Spicing Up These Boards

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Spicing Up These Boards 

Post#1 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:13 am

Hey Gang,

I'm a budding Flyers fan, looking to add hockey to my debilitating love of the NBA (Pacers), MLB (Yankees) and NFL (Eagles)...

I've been a mod for the Indiana (NBA) and Philadelphia (NFL) forums for years, so I was looking to bring some life to this board...

Let's Go Flyers, Let's Go!
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
APerna
Editor

Re: Spicing Up These Boards 

Post#2 » by APerna » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:03 pm

People are viewing this thread, but why isn't anyone posting!
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Snayr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 pm

There are views because people see activity on the hockey board and we go to see what it's about :P We're usually not even fans of the team, but just the fact that there is some activity on the board we're curious as to what it is about! Hopefully things pickup for the Hockey side of things though, it's hard being the only one posting anything anywhere...
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
APerna
Editor

Post#4 » by APerna » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:47 pm

This board is still asleep.
+ PF
APerna
Editor

Post#5 » by APerna » Mon Aug 4, 2008 5:05 pm

Nothing will work...I'll try again once the season starts.
+ PF
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Snayr » Wed Aug 6, 2008 4:29 pm

Good luck.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#7 » by timd1218 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 am

Well.

First I must say, I'm sorry you are a Flyers fan. 2nd, nice choice on the NBA team. I am a Troy Murphy fan. And last, the Philly board hasn't been a noisy board since it has opened. Maybe because it wasn't updated, but it never was. If you keep it updated, I will come over and join the chat. I keep updates on the team I hate most, so I will be able to talk some Cryers hockey with you.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
APerna
Editor

Post#8 » by APerna » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Haha, thanks timd1218.

I actually have a friend that was a life-long Flyers fan, but left for the Pens when Crosby was drafted. How f'd up is that?
+ PF
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#9 » by timd1218 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:36 pm

PacerPerspective wrote:Haha, thanks timd1218.

I actually have a friend that was a life-long Flyers fan, but left for the Pens when Crosby was drafted. How f'd up is that?

Wow.

That is unheard of. I thought for sure every Flyer fan would hate the Pens much more with the drafting of Crosby and not jumping ships.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
APerna
Editor

Post#10 » by APerna » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:57 pm

timd1218 wrote:Wow.

That is unheard of. I thought for sure every Flyer fan would hate the Pens much more with the drafting of Crosby and not jumping ships.

I thought the same thing, so I give him crap to no end.
+ PF
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,818

Post#11 » by Phila Tough » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 am

APerna wrote:
timd1218 wrote:Wow.

I thought the same thing, so I give him crap to no end.

After watching the NHL Playoffs last season, I've gotten interested in following hockey. I'm from Philadelphia, do I choose them as my favorite team or is that a death wish? It feels good to have a choice lol. I was born into being a 76ers and Eagles fan.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#12 » by the_process » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 am

Wondering if the Flyers are going to be relevant again in my lifetime...
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#13 » by the_process » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:19 am

Well, they got the 1 seed this year and went to 7 in the 2nd round... so progress. They really need a top end scorer, they have the young pieces to deal for one, too.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#14 » by TNBT » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:29 am

I’d love to see this board be more active as well. I have the Blackhawks listed as my team because I’m the Mod of the Hawks forum, but I follow a handful of teams. The Hawks, Wings, Flyers, Bruins, Rangers, Caps... I support/like all of them. In fact, there’s only a handful of teams that I genuinely dislike. So I’d love to see all the hockey boards here become more active so that I can chat about team that I like. As much as I like a lot of different hockey teams, I’m a fan of Chicago and Philly sports as a whole, so I’m going to be more active on the Sixers, Eagles and Phillies boards too. Hope to see you guys there.

Return to Philadelphia Flyers