Weezy on Beasley

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Mr. Fundamental
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#41 » by Mr. Fundamental » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:08 am

dflash3 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Mr. Fundamental wrote:Masta Ace said it best

"And i heard your album, this must be something your new at, because I would rather listen to a Lil Wayne, Lil Zane duet"

Your post just forced me to throw on Nostalgia.

You have horrible taste in music. That song has way too many words for me to understand. Lil Wayne is smart enough to keep it simple and remind me what the song is about multiple times. Thats why that fake hip hop is dead now.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but for me rap is the best form of music because it not only witty but it gives you the most information and you get the most for your dollar. You might say quality over quantity, but then i would have to remind you that Wayne has a song called lollipop. That fact is what you refer to as "fake hip hop" is real hip hop, and what you listen to is closer to pop then it is to rap. Wayne was just a loophole for guys who felt bitch about listening to pop. The fact is hip hop hasn't died or moved on you just have to look in different places for it. Very few mainstream rappers are more then a beat, there are some like Nas, and Jay-z but if you look a little deeper past the garbage that floods the wavelengths you will find some really good music, music that you can relate to that's not just about money and fake beef. You could be joking in which case i would have to apologize, but all humor was lost in cyberspace. Reading your previous post you probably are, but i didnt see any green font so...

As for Nostalgia i like that song alot i just always thought that marco polo only took from the song and added nothing. Take a Walk to me is a better song, but if you want to bob your head to something really good try I Against I by Jedi Mind Tricks.
kno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24

Post#42 » by kno » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:22 am

Stringcheese wrote:
Why undeserved? He's got a fresh flow/style, he doesn't just rap about guns and bitches.

Youre right. Instead, he raps about ho's licking the wrapper off his lolipop or some shtt.

Stringcheese wrote:
His newest album sold 1 million copies in the first week and is 2x platinum.

"If your message aint shtt, fkk the records youve sold because
If you go platinum, its got nothing to do with luck.
It just means that a million people are stupid as fkk"

-Immortal Technique

Stringcheese wrote:
He's probably my favorite rap artist putting out stuff today.

Im sorry. Wish you the best.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#43 » by Canomad » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 am

im sure this is the motivation beasley needs to play some defense.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#44 » by Flash3 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:09 pm

B'Easy's got a LONG way to go.

That's all I'm going to say.

And, whoever this rapper is, I couldn't care less....
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#45 » by miamiballer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:41 pm

offensively beasley is already a 18-20 ppg scorer easily, he can also be a prolific rebounder

he tries defensively which is great but gets lost defensively...if he keeps on trying and is determined to get better, he could be one of the premeir forwards in the league in a couple of years
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#46 » by GreenWithEnvy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 pm

haha thats the thing that i didn't and will never understand.....if people knock 50 cent for selling out and making "Candy Shop", why do those same people give Wayne credit for "Lollipop"...its the same **** and 50 did it first!!!!!!

best thing goin in hip hop right now is the Cool Kids. Not boring, nor repetitive, funny creative lyrics that you can understand and banging beats that bump ur system. You never get tthe feeling ur listening to hip hop or rap with them. its just music.
Willie Green Is The Man!
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#47 » by Harry Heinous » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:00 pm

No one will ever touch Rappin' 4-tay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktvOo5vj0E
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#48 » by Brownsville's Finest » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
crowd goes wild wrote:If lil wayne says he's the greatest, then he's the greatest. OF ALL TIME. PERIOD.

Lil wayne > real 90's hip hop

I agree.

I hate that "real rap" trash, wit it's witty lyrics and all that confusing word play.

I can't even memerise the 1st two verses the 3rd time I hear it.

And some of their songs talk about stuff that makes sense?

What the hell is a metaphor?

A simile? Really?

You gotta have a friggin' GED to understand that garbage.

I'm sayin' son, I ain't no rocket scientist.

Yo being smart ain't real.

Keep thats Soulja Boy bumpin my good dude.

lmao
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#49 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Oden was in the NBA last year. And should not be considered a NBA rookie.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#50 » by TheNewEra » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:16 pm

In reality Da Carter 2 >>>>>>> Da Carter 3

The whole purpose of the Da Cater 3 was for Lil Wayne to make his transition into main stream hi-hop even at the expense of his old gritty hip hop music. Also to say Lil Wayne doesn't deserve his success is an EPIC FAIL regardless how much I don't like his recent work the guy has been putting in work for years now. When others have quit after years of sub-par sales and media buzz Wayne continued the hunt and became main stream.

If you really want to hear the art form of Wayne pick-up the Carter 2 or one of his mixtapes.

Lupe Fiasco is a beast as well.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#51 » by TheNewEra » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:26 pm

GreenWithEnvy wrote:haha thats the thing that i didn't and will never understand.....if people knock 50 cent for selling out and making "Candy Shop", why do those same people give Wayne credit for "Lollipop"...its the same **** and 50 did it first!!!!!!

best thing goin in hip hop right now is the Cool Kids. Not boring, nor repetitive, funny creative lyrics that you can understand and banging beats that bump ur system. You never get tthe feeling ur listening to hip hop or rap with them. its just music.

