Busts and Sleepers

UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Busts and Sleepers 

Post#1 » by UKF » Wed May 16, 2007 6:25 am

Who do you think will be the Busts(Randy Moss) and Sleepers(Maurice Jones Drew) in this upcoming season. We are doing both offense and defense. The Offense will be all positions including 0-line and Kicker, if you want,idk. Just name the Defensive teams or players if you like and give your reasoning for both offense and defense. Ill get more into it 2maro cus i set it up and gave my reasoning and stuff but it all got deleted...

-Busts-
Offense:
McNabb-He lost his best WR and the Eagles just drafted a QB with one of there first picks, it will be interesting to see how this one works out
Vince Young-Madden cover...nuf said
Joe Horn:he left NO and he will regret it after he realizes Vick wont be able to get him the ball...$<win

Defense:
Joey Porter I dont think he lives up to the sign but I definitly dont think he will hurt Miami.

-Sleepers-
Offense:
Leinart-I think he figures out how to get the ball to the best WR one2 combo in the league.
Stallworth-Showed what he could do with McNabb, but now in NE with Brady and Belichek they find him the ball

Defense:
Niners-They made some big signs on the defensive end: Banta-Cain, M.Lewis, Nate Clements, Patrick Willis with the tenth pick, and Brandon Moore + Manny Lawson showed what they could do....will be interesting to see what they do.
Sapp-He lost 50 lbs, you could look at it and think that he wont make the right adjustment but I believe he will get it down by the first week of reg. season
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Re: Busts and Sleepers 

Post#2 » by sunshinekids99 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:10 am

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:Who do you think will be the Busts(Randy Moss) and Sleepers(Maurice Jones Drew) in this upcoming season. We are doing both offense and defense. The Offense will be all positions including 0-line and Kicker, if you want,idk. Just name the Defensive teams or players if you like and give your reasoning for both offense and defense. Ill get more into it 2maro cus i set it up and gave my reasoning and stuff but it all got deleted...

-Busts-
Offense: McNabb, Vince Young

Defense: Joey Porter sign,

-Sleepers-
Offense: Leinart, Stallworth

Defense: Niners, Sapp

Can Moss really have a worse season than last year?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 17, 2007 1:46 am

sunshinekids99 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oakland likes to believe his skills have diminished.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by UKF » Thu May 17, 2007 1:55 am

sunshinekids99 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Those were my examples of last year, Moss was a bust and Jones-Drew was a sleeper.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#5 » by Icness » Thu May 17, 2007 3:29 am

I think TJ Duckett has a great chance to be a sleeper with the Lions. He's in great shape and their OL added two very nasty run-blocking Gs for him to plow behind. Might not get more than about 10 carries a game but I could see him getting 4.5 ypc and 6-8 TDs.

Kenny Irons with the Bengals would be the 4th rookie I'd draft overall fantasy-wise, after Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, and Dwayne Bowe. He's going to get his chances and he's electric on screens and checkdowns. He's going to get a shot at KR too. He's also got a fair chance to be a complete waste too--which is why I almost never draft rookies in fantasy leagues.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#6 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 17, 2007 1:13 pm

From a fantasy standpoint, I like Jamal Lewis in Cleveland. The Browns had a pretty crappy red zone offense last season and while Lewis is no premier back, he's pretty durable and should see a lot of goal-line carries.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#7 » by High 5 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:Joe Horn:he left NO and he will regret it after he realizes Vick wont be able to get him the ball...$<win

The only way Vick won't be able to get him the ball is if he's suspended or Horn is hurt. Vick has been able to get the ball consistently to the only two reliable receivers he has had, Crumpler (perennial Pro Bowler) and Finneran.

And as long as the Falcons aren't killed with injuries for the 3rd year in a row, Horn can have wins and $$$. Of course, the season hasn't even started and we've already had too many serious injuries.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#8 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 17, 2007 6:39 pm

High 5 wrote: Of course, the season hasn't even started and we've already had too many serious injuries.

And that's just counting the dogs...
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#9 » by Icness » Thu May 17, 2007 6:45 pm

Jamal Lewis is a good pick. That Browns OL could be quite good if healthy, and they have enough weaponry outside in Edwards, KII and Jurevicius to make teams pay if they stack the box. Of course they're likely to be trailing 20-10 at halftime every week, so his opportunities might be limited...
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by lpsevier » Thu May 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And that's just counting the dogs...

Yahtzee! :(
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by UKF » Thu May 17, 2007 11:18 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
The only way Vick won't be able to get him the ball is if he's suspended or Horn is hurt. Vick has been able to get the ball consistently to the only two reliable receivers he has had, Crumpler (perennial Pro Bowler) and Finneran.

Vick hasnt done anything to special with Finneran, Crumpler yes but thats has a lot to do with him getting out of the pocket and dumping it off to him. Im rooting for Vick but I dont think Horn will be the guy many ATL fans want him to be.
High 5
RealGM

Post#12 » by High 5 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:15 am

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Vick hasnt done anything to special with Finneran, Crumpler yes but thats has a lot to do with him getting out of the pocket and dumping it off to him. Im rooting for Vick but I dont think Horn will be the guy many ATL fans want him to be.

