Harpering/Korver/Carney
Boozer/Milsap/Cardinal
Okur/Collins/Koufos
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Re: Wolves/Jazz 

Post#2 » by the_bruce » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 am

I'm not really a fan of this...and I really like AK47. This deal is overpaying to me.

I think a fairer value overall might be...
Miller + Collins for AK47

or If the Jazz would prefer youth...
Collins + Cardinal + 09 1st, Boston 1st, X(mccants?)

I dont like any of these deals either though, AK's deal is to much $$$ and to long. I'd consider any of them though...
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:58 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:I'm not really a fan of this...and I really like AK47. This deal is overpaying to me.

+1 and I don't see the reason why we are doing this?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:28 pm

that seems like a good deal, Brewer is on his way to being a really good player and AK47 can help our team a lot. Kinda makes us a horrible shooting team though...but thats pretty damn good value to me. Brewer had 1.7 spg and 56% shooting, he seems to be a really interesting player
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#5 » by john2jer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Too many Brewers. We're not Milwaukee.

Miller is going to be what makes Love/Jefferson work on offense. Kirlenko would be nice with his help defense, but I think $$$-wise it messes up our future. 17mil owed to Kirilenko the year we want to have cap space is a problem.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#6 » by shrink » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:19 pm

Here are a couple good insights on the Jazz from Jazz fans.

viewtopic.php?p=17328649#p17328649

I've played a lot of roto fantasy hoops, so of course, I've always liked Kirilenko. On the floor the guy was always a hustler. However, his contract

2008-09 $15,106,000
2009-10 $16,452,000
2010-11 $17,823,000

.. is very cost-prohibitive, and uses up a ton of our 2010 cap space. Moreover, Kirilenko's injury problems and occasional attitude question marks give him the guy negative trade value. My hope is the Corey Brewer, with his physical tools, could become kind of an early AK-lite. He'll probably never get there, but with one eighth the price tag, I'd prefer to roll the dice on him.

Maybe I'm just prejudiced, because I know how embarrassing my posts would become with two guys with the same last name on the team!
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:48 pm

1. you guys are way underrating Ronnie Brewer 2. who cares about 2010, nobody better than AK will come to Minnesota, rather have AK in the mean time and then he expires in 2011 and we can go sign Duncan and KG

C Duncan
PF Jefferson
SF KG
SG Foye
PG Love (outlet passes)
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#8 » by Basti » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:1. you guys are way underrating Ronnie Brewer 2. who cares about 2010, nobody better than AK will come to Minnesota, rather have AK in the mean time and then he expires in 2011 and we can go sign Duncan and KG

C Duncan
PF Jefferson
SF KG
SG Foye
PG Love (outlet passes)

we should try to convince Dirk to come here for the MLE by telling him our masterplan for 2011.

C Duncan
PF Jefferson
SF Garnett
SG Nowitzki
PG Love

can I say match up nightmare? :D
john2jer
RealGM

Post#9 » by john2jer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:09 pm

That would be fun watching Kevin Love chase Tony Parker and Chris Paul around the court. We'd have to play a 1-2-2 zone with KG out front.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#10 » by B Calrissian » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:1. you guys are way underrating Ronnie Brewer 2. who cares about 2010, nobody better than AK will come to Minnesota, rather have AK in the mean time and then he expires in 2011 and we can go sign Duncan and KG

C Duncan
PF Jefferson
SF KG
SG Foye
PG Love (outlet passes)

I agree. I doubt Wade/Bosh would consider leaving their current teams to play in Minny. In this deal the Wolves would be trading the hope of landing a big free agent for a player that can help right now, plus an upgrade from Carney to Brewer. Plus there are probably going to be a handle full of good players that end up signing one year deals in 2010 because everyone will have to overpay for players that summer. Then when 2011 rolls around the Wolves can pick up a decent player. And for whoever said Mike Miller is what will make the offense work.. Why couldn't McCants start and help spread the floor in his place? AK and Brewer would help the defense more than Miller will be helping the offense.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#11 » by john2jer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:26 pm

B Calrissian wrote:I agree. I doubt Wade/Bosh would consider leaving their current teams to play in Minny. In this deal the Wolves would be trading the hope of landing a big free agent for a player that can help right now, plus an upgrade from Carney to Brewer. Plus there are probably going to be a handle full of good players that end up signing one year deals in 2010 because everyone will have to overpay for players that summer. Then when 2011 rolls around the Wolves can pick up a decent player. And for whoever said Mike Miller is what will make the offense work.. Why couldn't McCants start and help spread the floor in his place? AK and Brewer would help the defense more than Miller will be helping the offense.

