My Ram Story..

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

My Ram Story.. 

Post#1 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:40 am

I grew up a diehard LA Ram fan. I loved them more than any team and in any sport. ( even the Lakers)

I was always suspect of georgia frontaire's role in the org. and when the she moved the team to St Louis.. it was the final straw.

" the "Death" of her husbad.....writing the Kids out of the front office and taking a bunch of money to go to St. Louis..... I Was threw.

Of course after years of suffering and then the disown.... they go onto win the suberbowl.

Well i am a football fan with no home. I like the Raiders and the Chargers... ( yes I know 2 mortal enemies) <- that is how the move effected me.

My friends and family still follow the Rams... I just cant.... I just cant.
V
Rookie
And1: 176

Post#2 » by V » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:35 am

Ohhhh come on.... Once you are a Ram fan, you are a Ram fan for life. Hell, when we were the worst team in the league, a laughing stock, I stuck by them. But then, they win the superbowl and everyone loved them.

Ram fans always stick together... through Tony Banks, and through Lawrence Phillips... stick together.
Member of Raptors Nation since 1995 and Living in the Moment in 2019 #ThankYouKlo
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:41 pm

Bandwagoner...... lol the rams are the team for me yes the only one
defnite
Senior

Post#4 » by defnite » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:53 pm

lawrence phillips :rofl: he is going to haunt the rams for life.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:21 pm

I am the opposite of a bandwagoner. I jumped off the team when they started to win. :lol:

I was a Ram for Halloween every other year as a kid ( when I was not a laker)

Jack Youngblood was my favorite as a kid..
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
dingodile
Sixth Man
And1: 8
Location: Second Innermost Circle of Hell...a.k.a. Laker Country

Post#6 » by dingodile » Fri Apr 6, 2007 12:09 am

I've been a Rams fan my entire life. My family had season seats from their days in the coliseum until the last game against the Redskins. I was 15 and I was there. It broke my heart. I still have memories of going to the games with my grandfather.

And without a doubt the most surreal moment of my life as a fan came in the 1999 season. I was watching a game at a bar, yelling my heart out in total disbelief, and a stranger from across the room called me a "Bandwagoner".

It was incredible. I never ever believed someone could say that to me as a Rams fan.
"I can tell you my testicles are the same size," he added later. "They haven't shrunk. They're the same and work just the same as they always have." - Barry Bonds disputing allegations of steroid use.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:36 pm

dingodile wrote:I've been a Rams fan my entire life. My family had season seats from their days in the coliseum until the last game against the Redskins. I was 15 and I was there. It broke my heart. I still have memories of going to the games with my grandfather.

And without a doubt the most surreal moment of my life as a fan came in the 1999 season. I was watching a game at a bar, yelling my heart out in total disbelief, and a stranger from across the room called me a "Bandwagoner".

It was incredible. I never ever believed someone could say that to me as a Rams fan.

Sounds familiar..

I went to some games when I was around 12 -14 at the candlestick.. and people would through beer on me. Yell... lambs... and I would sit there proud with my Rams Jacket on.
My dad took me to NY you see a playoffs game against the Giants in the snow..

The Rams were laughing stock of the NFL and I couldnt be prouder being a fan..
LakersRamsDdgrs
Banned User

Post#8 » by LakersRamsDdgrs » Sun May 13, 2007 5:43 pm

I was pretty upset also when they left us for St. Louis, I got over it. I tried the whole Charger thing since they are from So Cal, but it didnt feel right. A few weeks and I forgave them. I have been married to the Rams since 1986 and that was our only spat. :love: This is my love story, errrrr Rams story.

Return to Los Angeles Rams