Rank All 32 QB's

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#41 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:41 pm

Elway=GOAT wrote:I hate both teams, but...Campbell hasnt shown Jack, wtf are you talking about. Homerism at its best. Smith has atleast shown that he has went from worst starting QB in the league to an average one. I expect him to be above average. But Campbell hasnt shown anything yet. Nice couple of games, but could turn out like a Grossman for all we know. Or whatever, yearly random QB with potential who has a average-nice couple of games then falls flat on his face. Take off the glasses.

Well since this thread has been bumped, I'd say Campbell has now shown enough that he will be the best QB out of the 2005 draft. Hes having a good year even with 3/5 of his offensive line banged up. It also doesn't help that his recievers lead the league in drops right now but he still has a respectable compeltion % and a good passer rating for the circumstances hes faced this year.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#42 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:23 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well since this thread has been bumped, I'd say Campbell has now shown enough that he will be the best QB out of the 2005 draft. Hes having a good year even with 3/5 of his offensive line banged up. It also doesn't help that his recievers lead the league in drops right now but he still has a respectable compeltion % and a good passer rating for the circumstances hes faced this year.

You know what, since I posted that, I have been impressed. I dont think he is a top 10 QB at the moment. But he definatly, has been playing well. Especially when you compare him to most of the other QB's drafted in the last few years.

I still dont think he will ever be a superstar. But definatly, if he keeps up what he is doing, making a few pro bowls, and having a very nice career. Good enough of a pocket QB that he could win a ring at some point. After Brady and Manning are washed up of course.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#43 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Campbell is a hard working, modest guy who will keep getting better. Heres a good article from an ESPN guy who reviewed Campbells game tape to see how hes doing:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/ ... %3d3057642

After watching Washington QB Jason Campbell over the past few weeks I wanted to go back into the film room and really break him down. What I saw after looking at tapes is that he is rapidly developing into one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL.

That statement is tough to back up statistically because Campbell has just 198 completions in 357 attempts (55 percent completion percentage) in his career. He's thrown 15 TD passes, 10 interceptions and posted a QB rating of 78.5 in less than a year as a full-time starter. This season, he has thrown five touchdowns to four interceptions, which are not exactly numbers that make you say "wow." But consider he plays in a run-first offense and head coach Joe Gibbs would like to run the ball 35 or more times per game. That does not lend itself to gaudy numbers from the QB position.

However, what does make you say "wow" is how quickly he has picked up the Washington offense. Offensive coordinator Al Saunders has one of the most extensive playbooks in the NFL and Campbell is leaps and bounds ahead of where he was last season. I talked to an offensive coach in Washington who told me how Campbell was the first one in and the last one out of the building all offseason and it is starting to pay dividends on the field.

At 6-foot-5, 230 pounds, Campbell has excellent size for the position and while he looks like a big pocket passer, he has very good mobility and can make plays inside and outside the pocket. He is smooth in his movements and can throw on the move with very little wasted motion in his timing and release.

He has also developed a feel for pressure as well. In the Green Bay game on Sunday, there were numerous occasions where he had back side blitz pressure which he did not see it, but he felt and was able to step up and deliver a solid strike. Some young QBs do not have a feel for pressure and will step the wrong way, but not Campbell. Of all the pressures I saw on Campbell there was only one occasion where he stepped towards the pressure rather then up or away from it. That can be a hard aspect of the game for a young QB to learn.

Campbell also has an outstanding arm and can make all the throws in Saunders' offense. When I say all the throws, I mean that he can zip the out route, zip it into the deep curls, throw the comeback route with excellent accuracy and he even throws a beautiful deep ball. Those are all tough throws to make, but Campbell can make them all.

One area Campbell has really developed his game is his touch on passes. His touch and accuracy on the short to underneath routes is much better than it was last season. Statistically this is tough to see in the numbers, but he has been riddled with a ton of drops by his receivers. On Sunday, Campbell threw 16 incomplete passes, but six were drops by his receivers, another two that were questionable and one that went off his receiver's hands for an interception. On some of those throws, which were in the short to intermediate passing zones, Campbell did an excellent job of taking something off the ball or leading his receiver to allow him to make a play after the catch. He has learned to fit the ball between the LB and the safety, like he did in Week 6 on two throws to TE Chris Cooley. Plus, his deep ball accuracy is much better as seen by the throw he put right on the hands of WR Santana Moss that Moss dropped.

Campbell has always been a solid passer, but what was most impressive on tape was his development of understanding defenses. His field vision and awareness are leaps and bounds above where they were last season. Plus, he is much quicker with his progression, which helps the ball gets out of his hand on time.