Simple 50 cent came into the industry "dissing" hip hop artist Ja Rule for using his style of hip-hop and R&B. In the song Wangsta %) called out Rule for all his singing and love songs. At the moment most people went with 50 because they thought is was cooler he had a more hardcore image. Then a few months and a album later 50 came out with songs like "Candy Shop", "Amusement Park","Best Friend" and "21 something". The one problem I and others had with it is he used a style of music he discredited others for using. Bascially selling out himself.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#52 » by Buck You » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:34 pm

To the person who said Beasley is going to suck now that Lil Wayne likes him.. huh? I hope you were kidding. Jay-Z loves LeBron, is LeBron bound to suck now??? Also, say what you want about Lil Wayne's rapping ability, but that doesn't take away from his opinion on this issue. I think Lil Wayne is alright, I play his last CD a lot, whatever. But you shouldn't make fun of someone for the kind of music they like, that's pretty stupid. Different people like different music. Not everyone is going to like your favorite music.
SmushedPennies
Analyst
And1: 211

Post#53 » by SmushedPennies » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 am

celticfan42487 wrote:Oden was in the NBA last year. And should not be considered a NBA rookie.

lol, but he is

Email David Stern
ImageImage
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#54 » by Hypz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:31 am

Waa waa mainstream, hey where have I heard that argument before? I guess The Beatles, Run DMC, and AC/DC suck too, because they were/are mainstream. If you don't like mainstream, go listen to myspace "rappers" and "bands".

Lil' Wayne's album is the best of the year in it's genre, at the very least.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#55 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:33 am

I don't dislike Lil Wayne because he's mainstream..I dislike him because he sucks..

LOL @ Wayne's album being the best of the year..in October/September alone, I could name a few better albums..Beautiful Minds, Murs For President, Paper Trail(and I hate TI), The Recession..I hear Jake One's album is hot too, but haven't heard it yet..

Jay-Z is certainly mainstream, and he's one of my favorite rappers of all-time..same with Nas and Eminem..
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#56 » by shaqfan1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:59 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:To the person who said Beasley is going to suck now that Lil Wayne likes him.. huh? I hope you were kidding. Jay-Z loves LeBron, is LeBron bound to suck now??? Also, say what you want about Lil Wayne's rapping ability, but that doesn't take away from his opinion on this issue. I think Lil Wayne is alright, I play his last CD a lot, whatever. But you shouldn't make fun of someone for the kind of music they like, that's pretty stupid. Different people like different music. Not everyone is going to like your favorite music.

Let me give you an analogy. There are many Miley Cyrus fans out there. I have no problem with people listening to her music. I do have a problem with people calling her one of the best rappers alive, though. Why? Because she doesn't rap, and even if she did, she would suck.

It's the same thing with Lil' Wayne. I don't have a problem with people listening to Lil' Wayne. I do have a problem when people say he is one of the best rappers alive, or even when they call him a good rapper.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
dburke05
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#57 » by dburke05 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:15 am

TsunamiZC wrote:Oden is not a Rookie.

Your pic is sick ... best I have seen on here no doubt
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#58 » by nyk2423 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 am

DFolks wrote:What are you smoking, brah!! ^^^^^ Weezy is the best rapper alive, save for Jay-Z.

WTF LMAO ....listen to some Joell Ortiz
BugsBunny
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#59 » by BugsBunny » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:58 am

TheNewEra wrote:In reality Da Carter 2 >>>>>>> Da Carter 3

The whole purpose of the Da Cater 3 was for Lil Wayne to make his transition into main stream hi-hop even at the expense of his old gritty hip hop music. Also to say Lil Wayne doesn't deserve his success is an EPIC FAIL regardless how much I don't like his recent work the guy has been putting in work for years now. When others have quit after years of sub-par sales and media buzz Wayne continued the hunt and became main stream.

If you really want to hear the art form of Wayne pick-up the Carter 2 or one of his mixtapes.

Lupe Fiasco is a beast as well.

Epic fail? LOL

Lil wayne IMO doesn't deserve the success he gets. Do you even know how many REAL rappers are better than Lil wayne? and they don't have nowhere near the same success that Lil wayne has.
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#60 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:25 am

Lil Wayne is a closet homosexual. It is pretty obvious. I have no problem with gay people, in fact I love gay people and having gay friends, but I have a severe problem with someone pretending to be something they are not. Lil Wayne pretends to be a thug, and also pretends to not be a homosexual. That is two strikes against him. When he started calling himself talented and the best rapper alive, that was strike 3.

Beasley probably likes his music though, that is the target audience. Potheads and idiots. It doesn't take skill to make a bunch of words rhyme when the lines don't make sense, no story is told, and the subject matters are that of an immature kid. Wayne is going to go Michael Jackson when he is older. He's a 20 something year old man that acts like a child. If he had enough money he prob would have bought the Neverland ranch when it went on sale. Hip hop officially died when Jay released Blueprint. Then Outkast broke up, ODB died, Eminem discovered oxy-cotton, Nas decided to start sucking for no apparent reason, and no new up and comers could bring their own new style without clearly copying a vet's style.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012

Return to The General Board