ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#1 » by Scott Carefoot » Sat Aug 9, 2008 12:54 pm

I haven't been able to watch enough of the Olympic exhibition games to judge this comment, but I assume some of you have. Here's what Lakers blog Forum Blue and Gold has to say about Chris Bosh's performance so far in Beijing:

C. Bosh: Nancy, first class nancy. Doesn’t rebound well against big men, doesn’t finish around the rim (no jumping ability and small hands) and isn’t hitting his outside shot. I’m not sure how many times he is going to drop a perfect pass before Coach K goes with Boozer over Bosh. I hate Bosh and hate him even more because Chandler should be on the team, not him. To boot, he sucks on defense and makes terrible decisions on the pick and roll (consistently gets screened and then guards no one as his guy rolls to the basket forcing the other players to rotate, leaving someone open). The only positive thing I have to say about Bosh is that he hits his free throws, unlike the rest of the team. I’m telling you right now, if Bosh gets major minutes once the elimination games start, we will lose.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#2 » by Rooster » Sat Aug 9, 2008 12:55 pm

"Christina" would've been more clever.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#3 » by rdtx2005 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 12:57 pm

Lakers forum blog................... that is all i need to say

and he Hates Bosh because an injured player can't play... there goes credibility.. he is just a hater
jaymeister15
RealGM
And1: 1,072

Post#4 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 12:58 pm

well, he has no obvious reason to be bias against bosh. So, personally, having not watched much of Team USA so far, I would take his opinion as closer to fact than any of the opinions from this board.

edit: reading through rest of the players, it seems to be a prety fair assessment without much bias (i.e. pointing out several flaws with the way Kobe has been playing).
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#5 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Aug 9, 2008 1:11 pm

rdtx, you don't have to take his opinion as gospel, but you can just disagree, without labeling him a hater. I have a higher opinion of bosh than this guy does, but I'm not so insecure that I have to look for reason to write off the source.
Ka5p3r
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Ka5p3r » Sat Aug 9, 2008 1:12 pm

how would chandler be a better player...bosh is a franchise player, AND...the USA team isnt really using bosh properly like the raptors do, and they cant, in toronto he would he the ball to post up for the turnaround midranged...but in teamUSA he cant do that since he's filling in the C position...but he's definately more agile in it. And why just tlka about cris bosh...redd and prince are in the same level described...kinda...and jason kid doesnt generate points.

he's a hater...-__-"
we could say the same thing about their pao gasol...=\
jaymeister15
RealGM

Post#7 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 1:16 pm

Ka5p3r wrote:how would chandler be a better player...bosh is a franchise player, AND...the USA team isnt really using bosh properly like the raptors do, and they cant, in toronto he would he the ball to post up for the turnaround midranged...but in teamUSA he cant do that since he's filling in the C position...but he's definately more agile in it. And why just tlka about cris bosh...redd and prince are in the same level described...kinda...and jason kid doesnt generate points.

he's a hater...-__-"
we could say the same thing about their pao gasol...=\

All he is saying is that Chandler may be a better fit, not that he's a better player than Bosh.

You just said yourself that the USA can't use Bosh the same way Toronto does, based on their other players.

Also, why don't you actually read the article, he went through every player, not just Bosh.
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 810

Post#8 » by random_hero891 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 1:16 pm

Pretty weak article overall, he more or less just bitches and cries at every big man while mentioning some other play...Chowler? Chazler? oh wait: Chandler. You know, the one he mentioned half a dozen times while covering other bigs.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#9 » by bakafool » Sat Aug 9, 2008 1:41 pm

Lakers biatches still got their panties wet after that beatdown by the Celtics. Probably why they're so irritable.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#10 » by ImissJordan » Sat Aug 9, 2008 1:46 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:well, he has no obvious reason to be bias against bosh. So, personally, having not watched much of Team USA so far, I would take his opinion as closer to fact than any of the opinions from this board.

edit: reading through rest of the players, it seems to be a prety fair assessment without much bias (i.e. pointing out several flaws with the way Kobe has been playing).

A lot of his points may be valid, but he does say in the article that he hates Bosh, so perhaps he is somewhat biased towards him (he seems to have a pretty big hard-on for Tyson Chandler).