I've had the thought about Memphis, and the Wolves being in a position that next year might be the time to make big trades to bring talent in for pretty much the reason you stated. Big name free agents most likely won't come here unless the current pups blow-up this year and show they have an amazing core that a star thinks he can come in and be the final piece to the puzzle. Yeah I know, probably ain't going to happen.

I made the commented about Miller making the offense work. The difference between Miller and McCants is that McCants normally gets his while pounding the ball and forcing things at times. Miller's comes from spacing and within the offense. McCants, even though he won't admit/like it, is perfectly suited for the 6th man role and leading the 2nd unit. Miller also helps with the rebounding and passing where McCants isn't as effective in those areas.

Ultimately, I think my favored position for the Wolves would be to ride this year out, get their top 10 pick and hope for Thabeet. He's the perfect 5 to fit with this team. Then they can look at making a splash trade with their cap space, extra 1st round picks, and young pups depending on who becomes available. That's mostly because I believe no one's coming here in the summer of 2010 anyways. The Wolves haven't ever signed a free agent of value. The few decent guys we've broughten in have been via trade. Of course that's mostly due to not having the money because of KG's contract.
Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Winter Wonder » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:10 pm

I really like what Kirilenko brings to the floor, but he is best suited at the 4 position according to many Jazz fans. He has had some of a resurgence at 3, but mainly is a 4. If we are keeping both Jefferson (a must) and Love, we have a log jam at the 4.

I just am not a fan of the fit at the moment unless AK could solidfy his skills at the 3 spot (improved range on shot, handles). If that were the case, C. Brewer at the 2 and AK at the 3 brings great length and defense at the wings (if AK doesn't lose a step), but, again, the outside shooting would be the great concern.

Otherwise, AK at the 4 moves Jefferons or Love to the 5 when on the floor together and having all three on the floor becomes much more problematic and puts us in the situation Utah faces playing the three bigs. They have Okur though who has great range on his shot and can spread the floor for them. I am not sure Love would be dependable from beyond the arc as Okur can be.

Otherwise, R. Brewer is probably better than I give him credit for, but we have wing prospects and he doesn't do much for me. At least not enough to make this trade and trade those picks. If it were pared down a bit and the trade was made less noisey, I would reconsider possibly,; but for now, I am thinking no based more off of fit and AK's contract and his tradability.

P.S. Utah has Korver, and probably value Miller less because of that.
LA_33
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#13 » by LA_33 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:10 pm

I'd try to keep one of the picks, but I'd probably do this if I were the Wolves. AK-47 is better than Miller, especially given Minny's needs on D and the availability of some PF minutes (Jefferson is a center, and Kirilenko's ability to play both forward spots would allow the Wolves to play he, Big Al, and Love together at times, with Love being th e6th man other times).

R.Brewer is good, too, much better than Carney and more developed than Corey Brewer as a wing defender right now, and Fessenko is a nice young-center-lottery-ticket-type prospect (along with Pekovic, giving them a decent chance to hit on a "center of the future").

I can't see the Jazz doing it, though, even though Miller would be a great fit in Utah. I wouldn't worry about Miller duplicating Korver, because they could play together at times to give the Jazz a TON of shooting around Deron and Boozer, and Korver isn't good enough to be starting anyway, while Miller is. But AK-47 and Brewer are two of only three quality defenders in their rotation (along with Deron).

Their Sloan-fueled "tough" reputation covers up the fact that the Jazz are actually the worst defensive squad among the top five-to-ten contenders (especially now that Bynum is back for the Lakers) and this would make their D significantly worse, particularly inside, where Kirilenko is their only real rim-defender, despite playing most of his minutes at SF.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#14 » by B Calrissian » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:24 pm

How about this one.. The Wolves would get a 3 point shooter back in Morrison and a prospect center in Ajinca. The Jazz would get to pair up the Collins twins to back up Okur and Boozer. They both (Collins bros) expire this summer giving them some capspace to resign Boozer if he opts out.

Wolves
In-Kirilenko, Morrison, Ajinca
Out-Miller, Collins, Cardinal, Utah 1st, Boston 1st, Houston 2nd

Foye/Telfair
McCants/Morrison/Carney
Gomes/Brewer
Kirilenko/Smith/Madsen
Jefferson/Love/Ajinca

Jazz
In-Miller, Collins, 09 1st back
Out- Kirilenko, Milsap

Williams/Knight
Miller/Miles/Almond
Brewer/Harpering
Boozer/Collins/Fesenko
Okur/Collins/Koufos

Bobcats
In-Milsap, Cardinal, Boston 1st, Houston 2nd
Out-Morrison, Ajinca

Felton/Augustin
Richardson/Carroll/Brown
Wallace/Dudley/Cardinal
Milsap/May/Davidson
Okafor/Mohammed/Hollins
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#15 » by Klomp » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Definitely not. We give up 2 1sts.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves