Welcome to the Kansas City Chiefs Boards!

J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Welcome to the Kansas City Chiefs Boards! 

Post#1 » by J.Kim » Sun Apr 1, 2007 10:12 pm

Welcome to the Chiefs boards!

I will be your interim moderator, and until we find a suitable candidate, you'll have to make due with a Titans fan as your moderator for now. :D

The Chiefs look to be poised to make another run at the playoffs this year, with a fine campaign last season, culminating in the dissapointing loss to the Colts in the playoffs. Hopefully with the addition of Napoleon Harris, Donnie Edwards, and with the additions to be made through the Draft, they can repeat last year's performance and hopefully make it further into the playoffs!

As always, there's always boundaries to fun, so here are RealGM's Terms of Use:
http://realgm.com/src_terms.php

We expect everyone to abide by it when posting on this board.

As well, we expect everyone to follow a couple of other rules, not in the Terms of Use. Those are:

1. Don't Troll. A little trash talk is fun once in a while, between division rivals especially, but know where to draw the line, and know when to stop posting offensive material.

2. Don't bypass the word filter. There's a reason why the word was included in the filter in the first place.

3. Don't backseat moderate. We'll take care of posts that are not related to the Chiefs, we'll take care of trolls, we'll take care of highly offensive material, we'll do all the work. All you guys have to do is post and Report whatever you guys deem is inappropriate, by clicking the button next to Quote. We'll take care of everything, so please don't backseat moderate.

4. But most of all, Have fun!
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#2 » by count55 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:36 pm

Hello to all.

I'm taking over as your moderator as we try to build up your Kansas City Chief's forum. J.Kim did a great job of laying out all of the do's and don't's of the site, so I'm just going to tell you a little about myself and let you know what I'm going to try to do with the board over the summer.

Like J.Kim, the Chiefs are not my team. I'm a lifetime resident of Indianapolis and Colts fan. (Please don't throw stones.) I have a great deal of respect for the Chiefs and their traditions.

I've also had the pleasure to spend a little time in KC as my previous business had a plant in North Kansas City. Though I don't miss the company, I do miss the visits to your fair city. I miss Oklahoma Joe' barbeque and Minsky's pizza and the fact it was next to impossible to find a bad cut of steak.

Starting this weekend, I'm going to start trying to create some threads that will hopefully generate some more traffic here. I know it will be slow over the summer, but I'm hopeful that we'll be at full speed by the time the season starts.

My full-time moderator job is on the Indiana Pacers board. We've been very successful in creating a great community there. It's not the biggest board by any stretch of the imagination, but we've got a good group of regulars who are pretty tight. Trust me when I say that the board kept us sane during a very frustrating, disastrous season.

I'm hopeful that we'll start getting some hard-core Chief fan traffic on the board. I can bring the ideas, but only you guys can bring the real passion. So, don't be shy. Post your thoughts. Tell your friends.

I'm looking forward to helping you guys get this board up and running.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Welcome to the Kansas City Chiefs Boards! 

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:07 pm

Same here. Grew up a Cowboys fan but the Chiefs have always been my favorite AFC team. Now that Mahomes is the QB, I'm all in !!!!!

Return to Kansas City Chiefs