ImageImageImageImageImage

Metaphysical Analysis Thread-- (Loopy Wingnut thread 2)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Re: Metaphysical Analysis Thread-- (Loopy Wingnut thread 2) 

Post#21 » by doclinkin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Recap from memory (will re-edit later):

Gil. Capricorn 1/6 (?) Substantiation. The self as the evident manifiestation of the wonders of the universe.

Caron. Pisc. Fateful Moment or something. Best success when some early struggle/crisis galvanizes them to lifelong mission.

Tawn. Gemini. Bouyant optimism. Never give up, ever, it will all turn out alright. Willing to lead by example more than advise, will let you sink yourself if you aren't doing right. That's on you buddy.

Haywood: Sagi. electrifying excitement. Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Lee. Anger plays a role, often act as lightning rod for trouble. No poker face, body language expresses everything.

Nick Young. Gemini/Canc. (I forget) Marylin Monroe. Concerned with public appearance, publicly open but secretly a private person. masters of imitation/learn technical skills by watching & mimicing.

DMac vir or virgo/libra cusp. Do things their own way, own distinct style, often rejecting established methods, but desire is to be recognized by their peers.

JCritt. Capricorn.

Dray. Leo. Bill Parcells, Norman Schwartzkopf. Suddenly out of nowhere put it together all at once. Leadership skills.

DSteve. I forget. Often sacrifice self for the good of a group. But eventually may get upset if this sacrifice isn't recognized. Loyal.

DSong. Aquarius. Cool Quip. Rip Hamilton, Cool under fire, things slow down for them when things are hectic, they know what to do, see it. Quietly sarcastic and funny.

Etan Taurus

Opec. Leo?

JDix, forget. Virg? breakthrough?

Mike'Jack'James, Dunno.
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#22 » by go'stags » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Doc, if you have time I would be interested in Abe Pollin's.
LyricalRico wrote:
Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#23 » by doclinkin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Abe, Day of ingenuity. Will add more when I have time. Making money isn't as important as devoting yourself to an obscure hobby. They don't think like everybody else, often unpredictable.

Reminding myself to look up Pitt's rolypoly fireplug rebounding demon DeJuan Blair.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#24 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:21 am

doclinkin wrote:Talented Bigs:

Marreese Speights (8/4 Leo) 6'10" 245 lb PF/C Day of the Guiding Light:
Clever, quick, elusive; oblivious, hot-headed, undiplomatic. Not cut out to be leaders, but they make their presence felt opinions known. Often useful to the group for a period of time in a symbolic role perfectly represent it's hopes, ideals. Restless, active, like to go their own way. Hotheaded when encountering resistance. Tent to revolt against the system, disruptive, unless overthrowing the system is what the organization is about. Adept at avoiding punishment, not getting caught. Exert influence through physical presence, masterful at sizing up their environment, respond quickly decisively. Tend to think themselves invulnerable and get into dangerous situations.

Darrell Arthur (11/10 Scorpio) 6'9 215 lb forward Day of Metamorphosis:
Creative, self-assured, attractive; particular, repetitive. Take a long time to change, but are constantly on a long slow process of change. Endlessly searching for a way to improve and create. Overly critical not easily satisfied. Lacking some social understanding. Not the highest self-confidence. (Kendrick Perkins, Craig Smith)

Obama's birthday is 8.4.61

Bush was July 6th
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#25 » by BanndNDC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:51 am

everytime i look at this thread (and that amazing book) i am shocked by how accurate it generally is. the rational part of my mind reminds me that it's just for fun but the other side...

it really makes one think about the whole predestination thing and lost knowledge.
Until Grunfeld goes there is no rebuild.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#26 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:04 am

BanndNDC wrote:it really makes one think about the whole predestination thing and lost knowledge.

See, with me, I just like being oblivious to these things.

