SF Mike Miller Ricky Davis Al Thornton Tim Thomas Curtis Sumpter
PF Craig Smith Marcus Camby Tim Thomas Paul Davis Steve Novak
C Marcus Camby Brian Skinner DeAndre Jordan
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Re: MIN - LAC 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 2, 2008 12:46 am

Minnesota Does this in a heartbeat, Clippers decline just as fast.

They already have a guy in Thorton that they like, and its not enough talent coming back to the Clippers.

Im not sure if it would work but maybe a Package of Love, Collins, McCants, and Mia's future 1st, that to me seems a lot closer.

Baron/Gordon
Cuttino/McCants or Brewer
Thorton
Love
Camby/Collins

Wolves look like

Foye/Telfaire
Miller/Carney
Gomes
Jefferson/Smith
Kaman

I still don't think Clippers accept, but I wouldn't want the Wolves to to that trade either
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#3 » by B Calrissian » Thu Oct 2, 2008 12:51 am

I like almost all deals that involve Kaman coming to the Wolves (expect the unrealistic Miller/Love package). I would much rather see the Wolves do a deal like this rather than getting more cap space (Wally deal). Another guy I wouldn't mind seeing Miller being traded for is Hinrich. Hinrich is not quite the shooter that Miller is but he is an excellent defender.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#4 » by B Calrissian » Thu Oct 2, 2008 12:58 am

Mattya wrote:Minnesota Does this in a heartbeat, Clippers decline just as fast.

[size=150]They already have a guy in Thorton that they like[/size], and its not enough talent coming back to the Clippers.

Im not sure if it would work but maybe a Package of Love, Collins, McCants, and Mia's future 1st, that to me seems a lot closer.

Baron/Gordon
Cuttino/McCants or Brewer
Thorton
Love
Camby/Collins

Wolves look like

Foye/Telfaire
Miller/Carney
Gomes
Jefferson/Smith
Kaman

I still don't think Clippers accept, but I wouldn't want the Wolves to to that trade either

So if they wouldn't want Miller because they have Thornton why would they want Brewer? Or McCants? They just drafted a sg(Gordon).
Mattya
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 2, 2008 3:05 pm

I believe they are going to try to make Gordon a Point Guard for the future, like we are doing to Foye.

He will see time at Shooting Guard too, plus if they get Brewer in this deal then Brewer could back up Thorton

so no worries
Mattya
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 2, 2008 3:06 pm

and it was just hypothetical, i made it up in 3 seconds
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#7 » by deeney0 » Thu Oct 2, 2008 4:13 pm

Of course, but I don't think LAC considers it. I'd add to Miller to get Kaman, I'm not exactly sure where I draw the line. Brewer, Love, or Foye? No. Craigers, Shaddy, Gomes? Yes. Miami pick? Maybe. Utah pick? Yes. Protection off Wolves pick? Maybe.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#8 » by C.lupus » Thu Oct 2, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm having trouble figuring out what the Clippers are trying to do. They seem well stocked in the backcourt with B. Davis, Gordon, Mobley, R. Davis, and Thornton. I guess Camby is going to play PF, otherwise they have Kaman, Camby, and D. Jordan at C.

I just don't see how Miller or McCants would swing a deal with them. The only player besides Jefferson that looks like a good fit for them is Love and he would be next to untouchable in my book.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#9 » by deeney0 » Thu Oct 2, 2008 5:29 pm

I'd trade Love for Kaman, I just wouldn't add much. Love and Collins/Cardinal? Sure. Miller, no way.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#10 » by C.lupus » Thu Oct 2, 2008 6:45 pm

My initial reaction to using Love was "no way!". I think this was mainly because I've spent considerable effort talking myself into him. The more I think about it, though, Love/Collins for Kaman makes good sense. Probably needs a sweetener, though - maybe Smith?

I think LAC would have the same initial reaction about trading Kaman. A Kaman for Love trade does a couple things for them, though. First, it balances their roster. They can play Camby at C with Collins as his backup and Jordan as his pupil. Love slides into the vacant PF position. Second, it gives the franchise more of a sense of direction. Right now, they seem to be stuck in limbo between win now (with B. Davis and Camby acquisitions) and rebuild. This would leave them with enough vets (Davis, Mobley, and Camby) to win some games and gives them a nice, intriguing core to build the future around (Gordon, Thornton, Love, and Jordan).

PG: Davis/Gordon
SG: Mobley/Davis/Gordon
SF: Thornton/ Thomas
PF: Love/Smith/Skinner
C: Camby/Collins/Jordan

For MN

PG: Foye/Telfair
SG: Miller/McCants/Brewer
SF: Gomes/Brewer/Miller/Carney
PF: Jefferson/Gomes/Madsen
C: Kaman/Jefferson
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#11 » by Foye » Thu Oct 2, 2008 7:53 pm

Sorry, but Love and Collins/Cardinal for Kaman?

Not even McHale, if LAC GM would do this trade.

Kaman is a real good player while Love is a Rookie who hasn't proven anything.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 2, 2008 8:16 pm

m not trying to argue but, even if he is an unproven rookie he is the 5th pick in this years Draft

plus they get a lot of expiring money for next couple of years, to maybe go after a big name player.

Im not saying if they would or wouldn't do this but in my opinion, a Kaman for Love, Collins, and Brewer is a lot closer in value then Miller and Smith

I agree with C.lupus with how confused I am about what the Clips are trying to do. They really did get screwed by Brand leaving. Im pretty sure Baron would not have been signed if they would have known Brand was leaving for sure.

They really would have been a tough team to stop with Brand on that team.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#13 » by the_bruce » Sat Oct 4, 2008 5:15 am

If it was based around love I'd say yes, but an offer for miller would need to astound me. Mostly because he is the natural compliment to Jefferson.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves