Post#1 » by mr.ankle » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:37 am

Who will have the better Career ?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:50 am

Well, I will be called a homer because he is in my sig, but here goes.... Reggie Bush.

He has a style more conducive to longevity, and he is so multi talented he could easily be a 1000/1000 type guy.

Adrian Peterson is actually underrated as a receiver, but I think he will be as good as the 1600 yard, 69 catch version of Deuce(pre injury)

He is very similar to McAllister, he is a bit thinner, but ran a bit better in the 40 time.

Bush is just so versatile, I can't pick against him, and then when you factor in his game breaking speed......

BTW Bush was the higher rated prospect, not that it means much, just food for thought.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
nycballer718
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by nycballer718 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:24 am

reggie bush
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#4 » by studcrackers » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:12 am

tough choice i really dont think you can go wrong here, but it can also depend on the type of offense you have and how versatile you are.

like the eagles would take bush b/c he's similar to westbrook while a hard nosed team like pittsburgh that has always featured bruising rb's would take peterson.

i think it'd be interesting to put darren mcfadden into this discussion. i know he's not in the draft yet but assume he goes through the season injury free id bet he will grade out better than both these players and thats sayin something.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:28 am

studcrackers wrote:tough choice i really dont think you can go wrong here, but it can also depend on the type of offense you have and how versatile you are.

like the eagles would take bush b/c he's similar to westbrook while a hard nosed team like pittsburgh that has always featured bruising rb's would take peterson.

i think it'd be interesting to put darren mcfadden into this discussion. i know he's not in the draft yet but assume he goes through the season injury free id bet he will grade out better than both these players and thats sayin something.

He won't grade out higher than either.

Unless he has some ridiculous talent that he hasn't shown us yet that is.

These are 2 of the highest graded RB prospects ever from what I can gauge, really no question marks, except how would Bush's game translate(Seemed to after an adjustment period) and Adrian's injury concerns.

He is much like Peterson, tall/lean but still powerful.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#6 » by studcrackers » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:21 am

well they're already saying mcfadden will be or should be the top pick so id have to assume he'd grade out as high as them.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Danielite
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Danielite » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:26 am

Reggie Bush
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 am

studcrackers wrote:well they're already saying mcfadden will be or should be the top pick so id have to assume he'd grade out as high as them.

Not a very top heavy draft either, not nearly as top heavy as the Bush draft.

Vince Young and Matt Leinart both would grade out higher than any of next years guys IMO, unless someone takes a huge step forward.

Mario Williams is the top DE prospect since Julius Peppers. Motivation is the only thing that puts someone like Gaines adams even close.

D'Brickashaw was a better prospect than Joe Thomas IMO, but I value pass blocking really high.

Haloti Ngata might be the top DT prospect in a long while, with motivation issues being the thing again.

Vernon Davis? Might have been the most impressive combine ever witnessed.

This years draft certainly wins in receiving, but being the top prospect in this draft or '08 isn't like the '06 draft, I think people forget how great the prospects were in that draft.

What is your analysis of Mcfadden so far? What does he do better/worse than say Peterson? What would make him standout over Bush/Peterson?
sixer4ever
Junior

Post#9 » by sixer4ever » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:19 pm

Bush. Id bet my life savings that peterson spends more of his football career in a hospital bed than on the field
2011 NBA Champions: Philadelphia 76ers
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by UKF » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:08 am

sixer4ever wrote:Bush. Id bet my life savings that peterson spends more of his football career in a hospital bed than on the field

:rofl: yea BUSH
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#11 » by High 5 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:06 pm

Peterson is a guy that can carry the load throughout the game, Bush isn't. Peterson can get the yards up the middle, Bush can't. If I already have a starting back (Deuce) I'll take Bush, but if I don't have a starter I'm taking Peterson.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:06 pm

That's a very common misconception^^

I don't want Reggie being pounded in the middle, but he is still capable of doing it, he showed it on more than a few occasions. His problem really isn't strength, it was waiting for blocks to set up.

Fun fact I heard, do you know who has the highest YPC running up the gut over the past say 5-7 years?? Marshall Faulk.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#13 » by High 5 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:17 pm

I've watched Reggie throughout college and his rookie year and I've yet to see it. Why Sean Payton had him running on the goal line last year baffled me.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Pierce 4 3 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:18 pm

This is a hard one, but I think Bush.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#15 » by TMU » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:30 pm

High 5 wrote:Peterson is a guy that can carry the load throughout the game, Bush isn't. Peterson can get the yards up the middle, Bush can't.

That's why I am taking Peterson.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:26 am

Very few running plays we designed were actually to the outside, which is why he struggled mightily in the running game early. The last 8 games he came on strong, and their was no change of gameplan, but the big plays were broken plays where he improvised, but virtually every run in the Saints ran was between the tackles. The quick screens were glorified toss plays.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#17 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:02 am

reggie bush. the guy can do everything from receiving to punt return.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 520

Post#18 » by NDaATL » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:06 am

High 5 wrote:Why Sean Payton had him running on the goal line last year baffled me.

Stat padding.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:04 am

Goal line play design:

Hand off to Reggie, hope the defense penetrates, Reggie runs to side line dives into endzone. :dontknow:

That seems much easier than letting Deuce drag the whole D-line into the endzone :D.

I had a few questions with Payton at times, he underutilized Deuce IMO, Deuce was destroying the bears, but he kept passing.

Some times he tried to force Reggie too hard, even when the teams were geared to stop him, and Deuce was lighting it up.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#20 » by horaceworthy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Peterson. He's a bruising runner with breakaway speed. Reggie Bush was my boy in Madden last year, but times change and people grow. I think Reggie's power is a little underrated because he's so good at making people miss and outrunning them. Peterson's got power to spare, the only questions with him are durability and his upright running style (with which his durability goes hand in hand). From what I've seen, his vision and ability to wait for his blockers and follow them are a little better than Bush's, but that's a tough thing to say before he's played a snap in the NFL and there's an 88% chance that's just me wishcasting. I tend to favor power runners more than shifty ones though (except for Barry Sanders, but that's because he was Barry Freakin' Sanders), especially with a guy like Childress who runs the ball behind the left side of the line approximately 97% of the time.

Before Peterson was a Viking I might have said Bush, but now that Peterson's in the Land of 10,000 Lakes it's All Day, all day. I'm a homer, but so what, that's how most of us roll.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''

Return to Player Comparisons