Life's short. I don't need any more crap to worry about.
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by BanndNDC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:18 am

hands11 wrote:Obama's birthday is 8.4.61

Bush was July 6th

looked em' up on google books. dont want to steal doc's thunder but i couldnt wait. so here's the super short version to hold you over until doc does the proper one.

Bush (july 6)
- the day of magnetic desire
single minded/fixated/obsessive. prone to addictions. decisions are less like choices and more like inevitabilities. the fixation tends to override consideration of different ideas and thought. doesn't dwell on the immediate past.

and tends to have regret later in life

Obama (august 4)
- the day of the guiding light
often thought of as the guiding light of their social group (regardless of leadership role) and tend to represent its aspirations and ideals (both figuratively and literally in their physical appearance). tend to be in revolt against established systems. quick and clever. adept at avoiding punishment and censure. masterful at sizing up environments.

damn that book is good.
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by BanndNDC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:23 am

miller31time wrote:
BanndNDC wrote:it really makes one think about the whole predestination thing and lost knowledge.

See, with me, I just like being oblivious to these things.

Life's short. I don't need any more crap to worry about.

true and that's probably in there.

but mine says im big on impossibly large and complex projects, obsessive/compulsive and fascinated by coincidence and symmetry so i guess i cant help it.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#29 » by doclinkin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:52 pm

BanndNDC wrote:
hands11 wrote:Obama's birthday is 8.4.61

Bush was July 6th

looked em' up on google books. dont want to steal doc's thunder but i couldnt wait. so here's the super short version to hold you over until doc does the proper one.
[zip]
damn that book is good.

I know right? By all means feel free to post this stuff, you'd be stealing my thunder if I wrote the book, I'm just a wonderstruck bystander. And I seem to have less and less time to re-cap anyway, feel free to paraphrase etc.

I have plausible sounding theories of why astrology etc should work if there were a scientific basis for it (my foetal brain phase development and weak force theorum-- f'rinstance) but in any case in a Universe where we can't find 90% of the mass that should exist seems to me there's no point getting cocky and dismissing something that shows occasionally surprising 'insight'.

Or not. Some people function best the less they wonder about things.
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by BanndNDC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:31 pm

doclinkin wrote:I know right?

seriously. obama and bush's are both spot on (regardless of one's politics they gotta agree on that point). analyzing it, it even says that obama's position will be short lived if he doesnt continue to be about change (something i hope he heeds) and catches the whole cipher thing. while with bush it predicted the whole problem of not having a post-invasion plan for iraq.

I have plausible sounding theories of why astrology etc should work if there were a scientific basis for it (my foetal brain phase development and weak force theorum-- f'rinstance) but in any case in a Universe where we can't find 90% of the mass that should exist seems to me there's no point getting cocky and dismissing something that shows occasionally surprising 'insight'.

yeah, there's something out there we just can't see. i tend to go with the whole lost knowledge thing. our ancestors all spent generations focusing on this stuff. assuming that we know everything now and everything from the past was wrong just seems a bit short sighted to me.

Or not. Some people function best the less they wonder about things.

i've always said, ignorance isn't bliss it's just boring. but then again that damn book says i tend to be contrarian.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#31 » by hands11 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:08 am

BanndNDC wrote:everytime i look at this thread (and that amazing book) i am shocked by how accurate it generally is. the rational part of my mind reminds me that it's just for fun but the other side...

it really makes one think about the whole predestination thing and lost knowledge.

Where are you getting this stuff because it's freaky.

My birthday has been posted and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

How about doing this on other members here.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#32 » by doclinkin » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:00 am

doclinkin wrote:
Reminding myself to look up Pitt's rolypoly fireplug rebounding demon DeJuan Blair.

DeJuan Blair 4/22 Aries-Taur cusp. Day of Established Presence.

