ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#61 » by sh00n » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:35 pm

Maximillion wrote:
jaymeister15 wrote:I would still take a bloggers opinion (who is a fan of another team, specifically one that has no rivarly with Toronto) on a Raptor players performance during a set of games over a Raptor fan's.

You're a fan of VC and the Raptors (supposedly), so going by your judgement your opinion must be the most meaningless.

How does that make any sense?
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
jaymeister15
RealGM
And1: 1,072

Post#62 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:39 pm

Maximillion wrote:
jaymeister15 wrote:I would still take a bloggers opinion (who is a fan of another team, specifically one that has no rivarly with Toronto) on a Raptor players performance during a set of games over a Raptor fan's.

You're a fan of VC and the Raptors (supposedly), so going by your judgement your opinion must be the most meaningless.

Yes, as I have said, my critique of teams/players I am a fan of would involve bias that other's critiques (who are neither fans, or fans of teams with any sort of rivarly) wouldn't.

So, if someone wanted as accurate of a critique of Vince's performance in a specific game or set of games as possible, then yes, it would probably be best they chose the assesment of a fan of another player over mine.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,174

Post#63 » by LLJ » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:46 pm

We've seen Chris at his best and worst before, and USA Bosh looks a lot like one of those games when he's not in shape and his timing isn't right. We know Bosh doesn't have the best hands, but he's also better than this in mid-season form. He's a guy who needs to get into rhythm before he plays at peak form.
Calderoni_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#64 » by Calderoni_8 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:48 pm

Bosh is kinda soft..but i think he is doing a better job then he did last year
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#65 » by bakafool » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:50 pm

This Nancy?

saham
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#66 » by saham » Sat Aug 9, 2008 7:20 pm

You all are getting upset over some joe smith's opinion about Bosh ? Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, so i don't really care. If he says that Jordan Farmer is better than Bosh, i would just laugh and move on, instead of getting upset. If it was some main stream newspaper writing this stuff about Bosh based on his play recently, that would piss me off cuz i have seen the US games and whatever he said is pure BS.
Nia
Assistant Coach
And1: 4
Location: South Beach, Miami, but currently live in Tdot for School

Post#67 » by Nia » Sat Aug 9, 2008 7:31 pm

LOL! You guys kill me. :lol: :lol:

The whole point of this blog is. Chandler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CB4

So why are you guys, going at each other over nothing. It's some no name, no cares about, doesn't see beyond his bias, thinks he knows what he's talking about before actually watching USA basketball (Bosh is not @ his best on USA basketball, I've been watching, but is not all this Blogger is making it cracked up to be), and it's just his Opinion.

Relax and who cares what a john doe thinks. :wink:
Bryans_Collar
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#68 » by Bryans_Collar » Sat Aug 9, 2008 9:43 pm

In his blog he was harsh on everyone except for Deron, Wade and Lebron.

But this is pointless, maybe even more so than the Skip Bayless article saying that the USA "NEEDS" Amare Stoudemire and that he's the missing piece

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba

Apparently Bosh isn't the answer because his dunks aren't as forceful. No, I'm serious, that's what the author says!

Chris Bosh threw down a big dunk against Australia -- but was it an intimidating one?
[ ]
Nothing against anyone on this squad, but Stoudemire -- who elected not to participate, concerned about the health of his surgically-repaired knees -- is the only player who was available to the United States who could have taken that feeling inside of us away. His presence, his demeanor, his anger, his power, his meanness, the messages he sends when he plays … that's what is missing.

That is pretty lol worthy for anyone who has watched Phoenix in the playoffs ---- Amare throwing down sometimes 10-15 freakish dunks on the Spurs, only to give all the points back on the defensive end and find a way to lose in the last 3 minutes. Yeah, exactly what they needed.

Every American big is flawed in some ways, but what is the alternative? The blogger seriously can't think Boozer deserves more burn than Bosh ..... he's undersized + sucks on D.

Anyone short of Kevin Garnett is going to have defensive issues.
Bargnani PER
2007 - 12.9
2008 - 10.7
Hollinger predicted 2009 - 11.8
Bryans_Collar HOPES FOR 2009 - 17.0
MacDaddy
RealGM
And1: 426

Post#69 » by MacDaddy » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:05 pm

A fan of a team featuring Pau Gasol in their frontcourt is complaining about Chris Bosh being soft? Wow.
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#70 » by Veggamattic » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:21 pm

Bosh plays different when he plays with Team U.S.A.. He plays with youthful bench energy and hustles like crazy. He also seems nervous and slightly out of control.
TCHOKE
Head Coach
And1: 312

Post#71 » by TCHOKE » Sat Aug 9, 2008 10:31 pm

looks like there no action in the Nj board these days
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#72 » by Hendrix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:53 am

bakafool wrote:This Nancy?

This nancy?

Im the 2 game I've seen he has beenout of position defensivly some times, and he isn't the best rebounder for a big man. But the article seems to exagerate quite a bit, and he has seemed to finish well in the games I've watched.
chsh22
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#73 » by chsh22 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am

I'm seeing a lot of weak irrelevant responses here. The original blog is *factually* completely incorrect. There's really no need to introduce a person's trollish tendencies, or the blogger's opinion or status as a Laker fan into the discussion.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:If you were going to give the raps board an enema, you'd stick the tube in this thread.
rafer madness
Veteran
And1: 19

Post#74 » by rafer madness » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:27 am

Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#75 » by Geddy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:53 am

Nia wrote:
So why are you guys, going at each other over nothing. It's some no name, no cares about, doesn't see beyond his bias, thinks he knows what he's talking about before actually watching USA basketball (Bosh is not @ his best on USA basketball, I've been watching, but is not all this Blogger is making it cracked up to be), and it's just his Opinion.

Relax and who cares what a john doe thinks. :wink:

My thoughts exactly.

Hendrix wrote:Image

I have a few questions of my own
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#76 » by Hendrix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:03 am

rkid wrote:I have a few questions of my own

Haha,

now that I think about it, George was called a Mary not a Nancy.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,222

Post#77 » by Shaazzam » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:28 am

How can you take the opinion of someone you don't know, and don't have any previous context to how they shape their opinions, over some people who you may feel are biased?

Why would you allow either to help shape your opinion?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#78 » by Marvin! » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Luv 4 da game wrote:
Marvin! wrote:thank god i figured out how to use the ignore list again...

There is a ignore list ? I am in dire need to know how it works, please do share.

On any post you see the poster's name on the left... Click on the name and it takes you to a sort of 'profile' screen for that poster (fwiw if you use a tabbed browser, open the link in a new tab and you won't lose your place in the thread).

On that screen you see some options... one of those options is 'add user as foe' - click that. confirm yes and never, ever have to read that poster's drivel ever again - unless you want to since every the software shows you everytime a post of their's has been blocked, and gives you the option to read that particular post if you want to.
Kohanz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 992

Post#79 » by Kohanz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:23 pm

I'll take Coach K's overflowing praise for Bosh over some blogger's opinion, thanks.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#80 » by 5DOM » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:58 pm

bosh has been really active defensively this half.

caused steals, got rebounds, tips.

Return to Toronto Raptors