ImageImageImage

OT: Pierce on Best Damn

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

torres213
Freshman
And1: 0

OT: Pierce on Best Damn 

Post#1 » by torres213 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:33 am

Heat fan here from the MIAMI board,....i dnt mean to troll or be nagtive here, so my apologies for any misunderstanding, but I noticed how PP commented on the whole "fake injury" thing in Game 1, now dont wrry, im glad u guys won nd happy for KG, Ray, PJ, all of em....but he joked about somethin reffered to as a "script", talkin bout how ratings were the lowest theve been in a long time, nd the original plan was to have fans carry him....now I KNOW he fakd it, but if this whole thing was "planned", im really worried bout the integrity of the game nd its future..

If he was messin around i get it, but if not, not too smart for him to be talkin like that the summer that Donaghy is sentenced to 15 mnths and press is eatin into Sterns neck for stuuf like that...oh well ive never really been a fan of PP anyways but jus wanted ur thoughts_?
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Re: OT: Pierce on Best Damn 

Post#2 » by ParticleMan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 am

dude Pierce is about the biggest jokester on the team. i'm pretty sure he was kidding. this is a guy who came back from being stabbed within inches of his life to play a full 82 games the next season. he is not a guy to fake injuries.
torres213
Freshman

Post#3 » by torres213 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 am

Well see, I wouldnt know if he is or not, cuz i dnt follow him at all....nd that stabbing thing is pride worthy no doubt, but i just dnt see the need to be the "jokester" that he is nd talk bout somethin that slightly defaces the value and authenticity of the game...

Now u cant tell me that him talkin about a "planned" injury in a Lakers-Celtics finals game, the same time that a gamblin-proned ref gets jail time for riggin games, is the best time to be "A JOKSTER"?, stabbed or not...hed be lucky if no one else points this stuff out against him or Stern.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#4 » by ParticleMan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:58 am

yawn. it's Best Damn. anyone who takes that show seriously needs to get a life.
torres213
Freshman

Post#5 » by torres213 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

Not taken it seriously at all, they actually had Miami king Uncle Luke on so i def had a laugh or two, just thought it could produce some good conversation for the time being...
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#6 » by meatball sub » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:35 am

:rofl:
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#7 » by Scalamental » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:46 am

ParticleMan wrote:yawn. it's Best Damn. anyone who takes that show seriously needs to get a life.

+1
Collinto
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#8 » by Collinto » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:52 am

Dumb people are out breeding smart people at an alarming rate...
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#9 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:57 am

Dumb people have been known to breed smart people, but I wouldn't say that it happens at an especially alarming rate.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#10 » by Cyclical » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:52 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Dumb people have been known to breed smart people, but I wouldn't say that it happens at an especially alarming rate.

Hilarious. I'm pretty sure he meant out-breeding, as in breeding more, not people are out there, breeding... :rofl:

Re the OP, Pierce was joking. Even if a player would consider stooping that low and somehow orchestrating such a debacle he would never admit to it to the public. Doesn't take much to see that it's just a little sarcasm on a light enertainment show. That's all.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#11 » by Tricky Ricky » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You mean to tell me you didnt know about the script LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. If he faked an injury do you really think hed go out and say he faked it and joked about it LOLOLOL
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#12 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Collinto wrote:Dumb people are out breeding smart people at an alarming rate...

:nod:

torres213 wrote:Heat fan here from the MIAMI board,....i dnt mean to troll or be nagtive here, so my apologies for any misunderstanding, but I noticed how PP commented on the whole "fake injury" thing in Game 1, now dont wrry, im glad u guys won nd happy for KG, Ray, PJ, all of em....but he joked about somethin reffered to as a "script", talkin bout how ratings were the lowest theve been in a long time, nd the original plan was to have fans carry him....now I KNOW he fakd it, but if this whole thing was "planned", im really worried bout the integrity of the game nd its future..

If he was messin around i get it, but if not, not too smart for him to be talkin like that the summer that Donaghy is sentenced to 15 mnths and press is eatin into Sterns neck for stuuf like that...oh well ive never really been a fan of PP anyways but jus wanted ur thoughts_?

You are and can't spell, respectively...

ParticleMan wrote:yawn. it's Best Damn. anyone who takes that show seriously needs to get a life.

:nod:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Collinto
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#13 » by Collinto » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Dumb people have been known to breed smart people, but I wouldn't say that it happens at an especially alarming rate.

This is either sarcasm or evidence.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Athanacropolis » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:42 pm

LucerneStDoggz wrote:OMGz! The OP just made me HATE Paul Pierce!! Toronto 09 champs!! Roko Leni Ukic 4 ROY!!

*jumps off a bridge*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thread right here.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#15 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:48 pm

LucerneStDoggz wrote:OMGz! The OP just made me HATE Paul Pierce!! Toronto 09 champs!! Roko Leni Ukic 4 ROY!!

*jumps off a bridge*

QFT
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#16 » by Big Baby » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:27 am

The OP neds to go ut nd by hmslf some vowels. (OMG! It's contagious!)
EdSkae
Senior

Post#17 » by EdSkae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:52 am

Hey Haters! Hey Haters!
PP can say and do whatever he wants. Because he is the finals MVP. He led the greatest franchise in NBA history to it's 17th title. As a finals MVP for the Boston Celtics he has carved his name in NBA history forever. He will someday have his jersey number hang in the rafters next to the 2008 championship banner. In my opinion it does not get any better for a basketball player. Then winning a championship with the Boston Celtics and having your number retired by the Boston Celtics. He said he thinks he is the best player in the league right now and I agree. On the team he is on with KG, Ray and the rest. PP is the best player in the NBA. Not the most talented but the best. The two plays that stand out for me are PP going to the floor to beat Lebron to a key loose ball in the 4th quarter of game 7 & PP blocking Kobe to start the comeback from 24 down in game 4.
Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#18 » by Big Baby » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:03 am

EdSkae wrote:Hey Haters! Hey Haters!
PP can say and do whatever he wants. Because he is the finals MVP. He led the greatest franchise in NBA history to it's 17th title. As a finals MVP for the Boston Celtics he has carved his name in NBA history forever. He will someday have his jersey number hang in the rafters next to the 2008 championship banner. In my opinion it does not get any better for a basketball player. Then winning a championship with the Boston Celtics and having your number retired by the Boston Celtics. He said he thinks he is the best player in the league right now and I agree. On the team he is on with KG, Ray and the rest. PP is the best player in the NBA. Not the most talented but the best. The two plays that stand out for me are PP going to the floor to beat Lebron to a key loose ball in the 4th quarter of game 7 & PP blocking Kobe to start the comeback from 24 down in game 4.

For the greatest offensive player in the Celtics history, those two hustle plays will forever define his legacy and remind the fans that Pierce wasn't just a scorer. He did EVERYTHING he could just to win.

Personally, I don't believe that Pierce is the best in the world. But he sure is better than Kobe and proved it by completely outplaying him in the Finals. It's no accident that Pierce consistently drops 30-40 points against the once-alleged rapist.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#19 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:22 am

Collinto wrote:

Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#20 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 4:03 pm

Pierce also made the game winning block in Game 2 of the NBA Finals

And the back-to-back 3s after the sprained MCL in Game 1 of the NBA Finals

Return to Boston Celtics