Know the secret of how to work hard in a relaxed way. Enormous talent for organizing social functions, even if they are loners themselves. Few problems with co-workers, may become frsutrated/depressed if they do an excellent job for overcritical employer, unrecognized. That's unlikely anyway: Powerful, down to earth, imposing physical presence and strong human qualities. Greatest challenge is to control urge for power. Overbearing power-trip, if highly evolved will remain humble. Excellent organizers. Knowing when to quit is not easy, causes mental anguish. Food and sensuality is key, but overexercise should be avoided.

Day shared with Spencer Haywood, also: Vladimir Lenin, Jack Nicholson, Charles Mingus, Dr Robt Oppenheimer (father of the atomic bomb)...
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#33 » by doclinkin » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:02 am

doclinkin wrote:Quick thumbnails of top candidates in the meta-draft, to be edited/expanded later:

James Harden 8/26 Vir1 "Supportive Partner'
Team players, happy to work behind the scenes, occasionally as moving force behind a group. Team players, may take satisfaction in remaining anonymous, doing their work without ego or interference, even unnoticed in a supporting role, doing whatever is needed from them. 'Worth their weight in gold' to a family or business. Cooperative, self-sacrificing if sometimes passive on their own behalf. (Mo Pete. Tommy Heinsohn).

sports illustrated wrote:Said another GM: "He has such a great feel, kind of like Brandon Roy or Chris Mullin. He will be able to play with older players right away. And he has top-drawer character. The only thing I'll say is that he's got a little Rasheed [Wallace] in him, and I'm not talking about the technicals, because he's a mild-mannered guy. But he has that dimension where his teammates love him, and he wants to be one of the guys more than he wants to be Kobe. He's more Robin than Batman, but that can be a good thing too. If you get him together with a stud, that's a perfect combination.''

As always, however, there are questions.

"I wonder why he lets his team get down by double-digit points in multiple games before he wants to play,'' an executive said. "Don't tell me it's coaching, because no coach wants to be down 20 at halftime of a college game. It unnerves me, as gifted as he is, that he allows his team to get into these situations.''

link.
BanndNDC
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by BanndNDC » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 am

hands11 wrote:Where are you getting this stuff because it's freaky.

it's from a book called (if memory serves me) the Secret Hisotry/Life of Birthdays or something like that. Doc has the book and posted a link to the GoogleBooks version on the first page (although be aware that the google books version is not complete).

My birthday has been posted and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

so have others and they are in the same boat.

ive looked up a bunch of people i know and only one has ever come out at all off.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#35 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:29 pm

LeBron practices Yoga. Kudos to their trainer.
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... for_games/
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#36 » by doclinkin » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:27 pm

Dat's guard list. Re-ordered by the stars.

===(Work in progress & notes still )==

List order suggests the meta- probability of a player to live up to their full potential. Granted, by virtue of natural talent (height, length, 'muskles', bowleggedness, etc.) some players have a higher potential at their low end than others have at their max. Here I'm ignoring all that and pretending that the metaphysics are all that matters. I'm still playing with overall 'Meta-draft' order, these will change around as I rundown the particulars of the other backcourt players.

Weight is given in relation to their NBA role with a team, true point guards should have team-first aspect (social aspect), shooting guards can be more oppositional and self-directed. Included are any NBA comparisons to same day ballers as reference to see if there are any similarities between description and their relative NBA success or ability to fit their role.

As always this is an attempt to measure the size of the fight in the dog and their mental intangibles in the context of the competitive business of basketball. Not talkin' about you, or yo momma.

Point Guards:
------------------
Eric Maynor (6' PG) 6/11 Gem3. -- Limit Pushers -- Courage to push boundaries, and the will to overcome them. Expansive and aggressive in mind. Well-versed in field of specialty. Unafraid, danger is a necessary stimulus, once they have reached the limit where others stop they desire to push on. Grounded in one discipline, they devote all of their energies to it. In tense, highly competitive, the will to win is strong. Rather go out in a blaze of glory-- but the play is the thing more than the result, They will compete with abandon regardless, end result of winning or losing is secondary. Function well as team members, but act best as leaders. As teammates they recognize the importance of individual effort and subjugating ego for the common good. Well-directed, positive, diligent, if stubborn and wearing.
(Jacques Cousteau, Joe Montana-- hmmn... no ballers of note-- Joey Graham, Chuck Hayes...).

