David Lee

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User
And1: 0

David Lee 

Post#1 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:32 pm

In the last few weeks hes been putting up nightly double doubles. We no longer have to adjust his stats to per 48 as he is getting plenty of minutes right now. What is his ceiling? Is there any chance he becomes an all star in the future. His play has been so good that he is now set to command at least a 6 year 60 million contract. The Knicks have to keep him he is just too valuable now. His new contract will cut intot he Knicks 2010 free agency. Curry is absolutely expendable at this point and should be traded for peanuts and cap space. Make it happen Donnie Walsh. Knicks game are actually entertaining again. Duhon is a starter and not just a backup. Quentin has been reuvenated. Harrington is excited about playing in NY. Team outlook is pretty good.

Is David lee the MIP
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: David Lee 

Post#2 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:35 pm

He'll get a lot of MIP votes if he keeps this up, but I think Knicks will trade him in package with Curry if an opportunity comes along. No way they're paying 10 million per season. The most I could see is they give 7 million per year.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#3 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:38 pm

Erick Dampier makes 10 mil a season and Rasho makes 8.5 million. If you were david Lee's agent and dint get him at least 10 mil per you suck at your job. Averaging a double gets you 10 mil a year easily.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:39 pm

In the 2 games he's played against the Cavaliers (the only times I've watched the Knicks this season) the vast majority of his stats are completely meaningless. As people have been pointing out there are player whos stats are not indicative of how they play, I think that Lees stars greatly inflate his importance. And to make things worse, he's useless on defense. But, I do think someone is going to overpay him as a free agent.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#5 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:40 pm

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:Erick Dampier makes 10 mil a season and Rasho makes 8.5 million. If you were david Lee's agent and dint get him at least 10 mil per you suck at your job. Averaging a double gets you 10 mil a year easily.

But not with the Knicks, not in this situation. And it doesn't help that he plays poor defense.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#6 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:42 pm

Seems like Lee is becoming a NY legend. The fans absolutely love him. There will be complete mutiny if he were traded or not signed at his market value
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#7 » by Flash3 » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:42 pm

Lee = Udonis Haslem
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#8 » by supergallinari » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:43 pm

Flash3 wrote:Lee = Udonis Haslem

who is udonis haslem?
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#9 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:47 pm

Udonis is making 7.1 mil this season and actually plays better D and Id assume is much tougher minded, 06 playoffs. Lee and Haslem may put up identical numbers but Lee has the golden boy of the garden thing working in his favor. He and the hope of landing a big free agent are the only things that keep Knick fans not lose faith. The Knicks need him just to appease their fans. He will be able to command much more then Udonis would ever be able to even if their stats are identical.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#10 » by Rocky5000 » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:53 pm

Dude's D is still horrible. I think maybe he picked up a few tricks from playing with Randolph on the best ways to put up empty stats.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#11 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:01 pm

Well you know Dantoni couldn't care less about D so he works well in NY. The guy hussles which is soemthing that has been alcking from NY basketball and thats why the fans love him. For now if he can get 37 and 22 against an NBA team Ill take him even with his limited D.
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by NYKnick87 » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:20 pm

Lee's defense sucks. But he is still a valuable player under the right circumstances. His hustle and energy can only be matched by a few in this league. Doesn't have much of an offensive game, but if his opponent doesn't put a body on him, Lee will do some damage. The great thing about him is that he doesn't need plays to be run for him to score the ball. I don't know the exact numbers, but he's been putting up some monster numbers since Zach got traded. When starting at center, his averages are 19 ppg, 14 rpg, and 2 apg in 39 minutes. He is also shooting 59% from the field. Inflated or not, those numbers are legit. Any team would be crazy to not want him. Despite his poor defense, his hustle and basketball IQ gives the team many extra possessions.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#13 » by NetsForce » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:46 pm

His stats are inflated, he's a decent player but not a great one.

Also NYKnick87, pace adjust those numbers and compare them to other centers around the league...

I have a pace-adjusted spreadsheet that I used to compare all of the starting eastern conference centers about a week ago and Lee isn't doing anything that amazing IMO.

Actually I take that back, Lee's pace-adjusted per 48 bpg average is: 0.42

That's got to be among the worst in the league for all big men...
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#14 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:52 pm

Let me guess Josh Boone, Yi, and Sean Williams are all twice the players that Lee is. All of your posts are negative.. I shouldn't expect any non negative posts from you. You are the official Realgm hater of the year. Congrats
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#15 » by MrCheerios » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:53 pm

They should trade him along with Curry to Memphis for their lotto pick + Darko. Trading him to OKC would be better. Getting quality FA's in 2010 is the goal, and extending Lee while Curry's contract is still on the books does not help. Lee's also a PF, which won't work if the knicks are able to get Bosh or Amare.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User

Post#16 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:56 pm

MrCheerios wrote:They should trade him along with Curry to Memphis for their lotto pick + Darko. Trading him to OKC would be better. Getting quality FA's in 2010 is the goal, and extending Lee while Curry's contract is still on the books does not help. Lee's also a PF, which won't work if the knicks are able to get Bosh or Amare.

Huh didnt Amare play C for the suns and isnt Lee playing center now for the Knicks? Lee and Amare would work great. Amare you run plays for and Lee is the hussler and clean up guy. Dantoni doesnt need defense.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#17 » by farzi » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:57 pm

Flash3 wrote:Lee = Udonis Haslem

Lee is a lot better than Haslem
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#18 » by NYKnick87 » Sun Dec 7, 2008 8:59 pm

NetsForce wrote:His stats are inflated, he's a decent player but not a great one.

Also NYKnick87, pace adjust those numbers and compare them to other centers around the league...

I have a pace-adjusted spreadsheet that I used to compare all of the starting eastern conference centers about a week ago and Lee isn't doing anything that amazing IMO.

Actually I take that back, Lee's pace-adjusted per 48 bpg average is: 0.42

That's got to be among the worst in the league for all big men...

Pace adjusted stats don't mean anything when it comes to Lee. This guy will get his no matter what. He's proved that ever since he came into the league. Of course D'Antoni's system will boost his numbers a bit, but he'd still be boarding an insane amount. The bigger and more athletic Amare couldn't even hit the glass like Lee in the same system. Also, your blocks per 48 stat isn't really telling us anything we don't know - he sucks at D and isn't a shotblocker in any sense of the imagination. And anyway, blocks aren't necessarily an indicator of whether or not a person is a good defender or not. Amare and Dalembert both can block shots but both suck at D.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#19 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Dec 7, 2008 9:02 pm

Memphis would have to be the dumbest franchise in the league to trade a lottery pick and take on Curry.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#20 » by supergallinari » Sun Dec 7, 2008 9:04 pm

yea memphis should trade their 2010 pick since their 2009 will be a high lotto pick

mayo
2009 lotto pick
gay
lee/arthur
gasol/curry

not bad

Return to The General Board