Adrian Peterson or Reggie Bush

High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#21 » by High 5 » Tue May 1, 2007 2:14 am

NDaATL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Stat padding.

It wasn't stat padding because he failed nearly every time.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#22 » by JoeyH » Tue May 1, 2007 2:56 am

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It wasn't stat padding because he failed nearly every time.

(in his first 8 games)

His last 8 games he had a 4.9 ypc avg and 6 rushing TDs while sharing the ball with Duece.

He had an adjustment period. This year you will have the pleasure of watching the more patient, but still explosive, Reggie Bush for a full year.
(well it won't be a pleasure for Falcons fans)
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#23 » by High 5 » Tue May 1, 2007 3:49 am

JoeyH wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

(in his first 8 games)

His last 8 games he had a 4.9 ypc avg and 6 rushing TDs while sharing the ball with Duece.

He had an adjustment period. This year you will have the pleasure of watching the more patient, but still explosive, Reggie Bush for a full year.
(well it won't be a pleasure for Falcons fans)

Those stats were inflated by 2-3 games. He can have 3-4 monster games and the rest average to terrible and that would be fine by me. When it comes to the Falcons, Reggie is one of the last players on your offense that I worry about.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#24 » by JoeyH » Tue May 1, 2007 11:32 am

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Those stats were inflated by 2-3 games. He can have 3-4 monster games and the rest average to terrible and that would be fine by me. When it comes to the Falcons, Reggie is one of the last players on your offense that I worry about.

Nope. He had only one bad game during that stretch.
ShauNx1477
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#25 » by ShauNx1477 » Wed May 2, 2007 3:09 am

Its hard to say. Reggie Bush is more speed and quickness with spins, creativity and jukes. As Adrian Peterson is also speed but power up the middle guy. For some reason I think Reggie Bush will have a better than good career but only maybe like 1 fantastic season. I see Peterson with a couple great seasons.

I say Peterson, unless he keeps getting injured.
EG4life
Junior
And1: 31

Post#26 » by EG4life » Tue May 8, 2007 1:00 am

Darren McFadden
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#27 » by mr.ankle » Fri Nov 9, 2007 7:43 pm

Bump
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#28 » by revprodeji » Fri Nov 9, 2007 7:52 pm

Nice bump
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,891
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#29 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Nov 9, 2007 8:08 pm

To be fair, if you trade these two players for each other, Reggie would have the better stat line.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
mr.ankle
Banned User

Post#30 » by mr.ankle » Fri Nov 9, 2007 8:28 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:To be fair, if you trade these two players for each other, Reggie would have the better stat line.

I doubt that .
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Nov 9, 2007 9:42 pm

Nah, I think you misunderstood, I'm not saying Reggie would top what Peterson has done so far, but if AD was in New Orleans, he wouldn't even be close to 1000 yards, and Reggie would have more in Minnesota.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#32 » by Ayt » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:37 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Nah, I think you misunderstood, I'm not saying Reggie would top what Peterson has done so far, but if AD was in New Orleans, he wouldn't even be close to 1000 yards, and Reggie would have more in Minnesota.

I doubt that.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:00 pm

If you believe that he would be over 1000 in New Orleans, then nothing else needs to be discussed, that's just completely ignorant.
mr.ankle
Banned User

Post#34 » by mr.ankle » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:51 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:If you believe that he would be over 1000 in New Orleans, then nothing else needs to be discussed, that's just completely ignorant.

What are you talking about Deuce McAllister average 1000 yards last year . You have to be a big time homer to think Reggie Bush is Better than Adrian Peterson .
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:05 am

Deuce got 1000 yards in 16 games.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#36 » by wetsthebed » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 pm

I'd take Peterson without a second though. Reggie's overrated.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,441

Post#37 » by CBS7 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:40 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Nah, I think you misunderstood, I'm not saying Reggie would top what Peterson has done so far, but if AD was in New Orleans, he wouldn't even be close to 1000 yards, and Reggie would have more in Minnesota.

