ImageImageImage

Drew Neitzel

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

mayorhoiberg
Sophomore
And1: 0

Drew Neitzel 

Post#1 » by mayorhoiberg » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Who needs Chalmers when you can get Neitzel!?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 048/SPORTS

Pointless.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Re: Drew Neitzel 

Post#2 » by deeney0 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:57 pm

I like Neitzel a lot, but I'm not confident he's quite NBA material.
mnWI
General Manager
And1: 47

Post#3 » by mnWI » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Timberwolves have already put together a nice summer league roster from the sounds of it. Blake Ahearn, Bryce Taylor and Kaniel Dickens have already been added too, and they are working on another name that will be well received on this board.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#4 » by big3_8_19_21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:13 pm

I hope it's Gary Forbes
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Post#5 » by mayorhoiberg » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Where did you get those other names?
mnWI
General Manager

Post#6 » by mnWI » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:25 pm

mayorhoiberg wrote:Where did you get those other names?

Your namesake.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#7 » by deeney0 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:29 pm

mnWI wrote:Timberwolves have already put together a nice summer league roster from the sounds of it. Blake Ahearn, Bryce Taylor and Kaniel Dickens have already been added too, and they are working on another name that will be well received on this board.

Know if Kam Taylor is gonna be back?
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Post#8 » by mayorhoiberg » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Oh, was it part of the presser?
mnWI
General Manager

Post#9 » by mnWI » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:59 pm

No. I called him today for reasons not relating to the draft or summer league. I recommended a couple of the guys to him a while back.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#10 » by big3_8_19_21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Gary Forbes?...please?...I'm going to keep bringing him up
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#11 » by horaceworthy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:31 pm

mnWI wrote:Timberwolves have already put together a nice summer league roster from the sounds of it. Blake Ahearn, Bryce Taylor and Kaniel Dickens have already been added too, and they are working on another name that will be well received on this board.

We got Bryce Taylor for the summer league team? Excellent, we really are putting an emphasis on perimeter shooting this summer. I'm hoping that Jamont Gordon is the other name.
m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Post#12 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:08 am

I've watched him play a lot of times (I live in Michigan), he could be a Juan Dixon type of player, come off the bench, provide some quick offense. His body is not NBA type though, as much as I love the guy, I see no way he can be a starter in this league or more then 10 MPG type of guy.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#13 » by revprodeji » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Good call MnWi...Hey, have you personally seen much of Pekovic? I know you do not comment much on the wolves moves, but what do you think Miller and Love will add? I am on the positive side of this right now.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,825

Post#14 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:21 pm

Could it be one of the Flowers?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
mnWI
General Manager

Post#15 » by mnWI » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:44 pm

klomp44 wrote:Could it be one of the Flowers?

No, I'm talking about some who has a chance at making the Timberwolves opening day roster rather than someone who might be a last minute invite to the summer league roster. Longar Longar is already on the list, and Jonte will be asked if a couple others pass.

And the trade was a huge steal for Minnesota. Mayo will struggle to beat people off the dribble in the NBA, and with the way this team spaces the floor now, they are just a slasher away from being a very good team. They really need to find someone to take advantage of the newly opened driving lanes though.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#16 » by RTM » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm a student at MSU, and was at every home game this past year, so I got to see Drew up close alot. He has the potential to make an NBA team, because the guy can flat out shoot. I think his ceiling in the NBA would be a 10-15 mpg backup PG who can shoot from anywhere and keep turnovers low. He would benefit most playing alongside a big backcourt defender (Brewer?) and a star who commands a double team (Jefferson?). I can see him being a smaller Gibson type if things go well for him.

Anyways, he's a smart player who's really tough, and I hope he can impress the T-Wolves (or another team) and carve a niche for himself.
delux55
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#17 » by delux55 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:07 pm

THis team has spots to fill so Im sure if he impresses there might be a roster spot for him
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Post#18 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:54 am

mnWI wrote:

And the trade was a huge steal for Minnesota. Mayo will struggle to beat people off the dribble in the NBA, and with the way this team spaces the floor now, they are just a slasher away from being a very good team. They really need to find someone to take advantage of the newly opened driving lanes though.

That's great but what about defense? It doesn't bother you that the Wolves top 2 building blocks don't work together defensively?
mnWI
General Manager

Post#19 » by mnWI » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:17 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
mnWI wrote:

That's great but what about defense? It doesn't bother you that the Wolves top 2 building blocks don't work together defensively?

Pretty quick to jump to conclusions, aren't we? I happen to think Love is a very good man to man defender in the post, and he showed great improvement as a help defender during the last half of the Pac 10 seasons. People don't want to realize this because they don't see Love getting a high number of blocks, but he denies the post very well, uses his body to hold his position, and rotates properly from the help side. A shot-blocker off the bench would be a nice addition, but Love and Jefferson will work out much better than people think.

Also, if you have two guys who can rebound like Love or Jefferson, opposing teams are generally going to be limited to one shot attempt per possession anyway. When you adjust the numbers for pace, Love rebounded the ball at a higher rate than any player in the country including Michael Beasley.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#20 » by deeney0 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:37 pm

I take it John Lucas is who you were talking about? That sounds good to me, he's definitely got a chance to make the team.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves