Will Durant stay with Sonics now?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: Will Durant stay with Sonics now? 

Post#21 » by farzi » Thu Jul 3, 2008 12:48 pm

Presti should trade Durant, Green, and Westbrook to Portland For Lafrentz and Diogu, quit his job, and become assistant GM here.

Then the whole NW can join together and celebrate how much better we are than the rest of the country.

I may be a Blazer fan, but I'm a Washingtonian as well (Vancouver, just north of Portland), and this whole situation blows.

I am so, so sorry for you guys :(
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#22 » by Sinobas » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:08 pm

Will any of you Sonic fans cheer for Portland? Many football fans in Oregon cheer for the Seahawks.

We're going to be a dynasty!
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 10,443

Post#23 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:24 pm

Kevin Durant is going head back to his hometown. Hey, I know its not going to happen but I can always dream.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Hardzy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Hardzy » Sat Jul 5, 2008 5:28 am

As much as I think of supporting the blazers I think it would be too painful.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#25 » by Sweezo » Sat Jul 5, 2008 7:46 am

Sinobas wrote:Will any of you Sonic fans cheer for Portland? Many football fans in Oregon cheer for the Seahawks.

I would cheer for the Blazers...if it weren't for the fact that I'm extremely disenchanted with how the NBA works right now. Blazers are basically the local team now, and I no problem supporting teams from Oregon (I do have an Aaron Brooks jersey after all).
BenjaminH
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by BenjaminH » Sat Jul 5, 2008 4:55 pm

I will definitely follow the Blazers. They are a very exciting team to follow nowadays. But I would not consider myself a "Blazer fan" - at least no more so a fan of the Blazers than I am of about a dozen other teams.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#27 » by Bulltalk » Sat Jul 5, 2008 6:41 pm

Sweezo wrote:
Sinobas wrote:Will any of you Sonic fans cheer for Portland? Many football fans in Oregon cheer for the Seahawks.

I would cheer for the Blazers...if it weren't for the fact that I'm extremely disenchanted with how the NBA works right now. Blazers are basically the local team now, and I no problem supporting teams from Oregon (I do have an Aaron Brooks jersey after all).

I'm with you Sweezo about having a real sour taste in my mouth about Stern and the NBA. I'm a diehard Mariners and Seahawks fan, but the Sonics were my #2 team behind the Bulls, the city of my birth. Still, I'm so disgusted by the way we were treated by the NBA out here, by Schultz, and by the inability of our politicians to stand up for our city that I don't know if I'll ever look at the NBA the same way again.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
HeavyP
Starter

Post#28 » by HeavyP » Sat Jul 5, 2008 7:05 pm

I already follow the Blazers. I read there board everyday but since I don't know anyone I RARELY post there. This has nothing to do with proximity but the fact that they have Paul Allen, Kevin Pritchard, Greg Oden (who is HILARIOUS), Brandon Roy (go dawgs), and my favorite Sonic Nate Mcmillian.

But I will never be the NBA fan I was, I'll stick mostly to college ball and high school.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by Ex-hippie » Sun Jul 6, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm sorry but I just can't. I'm a lot more favorably inclined towards Portland and its fans than I used to be, in part because of the many fine Blazer fans who have posted on realgm (here and on the Seahawks and Mariners forums), but I've had it with the NBA.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#30 » by jenn_gp » Sun Jul 6, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm still in F the NBA mode and will be for quite some time.

Plus, I just can't see myself suddenly rooting for the Blazers when I've been trained most of my life to not like them. Even if Mr. Sonic, B-Roy, and Martell Webster is on the team.

That I-5 Rivalry is biting me in the ass now.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball