Weezy on Beasley

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

BugsBunny
Rookie
And1: 2

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#81 » by BugsBunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:33 am

Swilly3224 wrote:6 pages...and NOBODY has mentioned Chamillionaire. Pathetic

NaS>>>>Cham>>>WEezy>>>>garbage>>>>Cam

Chamillionaire. Happy?

Ransom>>>>Cham>>>>>WEezy>>>>>garbage>>>>garbage

(should of known not to say cam) *cam trolls rolls in*

:lol:
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#82 » by That Nicka » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:21 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:Cam'Ron is much worse though..Cam is out of his mind, he's the Stephon Marbury of the rap game..

:rofl:

Cant say I disagree with you
BugsBunny
Rookie

Post#83 » by BugsBunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:33 am

Funny thing is Marbury is still a good player.
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#84 » by MAQ » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:41 am

BugsBunny wrote:ARE YOU JOKING?

Man, i understand that's your opinion but come on.

"i am so high i could eat a star" ? o rly??

" S**t I Gotta Eat... Yeah, Even Though I Ate
It Ain't My Birthday But I Got My Name On the Cake" Wow, very clever, i mean look at this lyricism :roll:

"Tougher than Nigerian hair" ....Lies .....

"Tell the coppers hahahaha you can't catch 'em, you can't stop 'em
I go by them goon rules if you can't beat 'em then you pop 'em
You can't man 'em then you mop 'em,
You can't stand 'em then you drop 'em," Yeah, that's fire. :roll:

the thing about wayne is you cant really post his little 1 liners, even though it's what he lives on. if you are going to look at 1 line at a time, you have to, at the very least, look at how it was said. the way wayne puts words/lines together (his flow) is pretty good.

honestly, i agree with harlem heat 100 percent. wayne has great verses and terrible verses. you did a nice job of showing waynes problem...now look at this verse that actually makes sense.
Okay.
Respect is in the heart.
So thats where i'ma start.
And a lot of heart patients don't make it.
but hey kid
Plural
I graduated
cause you could get through anything if Magic made it.
And that was called recycling
are we reciting
something cause you just like it
so you say it just like it.
Some say its biting
but i say its enlightning
besides Dr. Kanye West is one of the brightest.
And Dr. Swizz can stitch your track up the tightest.
And Dr. Jeezy can fix you back up the nicest.
arthritis in my hand from writing.
But i'ma docter they don't understand my writing.
So i stop writing.
Now i'm like lightning.
And you ain't VINCE Young so don't clash with the Titan.
Fast and exciting.
My Passion is Frighting.
Now let me put some more Vocab in your I.V.
Here take this Vicodin
Like it and love it
and confidence has no budget so pay me no mind i don't walk like i talk it cause i'm running i don't do it cause i done it and i'm in the emergency on it...
God damn It, I lost another one...

i mean, you can find flaws in that verse too...he goes off topic a couple of times, he's boatsful, but hey, that's what wayne does. and like you like cam for putting in his harlem swag, the masses love (or hate) wayne for his cocky swag as well as his simple analogies and catchy (albeit extremely gay, and yes, this is from a wayne fan) singles.

the ability to relate to as many audiences you can is vastly overlooked when it comes to wayne, it's something he shines in.

as for who's version i liked better...i liked the beat...take that back, i liked the sample lol. wayne could have kept his verses, although i liked how he was laid back at first then got hype. another verse from cam, another instruction on how to sell coke. dont get me wrong, i loved cam. i waited a good 2 years for that purple haze album. diplomatic immunity vol 1 was a classic, at least at that time to me. come home with me was great, as well was confessions of fire. but harlem's right. cam's nuts. i think he likes the spotlight more than anything else, he honestly does remind me of starbury.

that skit on diplomatic immunity where they are askin "have you seen juelz, he buggin...he got his hair cut so it's half fade, have braids...walkin around dont call me legal no more"
that's honestly what i think of when i think of cam lol, no offense

also, props to mods for keeping this open

oh, and another thing, do you really wanna compare wayne and cam'ron on other people's beats...i mean, that's kinda where wayne honed his skill lol. he's got ton of tracks where he ripped other people's beats better than they did.

also, this isnt for you, but the carter 1 wasnt wayne's first album...it was his 4th solo album, and 7th album all around. not to mention the countless mixtapes
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
BugsBunny
Rookie

Post#85 » by BugsBunny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:16 am

maq25060 wrote:
BugsBunny wrote:ARE YOU JOKING?