Campbell does not get the accolades of some of the other young quarterbacks in the NFL because the numbers are not going to be there in a Gibbs-coached offense. However, when you break him down, he is every bit as solid as other QBs around the NFL with similar starting experience. Campbell is good enough to carry this team to the playoffs. Now he just needs the coaching staff to allow him to do it and a little help from the guys around him who need to start holding onto the football. Time will tell, but Campbell is quickly emerging into a solid starting QB in the NFL.

I think by next year Campbell will be good enough to be in the discussions of the top 10 QB's in the league. This is something I don't think is too hard to achieve for him. After Brady, Manning and Palmer the drop off is quite significant.

I think Campbell will be a Matt Hassleback type player. A good QB who can make most of the throws and lead his team to victories. Never great but a consistently good player.
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#44 » by thierry » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:03 am

Elway=GOAT wrote:Not really, he was decent. Nothing special, I would by no means call what he did playing well. He is still top 10, but he seems to be slipping.

Wow, he didn't play well? He played great until the team was put into a 14 point deficit, and he threw that interception that didn't even matter. He gets no love for playing good, but when he has one bad game everyones on his nuts.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Re: Rank All 32 QB's 

Post#45 » by Miller4ever » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:26 am

I was thinking that if we are considering playoff play, shouldn't Brady be ranked slightly lower due to the fact that he is playing with the best receiver corps ever and that he lost a game to the Giants?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,082
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#46 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:00 am

Best receiving corps ever? that's quite a stretch, even Manning has had better Receiving groups...(and yes, I think Peyton is better).

I always did like Jason Campbell, I never felt like he would be elite, but he always seemed really solid all the way around, and he doesn't get crazy and try and force things.

I wasn't a big fan of the pick at the time, but after I watched him, I really like what I see in him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#47 » by studcrackers » Sat Jul 5, 2008 1:50 am

i was impressed w/campbell last year when he played dallas, only real mistake he made was when he got intercepted by terrence newman to put away the game
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
cowboys4life
Junior

Post#48 » by cowboys4life » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:26 pm

1.Peyton Manning
2.Tom Brady
3.Carson Palmer
4..Donovan McNabb
5.Drew Brees
6.Tony Romo
7.Matt Hasselbeck
8.Brett Favre
9.Big Ben
10.Marc Bulger
11.David Garrard
12.Phillip Rivers
13.Eli Manning
14.Vince Young
15.Derick Anderson
16.Jay Cutler
17.Jason Campbell
18.Matt Linart
19.Jeff Garcia
20.Jon Kitna
21.Jake Delhomme
22.Alex Smith
23.Matt Schaub
24.Trent Edwards
25.Jamrcus Russell
26.Kellen Clemens
27.Tavaris Jackson
28.Rex Grossman
29.Damon Huard
30.Matt Ryan
31.Joe FLacco
32.Chad Henne
Trust The Process
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#49 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:47 am

Miller4ever wrote:I was thinking that if we are considering playoff play, shouldn't Brady be ranked slightly lower due to the fact that he is playing with the best receiver corps ever and that he lost a game to the Giants?

Perhaps since the previous post to yours was in October of 2007 and that SB didnt happen until 4 months later, I'd assume they didnt take that into account.

I do love when old topics get bumped though, it always seems to turn out interesting when silly things were said.

Heres an example
CBS7 wrote:I hope people who are putting Grossman at or near the bottom will be surprised. Plain and simple, if he doesn't screw up he's got the potential to be top 10 easily. Huge if, though.

Then again, that was funny when it was posted originally.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#50 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:51 am

cowboys4life wrote:1.Peyton Manning
2.Tom Brady
3.Carson Palmer
4..Donovan McNabb
5.Drew Brees
6.Tony Romo
7.Matt Hasselbeck
8.Brett Favre
9.Big Ben
10.Marc Bulger
11.David Garrard
12.Phillip Rivers
13.Eli Manning
14.Vince Young
15.Derick Anderson
16.Jay Cutler
17.Jason Campbell
18.Matt Linart
19.Jeff Garcia
20.Jon Kitna
21.Jake Delhomme
22.Alex Smith
23.Matt Schaub
24.Trent Edwards
25.Jamrcus Russell
26.Kellen Clemens
27.Tavaris Jackson
28.Rex Grossman
29.Damon Huard
30.Matt Ryan
31.Joe FLacco
32.Chad Henne

Theres numerous issues here, first one being, how in the world is Donna McNabb 4th??
Another being that Kellen Clemens, Damon Huard and Chad Henne arent starters, (And a few others like Flacco and Ryan have yet to be determined as starters. Though I suppose theyre ranked so low that doesnt matter much)
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#51 » by HarlemHeat37 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 1:05 pm

LOL @ Cutler being 16th..he's easily better than everybody ahead of him on that list until Rothlisberger..
Reks
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#52 » by Reks » Sun Sep 7, 2008 4:29 pm

I dont think that Jay Cutler is better than Derek Anderson or Eli Manning. But he is better than Rivers, Bulger, and Young.
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#53 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Derek Anderson isn't even on Cutler's level..