I disagree.

I don't think he'd get 1000 in NO, but I still think he'd have way more rushing yards then Bush and a better stat line overall. (Bush wouldn't be as good a reciever with no one at QB).
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:11 pm

^^Possible.

I'd love to have Adrian's rushing ability in our offense, but I'm not sure Sean Payton even knows how to use it.

Especially looking at how Peterson's games have gone, if he is say 11 rushes for 40 yards, Payton is giving up on the run. He won't give Peterson a chance to explode.

He doesn't allow a running back to establish any type of rhythm at all, if Peterson were to get stuffed a few times(and he would behind our line) he's kind of give up.

He would utilize Peterson in the flats though, where he is quite underrated.

Peterson is clearly the better pure runner, it's really not up for debate IMO, but the scheme and personnel on the Saint's does absolutely nothing to allow us to see how big the gap really is.

Payton won't even keep going to a running back when they are hot, which is another reason Peterson's stats would be handicapped.

Take the Seattle game for instance. Bush had like 17 carries for 92 yards or something similar at halftime, and we had a comfortable lead the entire game. during the second half, Bush carried the ball 2 more times, on 3rd and long draw plays that really had no shot.....

he ended with 19 carries for 94 yards or some ****. He was gashing the defense all day, and could have had a huge statistical game, but Payton is absolutely enamored with throwing the ball.

And to that point, he really doesn't use Reggie down field enough. Reggie is a terrific check down guy, but I want to see him have some down field plays drawn up for him ala the Bears game.

I man love both guys, Peterson is like Deuce McAllister with elite explosiveness, just a guy seeking contact and dealing punishment.

Reggie is like a Marshall Faulk type, with more top end speed, and even better ability as a WR.

Really like what I see in the future for both guys, but at this point, if you have to select one to build a team, you have to take Peterson, unless you are scared off by injury concerns(I'm not).
Reks
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#39 » by Reks » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ZOK8okDRA

Adrain Peterson because he hasn't crawled off a field yet
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
mr.ankle
Banned User

Post#40 » by mr.ankle » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:39 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:^^Possible.

I'd love to have Adrian's rushing ability in our offense, but I'm not sure Sean Payton even knows how to use it.

Especially looking at how Peterson's games have gone, if he is say 11 rushes for 40 yards, Payton is giving up on the run. He won't give Peterson a chance to explode.

He doesn't allow a running back to establish any type of rhythm at all, if Peterson were to get stuffed a few times(and he would behind our line) he's kind of give up.

He would utilize Peterson in the flats though, where he is quite underrated.

Peterson is clearly the better pure runner, it's really not up for debate IMO, but the scheme and personnel on the Saint's does absolutely nothing to allow us to see how big the gap really is.

Payton won't even keep going to a running back when they are hot, which is another reason Peterson's stats would be handicapped.

Take the Seattle game for instance. Bush had like 17 carries for 92 yards or something similar at halftime, and we had a comfortable lead the entire game. during the second half, Bush carried the ball 2 more times, on 3rd and long draw plays that really had no shot.....

he ended with 19 carries for 94 yards or some ****. He was gashing the defense all day, and could have had a huge statistical game, but Payton is absolutely enamored with throwing the ball.

And to that point, he really doesn't use Reggie down field enough. Reggie is a terrific check down guy, but I want to see him have some down field plays drawn up for him ala the Bears game.

I man love both guys, Peterson is like Deuce McAllister with elite explosiveness, just a guy seeking contact and dealing punishment.

Reggie is like a Marshall Faulk type, with more top end speed, and even better ability as a WR.

Really like what I see in the future for both guys, but at this point, if you have to select one to build a team, you have to take Peterson, unless you are scared off by injury concerns(I'm not).

Peterson will be alot bettter than Deuce Mcallister . From what seen so far he has the Potential to be the next Barry Sanders .

Return to Player Comparisons