Man, i understand that's your opinion but come on.

"i am so high i could eat a star" ? o rly??

" S**t I Gotta Eat... Yeah, Even Though I Ate
It Ain't My Birthday But I Got My Name On the Cake" Wow, very clever, i mean look at this lyricism :roll:

"Tougher than Nigerian hair" ....Lies .....

"Tell the coppers hahahaha you can't catch 'em, you can't stop 'em
I go by them goon rules if you can't beat 'em then you pop 'em
You can't man 'em then you mop 'em,
You can't stand 'em then you drop 'em," Yeah, that's fire. :roll:

the thing about wayne is you cant really post his little 1 liners, even though it's what he lives on. if you are going to look at 1 line at a time, you have to, at the very least, look at how it was said. the way wayne puts words/lines together (his flow) is pretty good.

honestly, i agree with harlem heat 100 percent. wayne has great verses and terrible verses. you did a nice job of showing waynes problem...now look at this verse that actually makes sense.
Okay.
Respect is in the heart.
but hey kid
Plural
I graduated
are we reciting
Some say its biting
So i stop writing.
Now i'm like lightning.
Fast and exciting.
My Passion is Frighting.
Here take this Vicodin
Like it and love it
and confidence has no budget so pay me no mind i don't walk like i talk it cause i'm running i don't do it cause i done it and i'm in the emergency on it...

i mean, you can find flaws in that verse too...he goes off topic a couple of times, he's boatsful, but hey, that's what wayne does. and like you like cam for putting in his harlem swag, the masses love (or hate) wayne for his cocky swag as well as his simple analogies and catchy (albeit extremely gay, and yes, this is from a wayne fan) singles.

the ability to relate to as many audiences you can is vastly overlooked when it comes to wayne, it's something he shines in.

as for who's version i liked better...i liked the beat...take that back, i liked the sample lol. wayne could have kept his verses, although i liked how he was laid back at first then got hype. another verse from cam, another instruction on how to sell coke. dont get me wrong, i loved cam. i waited a good 2 years for that purple haze album. diplomatic immunity vol 1 was a classic, at least at that time to me. come home with me was great, as well was confessions of fire. but harlem's right. cam's nuts. i think he likes the spotlight more than anything else, he honestly does remind me of starbury.

that skit on diplomatic immunity where they are askin "have you seen juelz, he buggin...he got his hair cut so it's half fade, have braids...walkin around dont call me legal no more"

oh, and another thing, do you really wanna compare wayne and cam'ron on other people's beats...i mean, that's kinda where wayne honed his skill lol. he's got ton of tracks where he ripped other people's beats better than they did.

also, this isnt for you, but the carter 1 wasnt wayne's first album...it was his 4th solo album, and 7th album all around. not to mention the countless mixtapes

You made some good points. I just don't understand how can people s**t on Cam the way they do. I am not saying "love his music", "cam mad nice you don't know anything". Am trying to figure out where did all the cam fans went after Purple Haze? I remember when Cam had the streets buzzing with Down and Out, then they went crazy over Get Em Girls(believe it or not LOL) no one was saying at that time Cam was trash. Today people say things like "cam just raps about bubble gum, doddy, woddy, soddy is what i do". Now for Lil wayne, do i think he's a good rapper? no i don't, but that's just my opinion. Really, at the end of the day i can't control how people feel or think, if you think Cam'Ron is the worst rapper to ever pick the mic then more power to you, am still going to buy his albums/mixtapes because i feel like he makes good music.
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#86 » by Ill » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Swilly3224 wrote:6 pages...and NOBODY has mentioned Chamillionaire. Pathetic

NaS>>>>Cham>>>WEezy>>>>garbage>>>>Cam

LOL

cham is trash
MaRcu5
Junior
And1: 1

Post#87 » by MaRcu5 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 pm

maq25060 wrote:
Okay.
Respect is in the heart.
but hey kid
Plural
I graduated
are we reciting
Some say its biting
So i stop writing.
Now i'm like lightning.
Fast and exciting.
My Passion is Frighting.
Here take this Vicodin
Like it and love it

Erm. That verse was awful. He used one syllable (ite) and wrote an entire verse. It doesn't make sense. It's just a bunch of rambling. But I will give him credit that he actually made it have a **** point by the end. :lol:

Weezy: "Hmm what rhymes with exciting? Fighting!!! Lightning! LOL WRITING!!! Recycling??!?!? KINDA? Let me pull out my rhyming dictionary to make sure! GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE."

I noticed in Let the Beat Build Wayne had absolutely nothing to talk about so he started rapping about himself at that very moment. I wear red. My fingernails are dirty. He had probably just watched I Am Legend. I'm pretty sure a competent 6th grader could write a song on the level of Lil' Wayne.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#88 » by eatyourchildren » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:09 pm

So at best, Weezy is prolific, but half his rhymes are garbage. That doesn't make for a very listenable CD.
Cam is out of his mind as well.

I'd much rather listen to Lupe or Nas or even Juelz for that matter. The things Weezy says really aren't that clever people...
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#89 » by killacalijatt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Wow now Cam and Cham are in the discussion, this is sickining
Maintstream rap is pathetic
Cham does got some ight songs though but isnt great.
Cam who?, camron is pathetic, any underground rapper can spit a hard verse
And ontop of that Ludacris gots some sick flows and vocabulary words even though half of them are made up, Ludas 10x better then Wayne

And if you want to compare artisits in the game right now

The Game,T.I, Ludacris, Young Jeezy, Kanye, >>Lil Wayne
Id put artists such as Master P, Yukmouth, especially TQ and Too Short ahead of Wayne

A sick song all you should listen to is TQ ft Krayzie Bone - Paradise
killacalijatt
General Manager

Post#90 » by killacalijatt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:24 pm

eatyourchildren wrote:I'd much rather listen to Lupe or Nas or even Juelz for that matter. The things Weezy says really aren't that clever people...

Well said, Lick the lollipop isnt clever, nore is a milli that song doesnt even ryhme its like hes just talking strraight through, i swear #1 worst hit single ever
Lupe is actually a good rapper way better then Wayne, its just he doesnt get the publicity, his ryhmes are wicked and songs actually make sence
Nas nothing needed the illmatic says it all
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#91 » by MAQ » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:37 pm

MaRcu5 wrote:
maq25060 wrote:
Okay.
Respect is in the heart.
but hey kid
Plural
I graduated
are we reciting
Some say its biting
So i stop writing.
Now i'm like lightning.
Fast and exciting.
My Passion is Frighting.
Here take this Vicodin
Like it and love it

Erm. That verse was awful. He used one syllable (ite) and wrote an entire verse. It doesn't make sense. It's just a bunch of rambling. But I will give him credit that he actually made it have a **** point by the end. :lol:

Weezy: "Hmm what rhymes with exciting? Fighting!!! Lightning! LOL WRITING!!! Recycling??!?!? KINDA? Let me pull out my rhyming dictionary to make sure! GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE."

