Hinrich Trade Ideas (ATL, Minny, or GS)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

omeloon
Starter
And1: 1

Hinrich Trade Ideas (ATL, Minny, or GS) 

Post#1 » by omeloon » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:44 am

1. Hinrich For Mike Miller and Madsen (or preferably Telfair)

The Wolves add $3 mill to their cap space for next summer, and they get a starting caliber PG who allows Foye to focus more on scoring while guarding the easier defensive assignment. The Bulls improve their starting five and get out of Hinrich's long term deal.

2. Hinrich for Speedy Claxton and Zaza.

Hawks get longterm solution to PG problem while getting rid of unwanted Speedy. Bulls make sure Rose has an adequate back up point while trimming salary and adding some needed depth at center.

3. Hinrich and Gooden for Zaza and Bibby (+ maybe some sort of picks??)

Hawks improve their front court + get long term solution at PG. Bulls get more experienced vetran leader to teach Rose the ropes while trimming 4 years off Hinrich's contract. Open up more playing time for Ty and Noah.

4. Hinrich and Gooden for Harrington and Stephen Jackson.

Don't particularly like this for either team, but at least GS gets a big point who will be able to play with Monta.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,604

Re: Hinrich Trade Ideas (ATL, Minny, or GS) 

Post#2 » by shrink » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:53 am

I've considered Hinrich in MIN for a while. I agree with your assessment of how he could match with Foye, and since he grew up in Iowa, he may have the Mike-Miller-ish view that Minneapolis is a great place to be.

I think though that the front office would say "no." They've worked pretty diligently to get rid of every contract that runs past the 2010 Summer free agency. I like Hinrich, but his contract could not be considered a bargain, so I don't think MIN's brain trust would jump at him with a deal ending in 2012.
omeloon
Starter

Post#3 » by omeloon » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:09 am

Yeah, I agree. I would hope management would realize that having a 30 year old PG on the roster (who will probably still be a quality starter) in 2011/12 for only $8 mill (Hinrich's contract gradually decreases over the next 4 years) would not be bad at all, but you never know. Having anyone on contract for that long is never ideal.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#4 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:30 am

Lets review the facts:
Kirk Hinrich is most likely the Bulls starting SG. Its been well documented that all logical signs point to Ben Gordon taking the QO, meaning he probably is not going to stay here long term. That leaves Larry Hughes, Thabo Sefalosha, Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich as the long term guards. Hughes is gone in 2010 when the contract expires, so any trade with Hinrich needs to have at least a starting quality SG coming back to Chicago. And the Hawks trades (especially Zaza+Claxton) are pure crap.
omeloon
Starter

Post#5 » by omeloon » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:45 am

DanTown8587 wrote:Lets review the facts:
Kirk Hinrich is most likely the Bulls starting SG. Its been well documented that all logical signs point to Ben Gordon taking the QO, meaning he probably is not going to stay here long term. That leaves Larry Hughes, Thabo Sefalosha, Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich as the long term guards. Hughes is gone in 2010 when the contract expires, so any trade with Hinrich needs to have at least a starting quality SG coming back to Chicago. And the Hawks trades (especially Zaza+Claxton) are pure crap.

Well they get that in Mike Miller from the Minny deal or Stephen Jackson from the GS deal.

The Bibby deal also makes it MUCH easier to hand out money to keep Ben Gordon. Bibby would only be in Chi for a year (unless wanted to bring back for less $$) to help guide Rose. The Bulls would then be off the hook for the rest of Hinrich's contract, so they'd probably be more willing to give Gorodn his money. If they don't lock up BG long term they will be even further under the cap, and so can go after Martell Webster, Jarret Jack, Iverson, Artest, or Mike James
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#6 » by gswhoops » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:04 am

Take out Gooden and Stephen Jackson...Al for Kirk is a fair deal if Chicago wants out of his deal and GS is looking for a guard to compliment Monta.
omeloon
Starter

Post#7 » by omeloon » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:32 am

I don't think Chi really has any need for Harrington though, that's why I included Jackson. They already have Deng and Noicioni as SF/PF's.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:34 am

omeloon wrote:I don't think Chi really has any need for Harrington though, that's why I included Jackson. They already have Deng and Noicioni as SF/PF's.

They're not trading for Harrington per se, but for the cap savings from getting out of Hinrich's deal.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#9 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:42 am

^It doesn't make as much sense as you think for the Bulls. Perhaps they would deal Nocioni for an expiring or a 2 year deal, however, it seems as though Kirk is in great shape and IS looking like he'll be the Bull's starting SG this year.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:53 am

Alright, but I don't think the Warriors would pay more then Al straight up. If Chicago isn't interested, so be it. But we're not sweetening the pot.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#11 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:55 am

^Thats fine. I think the Bulls interest in trading Hinrich has dried up somewhat.

Return to Trades and Transactions