That's an extremely false statement. And I don't know anyone who is expecting Horn to be a Pro Bowler, just a consistent, reliable leader. We don't need a 1,000 yard receiver, just one that can catch the ball when it hits them in the hands. Horn is certainly capable of that.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#13 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri May 18, 2007 12:18 am

That's an extremely false statement. And I don't know anyone who is expecting Horn to be a Pro Bowler, just a consistent, reliable leader. We don't need a 1,000 yard receiver, just one that can catch the ball when it hits them in the hands. Horn is certainly capable of that.

If Horn is healthy, he is very much capable of 1000+

Health is an issue, but he is still a terrific receiver, who never relied on physical tools to get it done, so age isn't really going to change that.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by UKF » Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 am

I guess I cant explain it, I think he will regret leaving NO and will figure out that he is better off having Drew Brees throing him the ball than a out of the pocket qb in Vick.
High 5
RealGM

Post#15 » by High 5 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 am

That's all you had to say. But I don't think he'll regret leaving NO. He felt disrespected by Payton and the FO.
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by UKF » Fri May 18, 2007 10:57 pm

How do you think Willis McGahee will do? Im cant seem to put my finger on this one, as of now I could go either way.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Pierce 4 3 » Sat May 19, 2007 1:30 am

for the argument on the moss thing, moss can't go talkin crap, actin like a baby back biotch, and has the potential to have a monster year because since he's a one man army if he tries to act like a biotch he most likely will just cut the crap, and since brady's the QB and maroney in the run game, stallworth on the other side and welker at slot to spread out everything, moss will have a monster year.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#18 » by Icness » Tue May 22, 2007 8:02 pm

A few more that have sprung to mind...
Sleepers:
Jermaine Wiggins, TE, JAX. Reported to camp at 255, well below his playing weight in Minny. Reunited with Mike Tice, under whom he produced a couple of pretty good seasons, and he's far and away the best hands on his new team. I expect numbers close to his 04-05 seasons, something along the lines of 65 catches for 700 yards and 5 TDs.

Leon Williams, LB, CLE. Will be a starter at ILB and will most likely play inside Wimbley, which means he'll get lots of tackle opportunities. He was the best player on the Browns D over the last month of 2006. IMO he'll be a better LB than D'Qwell Jackson, and I like Jackson too.

Tim Jennings, CB, Indy. Should earn Nick Harper's old job. I thought he was a 2nd round steal in 2006 and the Colts really like him. He's strictly a cover guy and he's too short to rack up INTs like crazy, but he could wind up with 20 PDs and 5 INTs while making life miserable for undersized split ends.

Busts:
Ronnie Brown, RB, Miami. Bad OL + Bad QB + Middling WRs + Anonymous TEs = huge bust year (yet another one!) for Ronnie Brown and also Lorenzo Booker. Unless Ginn is great right away and Culpepper does a mean Chad Pennington impression, that offense is going to struggle as badly as Oakland's did last year.

Alex Smith, QB, SF. Not that he's going to lose his job or be awful, but beware the thinking that he's making a leap forward this year. His top 2 WRs (Leile and Jackson) are both selfish head cases with nasty cases of the droppsies. He lost QB guru Norv Turner. Look up QBs who played under Norv and then how they did the year after he left. Not one team has come within 15 QB ratings points of the prior year, including Troy Aikman or Jim Everett at comparable points of their careers. Both those guys had much better supporting casts too.
bech01a1
Senior

Post#19 » by bech01a1 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:Who do you think will be the Busts(Randy Moss) and Sleepers(Maurice Jones Drew) in this upcoming season. We are doing both offense and defense. The Offense will be all positions including 0-line and Kicker, if you want,idk. Just name the Defensive teams or players if you like and give your reasoning for both offense and defense. Ill get more into it 2maro cus i set it up and gave my reasoning and stuff but it all got deleted...

-Busts-
Offense:
McNabb-He lost his best WR and the Eagles just drafted a QB with one of there first picks, it will be interesting to see how this one works out
Vince Young-Madden cover...nuf said
Joe Horn:he left NO and he will regret it after he realizes Vick wont be able to get him the ball...$<win

Defense:
Joey Porter I dont think he lives up to the sign but I definitly dont think he will hurt Miami.

-Sleepers-
Offense:
Leinart-I think he figures out how to get the ball to the best WR one2 combo in the league.
Stallworth-Showed what he could do with McNabb, but now in NE with Brady and Belichek they find him the ball

Defense:
Niners-They made some big signs on the defensive end: Banta-Cain, M.Lewis, Nate Clements, Patrick Willis with the tenth pick, and Brandon Moore + Manny Lawson showed what they could do....will be interesting to see what they do.
Sapp-He lost 50 lbs, you could look at it and think that he wont make the right adjustment but I believe he will get it down by the first week of reg. season

I gotta disagree with the "best WR" comment for McNabb. Stallworth's 38 receptions will be pretty easily replaced. McNabb had some great seasons with James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his starters. I'll take Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis all day long. Kevin Curtis will have better numbers this year than Donte did with the eagles.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#20 » by Fatty » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:56 pm

Sleepers
Reggie Brown WR PHI: Last year improved dramatically and has good hands and runs good routes.

Michael Roos LT TEN Him and Jason Peters are some of the best young LT in the league and next year could be on par with Marcus McNeil

Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson S BUF with Buffalo playing a Cover-2 base D Simpson and Whitner will have phenomenal years

Busts
Ronnie Brown RB MIA One of the worst O-lines in the NFL blocking for an average running back

Return to Player Comparisons