Frankly, I don't think Bosh can really excel in a tournament like this, but I like him on Team U.S.A. for several reasons:

1) It gives me an opportunity to watch him play.
2) I'd like to see Chris earn a gold medal.
3) I think it helps him work on the other aspects of his game.
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#11 » by Marvin! » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:31 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:well, he has no obvious reason to be bias against bosh. So, personally, having not watched much of Team USA so far, I would take his opinion as closer to fact than any of the opinions from this board.

thank god i figured out how to use the ignore list again...
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,611

Post#12 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:34 pm

Marvin! wrote:

thank god i figured out how to use the ignore list again...

You're clearly just a homer of course.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#13 » by Marvin! » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:38 pm

naturally...
jaymeister15
RealGM

Post#14 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:41 pm

Instead of the attacks at me as a poster, why don't you guys just state which parts of the blog/my post you disagree with?

Judging by your responses, it seems you have been keeping a close eye on Boshs play in the exhibition games (which I have admittedly not been), so I would be interested to hear what aspects of the evaluation by the author of the blog were off base.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,611

Post#15 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:46 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:Instead of the attacks at me as a poster, why don't you guys just state which parts of the blog/my post you disagree with?

The defense comments, in particular, disagree with not only me (but really, I'm no better than this guy, and apparently super biased) but also Jack Armstrong, Leo, Coach K, and Chris Sheridan (or Chad Ford, I forget).

The offense comments also don't jive with everyone who's been repeatedly writing that Bosh is perfect for the international game. But I'm sure someone posting on that Lakers messageboard knows more than everyone else, and obviously is the best source since even though he's a self professed "hater" of Chris Bosh, he isn't biased.

How about we start there.

Hey, and maybe in the future you'll stop repeatedly dismissing everyone on this board as just being biased, but I doubt it. Since that's where 90% of your posts for the past year have ended up.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Luv 4 da game
Assistant Coach
And1: 275

Post#16 » by Luv 4 da game » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:48 pm

Marvin! wrote:thank god i figured out how to use the ignore list again...

There is a ignore list ? I am in dire need to know how it works, please do share.
I Breathe Raptors Basketball
Respect
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#17 » by Respect » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:52 pm

THe article is clearly over exaggerated, but there is some truth to what was written. My asessment is that the blogger is 25% on the ball regarding CB4. However, one could be just as critical about every player on Team USA (including Kobe or LBJ) when they play in such a format that takes them out of their "normal" role. Heck, Coach K seemed to be critical Dwight Howard a couple of games back & praised Bosh for his type of game.

In other words, take it all with a grain of salt.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#18 » by Scott Carefoot » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:53 pm

It seems weird that a Lakers fan would "hate" Bosh since he's essentially on the same level as Pau Gasol. I have a feeling he doesn't hate Gasol.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#19 » by The Flying Gent » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:53 pm

No, but he is a dandy.
jaymeister15
RealGM

Post#20 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:56 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
jaymeister15 wrote:Instead of the attacks at me as a poster, why don't you guys just state which parts of the blog/my post you disagree with?

The defense comments, in particular, disagree with not only me (but really, I'm no better than this guy, and apparently super biased) but also Jack Armstrong, Leo, Coach K, and Chris Sheridan (or Chad Ford, I forget).

The offense comments also don't jive with everyone who's been repeatedly writing that Bosh is perfect for the international game. But I'm sure someone posting on that Lakers messageboard knows more than everyone else, and obviously is the best source since even though he's a self professed "hater" of Chris Bosh, he isn't biased.

How about we start there.

My interpretation was that he hates Bosh because of the way hes been playing (which could be wrong).

I did see Coach Ks comments, but I take those with a grain of salt because A) it seemed like he was saying them partly to send a message to Dwight B) He obviously isnt going to say anything negative about his players, and it was reported he went out of his way to praised Bosh because of all the attention the other players were getting and C) Bosh's playing time in the next game did not increase at all

The other comments I have not read/heard, as I haven't beeen following the team closely at all.

I never said I was taking this guys assesment as the 100% truth (or over guys like Ford or Leo, who if I'm not mistaken, you have repeatedly said how useless they both are as basketball "experts" btw) only that I would take it over posters on this board because he doesn't appear to have any reason to write an unfairly negative description of Bosh's play (again, keeping in mind, that my interpretation was that he "hated" Bosh because of how he was playing for Team USA, and it wasn't a pre-existing "hate")

Return to Toronto Raptors