Is Randy Moss the best receiver in the NFL today?

Reks
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Reks » Sun Nov 4, 2007 3:20 am

Randy>Calvin
Randy>TO
Randy w/o Raiders is unwasted talent
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#22 » by SugarRay34 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:32 am

If Randy hadnt bombed those 2 years away in Oakland, I wouldnt be surprised if right now we would be asking is he the greatest WR ever. IMO he has all the tools to be that. For his size hes got speed and acceleartion that I have never seen before. Huge vertical, maybe the best hands in the NFL. The one play that summed it up for me was the 1st game of the year when he scored on that crossing pattern. Moss was basically equal with the Jets dbacks then just turned it into another gear that nobody else had, caught the ball, and walked into the endzone.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Is Randy Moss the best receiver in the NFL today? 

Post#23 » by Bleeding Blue » Mon Sep 8, 2008 9:40 pm

I wouldn't say he is the best complete receiver in the NFL.....he is the best deep play receiver though....if I have one shot at a hail mary you can be damn sure I want Moss on my team....
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Cevap » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:26 pm

TO is better imo
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#25 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Brandon Marshall will be #1 before the end of the year..completely unstoppable..and he's one of the best blocking WR's in the NFL, which is something you can never say about Moss, even TO..
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#26 » by studcrackers » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:31 pm

no TO is a good blocker
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,877
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#27 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:58 am

Lol, Cutler is the best QB ever, and Marshall is the best receiver. Screw you Montana and Rice, you didnt have a rocket arm, or a blocking receiver like these guys.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Post#28 » by HarlemHeat37 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:10 pm

we'll see what you'll be saying this week NO..
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 pm

You act like passing against the Saints is something special.

Me and you could be the best QB-WR tandem ever if we could throw against our defense every week :D

I like Marshall though, I love big receivers, and he's a lot like Marques Colston who I also love, but if any young WR is going to overtake the top dogs, it's going to be Calvin Johnson.... He's something else all together, it baffles my mind how someone an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than Colston and Marshall can run in the 4.3's and have a 45" vertical. :-/
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#30 » by Fatty » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:37 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:You act like passing against the Saints is something special.

Me and you could be the best QB-WR tandem ever if we could throw against our defense every week :D

I like Marshall though, I love big receivers, and he's a lot like Marques Colston who I also love, but if any young WR is going to overtake the top dogs, it's going to be Calvin Johnson.... He's something else all together, it baffles my mind how someone an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier than Colston and Marshall can run in the 4.3's and have a 45" vertical. :-/

maybe in the 80s but this is the 21st century
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 am

Fatty wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:You act like passing against the Saints is something special.

maybe in the 80s but this is the 21st century

You act like it's common, there is no one with those measurables, theres not even anyone that's even all that close to be honest, that's not even counting his natural talent as a receiver, the hands, the body control, the ability to find holes in a zone, route running.... He's a monster receiving prospect.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User

Post#32 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:44 pm

he probably will be better..but he plays with **** and arguably the most embarrassing franchise in sports right now..having a losing program around him will obviously hurt him more than guys like Marshall or Colston, who are on rising teams..
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#33 » by Elway=GOAT » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:29 am

Calvin Johnson is the most physically gifted receiver ever, imo. The only thing holding him back is the Lion's organization and possibly his back. Put him on a team with a nice collection of offensive talent, and a QB who can get him the ball and he would put up crazy numbers.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:27 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with both of you, but I was one of the people who called Randy Moss the best receiver in football even in Oakland, so I'll have no problem calling Johnson the best even if his numbers aren't.

Hell, he's looking pretty damn good even on Detroit right now :dontknow:
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#35 » by Next Coming » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:35 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:Brandon Marshall will be #1 before the end of the year..completely unstoppable..and he's one of the best blocking WR's in the NFL, which is something you can never say about Moss, even TO..

Terrell Owens is a great blocker?
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#36 » by CJ_18 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:12 am

Calvin and Andre Johnson are up there together when it comes to physically gifted WRs IMO. They both are monsters in size (Calvin is 6'5 235, Andre is 6'3 225) Andre had a better 40 time coming out of college (4.2), and he was also a NCAA track and field sprint champion.

If any of these guys had decent QBs throwing them the ball, they would be 1st ballot Hall of Famers
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Oct 2, 2008 7:33 am

Andre Johnson didn't run a 4.2, Tyrone Calico had the fastest 40 time for a receiver that year at 4.33.

Here are the combine stats.

Andre Johnson:

6'2
223-230(varying reports, probably closer to 230 I'd say)
4.40 40 yard dash (4.41 even at his pro day)
39 inch vertical
11' broad jump

Calvin Johnson:

6'5
4.35 40 yard dash(in borrowed QB shoes)
43 inch vertical (he outjumped the measuring device, 43 was the max, and they said it could have been upwards of 47")
11'7 inch broad jump

I don't think people talk about it enough, Calvin is one of the most gifted athletes to play pro sports, he's up there with someone like LeBron really.

Hell, just put Calvin in Basketball terms, he's like Dwyane Wade, if Wade was faster, 30 pounds heavier, and had 10 inches higher vertical leap :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRqyjzyBRg

Just look at his body control there, it's not even fair.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#38 » by Worm Guts » Wed Oct 8, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Andre Johnson ran faster than 4.4 in workouts. I think something like 4.29.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Oct 8, 2008 8:31 pm

Every report I can find has him at 4.4 officially, I haven't seen anything otherwise, and I don't remember him cracking 4.3's either.
A.J.
Banned User

Post#40 » by A.J. » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:14 pm

Elway=GOAT wrote:Calvin Johnson is the most physically gifted receiver ever, imo. The only thing holding him back is the Lion's organization and possibly his back. Put him on a team with a nice collection of offensive talent, and a QB who can get him the ball and he would put up crazy numbers.

I wouldnt say he is the most physcially gifted athlete ever, I would give that to Moss, and I do agree if he was on a team with a QB and a good OL then he would be sick. But right now Moss is the best receiver in the NFL today.

Return to Player Comparisons