I noticed in Let the Beat Build Wayne had absolutely nothing to talk about so he started rapping about himself at that very moment. I wear red. My fingernails are dirty. He had probably just watched I Am Legend. I'm pretty sure a competent 6th grader could write a song on the level of Lil' Wayne.

dude, do i really need to hold your hand through that verse so it makes sense for you? it honestly shouldnt be that hard...i just smell hateration from this post
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#92 » by Harry Heinous » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:42 pm

rap is so f'n terrible these days
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#93 » by Hypz » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Ok, if you want to look at lyrics, to me "Tie My Hands" exemplifies what Lil' Wayne is all about, and has my favorite lyrics on the album. He manages to make a song as if he's speaking to you, full of creative rhymes, and with some of his signature playful play of words that's not over-the-top. He sticks to the theme of overcoming adversity throughout, so you can't say he was just writing whatever came to him. Tear this one apart, haters.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/tie-my-hands ... wayne.html
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#94 » by HarlemHeat37 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:00 am

again..Lil Wayne HAS SOME GOOD SONGS and some good lyrics, he's just extremely inconsistent..

rap obviously has fallen off, mainstream AND in general..I'm a BIG Kweli and Common fan, but they've both fallen off from their primes..both trying less from a lyrical standpoint and trying to dumb it down for the mainstream..

mainstream rap speaks for itself now..Jay-Z is one of my favorites of all-time, but I'm not a big fan of his new stuff..he's down to talking about money in every song, since he doesn't really relate anymore at his age and situation..when it comes to mainstream, I stick to my 90's ****, with a sprinkle of 2000..

Lupe is my favorite right now though, my man has incredible ability to combine flow and lyricism..
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#95 » by dflash3 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:03 am

Hypz wrote:Ok, if you want to look at lyrics, to me "Tie My Hands" exemplifies what Lil' Wayne was all about, and has my favorite lyrics on the album. He managed to make a song as if he's speaking to you, full of creative rhymes, and with some of his signature playful play of words that's not over-the-top. He sticks to the theme of overcoming adversity throughout, so you can't say he was just writing whatever came to him. Tear this one apart, haters.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/tie-my-hands ... wayne.html

Good lyrics and its a thousand times better than the trash he puts out now where his voice is even raspier, since he refuses to speak normally.

If he put out music with strong lyrics instead of repetitive songs Id respect him as a rapper, but that is not the case. He has really changed from his Carter days.

And people don't hate on Wayne for no reason. Its because he puts out bad music that gets played on the radio all day long which contributes to people's dislike for him.

There's a reason Lupe Fiasco receives praise for his work while Wayne gets dumped on. And as touching as the song is Lil Wayne is more likely to rap about licking lollipops and how he is making it rain than he is to draw attention to socially relevant issues.

If he changes his style Ill be the first to become a fan of him.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#96 » by ronnymac2 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:04 am

^^^^Lupe is CRAZY. I actually got to see him perform live at a concert a few weeks ago. He's so intense with his songs. Really great.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#97 » by Storm Surge » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:12 am

Is this thread about basketball or rap music?
BugsBunny
Rookie

Post#98 » by BugsBunny » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:51 am

killacalijatt wrote:Wow now Cam and Cham are in the discussion, this is sickining
Maintstream rap is pathetic
Cham does got some ight songs though but isnt great.
Cam who?, camron is pathetic, any underground rapper can spit a hard verse
And ontop of that Ludacris gots some sick flows and vocabulary words even though half of them are made up, Ludas 10x better then Wayne

And if you want to compare artisits in the game right now

The Game,T.I, Ludacris, Young Jeezy, Kanye, >>Lil Wayne
Id put artists such as Master P, Yukmouth, especially TQ and Too Short ahead of Wayne

A sick song all you should listen to is TQ ft Krayzie Bone - Paradise

Funny, but are you sure that ANY underground rapper can spit a hard verse? LOL
killacalijatt
General Manager

Post#99 » by killacalijatt » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:37 am

I was raised off of 2pac and Bone Thugs maybe thats why I got a different perspective of rap.
Uni 5 coming soon Bizzys back Flesh is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MaRcu5
Junior

Post#100 » by MaRcu5 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 am

maq25060 wrote:
MaRcu5 wrote:

dude, do i really need to hold your hand through that verse so it makes sense for you? it honestly shouldnt be that hard...i just smell hateration from this post[/quote]

I told you I understood the verse. I hate **** music.

Return to The General Board