ImageImage

Brian Anderson Sucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#21 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:00 am

Mags FTW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Which one is behind, the radio or the dish? If it's the dish, they make a little thing you can hook up to your radio that can delay it to match your TV. It's $150 though, so I guess the question is how much is your hatred of Brian Anderson worth? It would also come in handy when some morons (Brian Baldinger) are calling a Packer game too. Or better yet, when that boring; idiotic woman is calling Badger football games on ESPN2.
http://www.delayplay.com/

Fixed.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#22 » by xTitan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:52 pm

I think Anderson has a very dry sense of humor that will show more and more as he gets comfortable with Schroeder. I will give him the benefit of the doubt...the cheerleading, company apologizing, Sutton just wore me down after awhile.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#23 » by Buck You » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:54 pm

Yeah, that woman is annoying calling badger games. Brian Anderson makes a ton of mistakes and on home runs he takes a long time to realize it was a home run. He is really soft like, "high fly ball to right field............ THAT BALL IS A HOME RUN!" Now, i guess it's alright but he is never entusiastic. Darron's home run calls were always great, his other calls may not have been but his home run calls were always great. Anderson is just there, he's nothing special.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#24 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:23 pm

I'm telling ya guys, go to the Diamondbacks website and listen to a clip of Darron. He sounds really bad there.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Re: Brian Anderson Sucks 

Post#25 » by livestrong4ever » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I can't stand this guy. I know it takes time to build up a partnership on air. But he's just awful.

A few minutes ago when the pitching change was made to go to Wise, Anderson said as they went to commercial "The question is whether Wise will be pitching to Derek Lee". Yeah Brian, Lou is going to pinch hit for Derek. :roll:

You can tell this clown used to be on the Golf Channel. He's boring as hell. And doesn't seem to know much about baseball.

Wasn't he talking about if they were going to walk lee. If i remember correctly i think it was.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#26 » by fam3381 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Yeah, Anderson's plain bland and I prefer my play-by-play guys to at least appear more knowledgeable about the game than me. I always liked Sutton, which makes it worse IMO.

Still, I'd rather hear Anderson than listen to Len Kasper and Brenley whine about every call in a Cubs game...thanks, MLB.tv!
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#27 » by fam3381 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:50 pm

JoeJohnson2two wrote:I'm glad I live in Ohio and get to hear the really great announcers the Reds have. I love watching the Reds (1) because of Josh Hamilton, obviously and (2) their announcing is high quality.

I grew up listening to Thom Brenneman on WGN tv/radio (I liked Sandberg and the Cubs growing up) and always remember liking him.

But ever since he's been at Fox, and now listening to some of his Reds games this year, he just seems like a huge blowhard. I know he's knowledgeable, but I just find his commentary obnoxious. Brantley is frustrating because he's not afraid to say what he wants, but sometimes his old school baseball cliche garbage wears thin.

I LOVE the occasional games that aren't broadcast on FSN because MLB.tv sometimes syncs Uecker/Powell's radio with the stadium video. So great!
goirish2107
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#28 » by goirish2107 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:16 pm

I'm an anderson fan...i think he's plenty knowledgable, he played ball in college so he knows the game. also called minor league. he was on wssp today and said that he was trying to 'build a foundation' and now he's working on 'getting the sheet rock on'...whatever that means.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,341

Post#29 » by dedned » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:46 pm

sutton sucked. dude would just annoy me. anderson is 100 times better. maybe a thousand times.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#30 » by ACGB » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 am

at least we don't have to hear "LETS GET SOME RUNS!!!!!!!" anymore
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#31 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:40 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:I'm telling ya guys, go to the Diamondbacks website and listen to a clip of Darron. He sounds really bad there.

It must be the dry heat and the hard infield dirt because Daron wasn't bad when he was with the Brewers.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#32 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:41 am

ALLCAPSGOBUCKS wrote:at least we don't have to hear "LETS GET SOME RUNS!!!!!!!" anymore

Bill Hall GETS IT DONE!!!

Goodnight, Wisconsin
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers