incompetence of this organization needs to be called out by the die-hards.
Matt Foley
Banned User

Post#11 » by Matt Foley » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:40 pm

are we gonna do something outside before the game? I bet they step up security looking for paper bags so hide em good in your pants
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#12 » by jerrod » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:45 pm

so our revolution is going to be televised, awesome
Matt Foley
Banned User

Post#13 » by Matt Foley » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:02 pm

common?

So if we win the next 2 games will we look like fools?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#14 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:05 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's the thing I never got about this whole thing. The discussion and preparation and now the date are apart of the public domain. How is this thing supposed to be pulled off when Bucks officials are going to be prepared for it?

I have this planned out pretty well so far, so none of that concerns me.

Whether or not Bucks officials are preparing for this or not, their preparation will be futile. There is no preparations they can make that will allow them to prevent what is planned, trust me.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#15 » by Nebula1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:27 pm

I still hope we win. I feel bad for the players if they get embarassed by this.
Matt Foley
Banned User

Post#16 » by Matt Foley » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 pm

why would you feel bad for them.. I hope we show them that we won't stand for craptastic performances anymore
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#17 » by 75totheMACCfund » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:38 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have this planned out pretty well so far, so none of that concerns me.

Whether or not Bucks officials are preparing for this or not, their preparation will be futile. There is no preparations they can make that will allow them to prevent what is planned, trust me.

I can't make it down, but shoot me an email with the details...i'd love to hear about it...

andrewjcary@gmail.com
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#18 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Well, I will be at this game.

Lower level.

My first game since Dec 15th.

I commend you all for your public display of disapproval, but I will not be taking part.

But I do wish you all good luck and am very curious to know exactly what will be taking place.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#19 » by Nebula1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Matt Foley wrote:why would you feel bad for them.. I hope we show them that we won't stand for craptastic performances anymore

Because I'm still in the boat that thinks this team has alot of potential and with patience will come our reward as fans. I do understand why this is happening, but you'll be embarassing the players just as much as Kohl.

And I paid alot of money for good seats to this game because I've never seen Kevin in person so I hope the game is still really good and I hope we win.

With all respects, I just don't think you embarass the guys you're trying to support. We're not Philly or Cleveland. But you guys gotta do what you gotta do and that's fine.
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#20 » by BlueJeep » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Matt Foley wrote:are we gonna do something outside before the game? I bet they step up security looking for paper bags so hide em good in your pants

if we put the bags in our pants, herb might be down the doin the pat downs
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings

Return to Milwaukee Bucks