ImageImageImage

Adidas Predicted that Lakers will win instead of the Celtics

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

afterdark
Sophomore
And1: 0

Adidas Predicted that Lakers will win instead of the Celtics 

Post#1 » by afterdark » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Well, I got my first Celtics Championship T-Shirt in Adidas Hong Kong last week. Guess what... from the tag that I removed, I found that originally Adidas had prepared for White/Purple T-Shirt instead of Grey/Green. I am very sure that Adidas also predicted the Lakers to win over our Celtics and prepared for all the t-shirts and labels in advance.

You can see the t-shirts and labels from my blog:

http://livinginhongkongchina.blogspot.com/2008/07/adidas-also-predicted-that-lakers-will.html
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Re: Adidas Predicted that Lakers will win instead of the Celtics 

Post#2 » by canman1971 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:38 pm

They actually make t-shirts for both to be ready for who wins. I'm guessing they make only so many tags and had extras and rather than make new ones and waste money, they just used what they had already made. Pretty funny though that you noticed it.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#3 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Yeah they make them for both. I remember watching this thing on how all the pats perfections shirts, after being spoiled, were sent to children.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#4 » by campybatman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:21 am

Does anyone know why the color gray is used...? I mean the Celtics' primary colors are green and white and I believe their old warm-ups added yellow and the alternatives add black and what looks like gold for the St. Patrick's one. But, where did the idea to add gray come from? The whole time I'm sitting watching the TV thinking that looks out of place and I don't like the inclusion. It reminds me of the Patriots having gray (or is that silver) as a dominate color in their alternative.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,739

Post#5 » by meatball sub » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 am

bonsaiflipflops wrote:Does anyone know why the color gray is used...? I mean the Celtics' primary colors are green and white and I believe their old warm-ups added yellow and the alternatives add black and what looks like gold for the St. Patrick's one. But, where did the idea to add gray come from? The whole time I'm sitting watching the TV thinking that looks out of place and I don't like the inclusion. It reminds me of the Patriots having gray (or is that silver) as a dominate color in their alternative.

Good question, I've always wondered that too. Maybe because gray is such a neutral color they figure it's the best choice. I know my dad has never liked wearing white t-shirts and really only wears gray ones. During the Bulls dynasty the championship shirts with caricatures of the entire team on them were sold in white. I don't remember when they switched to gray though.

Return to Boston Celtics