Eli is a toss-up..

if Jay stays healthy, I don't really see how he won't be in the top 6-7 QB's in the NFL..

Brady and Manning will obviously be ahead..Romo probably will..Brees and McNabb will be a toss-up..
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:45 am

LOL, Brees is WAY better than Romo and Cutler. come on.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#55 » by Elway=GOAT » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:04 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:LOL, Brees is WAY better than Romo and Cutler. come on.

Whats so laughable? I agree Brees is a better QB. But to suggest that he is WAY better is laughable imo. He is one of the best protected QB's in the league the last few years. With only Mannning being pressured less than him the last few years(Iceness posted that stat). Brees is in a QB's wet dream, the guy has great pass protection, and he can throw the ball around at will.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#56 » by studcrackers » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:38 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:LOL, Brees is WAY better than Romo and Cutler. come on.

what the hell makes brees so much better then romo? if u bring up that NO game from 2 years ago i will drive to nawlins and slap you
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:00 am

He is a more accurate passer, and makes much better decisions with the football, he's not as mobile, but he's better at avoiding sacks and delivering the ball than just about anyone. Romo is a gun slinger with a ton of weapons.

Elway=Goat: Brees is decently protected, pass protection is the strength of our line, but it is highly overrated really, you'll see next week, he's just brilliant at avoiding sacks. I love Brown and Evans, but the rest can all be upgraded, stinchcomb just blows, Nesbit is average, and Goodwin is only decent as a run blocker and terrible in the passing game. He feels pressure as well as anyone, it kinda sucks too, they won't address the offensive line as long as Drew isn't taking a beating, and he's not because he gets it out quick and avoids sacks. Take special notice this week, you'll see what I mean.

Brees can be thrown out there with Terrence Copper, Devery Henderson, and Mark Campbell as his TE and carry the offense on his back because he's an outstanding decision maker and he's deadly accurate. Tony Romo would get smashed on the Saints teams. Cutler is really good, but he's not ready for what Brees does. He broke the completion record for a season by 22, and threw for 67.5% with our offense banged up last year.

Drew Brees is a quarterback that can thrive even without stud receivers. I want to see Romo play 4-5 weeks without Owens and Witten and see how he looks.

Also, Brees can win in the playoffs, not just that, he raises his level of play, not crumbles under pressure.

So I ask you, why isn't he that much better than Romo?
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#58 » by CBS7 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 am

32. Tarvaris Jackson
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#59 » by Ayt » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:08 pm

I wonder what the impression of Rodgers will be after this season moves along. He's looked outstanding so far.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#60 » by Icness » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:42 am

Shameless bump to the present...
The 32 QBs starting Week 11 in 2008, rated as of right now, not what they will be next year or anytime down the road:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Brees
3. Kurt Warner
4. Eli Manning
5. McNabb
6. Rivers
7. Romo, assuming he starts
8. Cutler
9. Roethlisberger, assuming he snaps out of his funk soon
10. Delhomme
11. Favre
12. Matt Ryan
13. Campbell
14. Garrard
15. Cassell
16. Kerry Collins
17. Orton
18. Rodgers
19. Garcia
20. Pennington
21. Flacco
22. Edwards
23. Thigpen
24. Quinn
25. Bulger
26. Frerotte, but TJax would be last
27. Rosenfels
28. Seneca Wallace
29. Culpepper
30. Hill, but Smith would be last
31. Russell, or Walter, whomever starts in OAK
32. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Really IMO there isn't much of a difference between #10 and #20; you could ordinate those pretty much any way you wanted and I wouldn't argue. And down to Frerotte I think any of those QBs are good enough to lead a good team to a good record. If I weighed future potential in with it, some of the youngsters would be higher and I would drop Warner, McNabb, Collins.

I tend to think there is better QB talent in the league than most people. I think there are lots of guys who just need to be given a real legit chance. Look at Orton and Thigpen and what they're doing, and I think Brady Quinn will join them on the way up very soon. Romo and Bulger were that way once, so were Brees, Schaub, and Cassell.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Player Comparisons