Darren Collison (6'-ish, not really, PG) 8/23 Leo/Vir -- Lively Precision -- Compact, driving, intense. Completely focused on goals. Straightforward, bluntly effective. Strong technical skills, incisive mental powers. Tremendous stores of energy with a combative streak. Enjoy being helpful. Competitive sports highly recc'd.
(Kobe Bean Bryant. Rik Smits).

Nick Calathes (6'4" whiteboy PG) 2/7 Aq -- Utopia--
Social vision, desire to right inequalities. Love to see all succeed. Idealists and critics. Youthful attitude. Good judges of human character. Valuing spontaneity, opposed to stiffness, repetitive habit. Wont' stand for cruelty to the weak or unprotected.
(Steve Nash, Juwan Howard, Mike O'Koren...)

Ty Lawson (5'11" PG) 11/3 Sco2. -- Long Breath--
Persistent, concentrated, triumphant. Competitive, cool under pressure. Deadly calm even merciless, know how to wait, hate to lose. Depressive when things go bad, suffering. 'Know how to wait' means sometimes procrastinative.
(Charles Bronson, comedian Dennis Miller, no baller of note? Same Birthday as similarly hyper-competitive teammate Tyler Has-bro) .

Patrick Mills 8/11 Leo3 --Validation--
Powerful, insightful, disturbing, hurtful. Strong feeling for the dark side, truth seekers w/ courage. Can be merciless in pursuit of this truth. Subtle understanding of human nature, difficult to fool. Love to have an audience for their challenging behavior. Feats of skill or strength must be acknowledged if not admired. Opposition or antagonism strengthens their resolve to succeed.
(Craig Ehlo...)

Ricky Rubio (6'4" PG) 10/21 Li/Sc. -- Singularity -- Inspirational, distinctly different, charming, challenging, difficult (argumentative), verbal. Mental but with a strong emotional drive. Capable of touching many, leaving a lasting impression on many more. Enjoy fun but basically serious. High capacity to entertain and act on life's stage. Highly aware, impressive, commanding respect. Can be overly conscious, difficult to relax; In worst case self-destructive or addictive.
(James 'Flight' White, The landlord Shelden Williams, Courtney Sims... dunno, sortof an underwhelming bunch...).

Jonny Flynn (6' strong) 2/6 Aq -- Popularity --
Need and capacity to be popular are powerful. Insecure, seeking approval as an ego massage. Yearn to be loved, and as such strike a common chord in the hearts of others. Lack pretense, accessible. Elicit positive response, give confidence, inspires trust, which protects them from blame if anything goes wrong. Vigorous physical exercise is well-tolerated.
(Babe Ruth, Bob Marley, Tom Brokaw, ... no ballers?)

Brandon Jennings (6'1" lefty PG) 9/23 Vir/Lib -- Breakthrough -- adventuresome, exciting, creative, occasionally depressive, possibly addictive, dark.
(See John Coltrane, Bruce Springsteen, Ray Charles, Ricky Davis).

======================= IN PROGRESS ===============================

Combo Guards
--------------------
Stephen Curry 3/14 Pis3 --Relativity-- (Wes Unseld, Grandmama Larry Johnson)
JRue Holiday 6/12 Gem 3 --Bouyant Optimism-- (Jamison, Kerry Kittles, Earl Watson, Spanish Chock'lit Sergio Rodriguez)
Tyreke Evans 9/19 Vir/Lib --Fine Appearance-- (Raja Bell, Carl Landry)
Greivis Vasquez 1/19 Cap 3, -- Fulfillment-- (Marc Jackson, Don McLean, Jeff Foster)
Brandon Ewing 12/9 ---(see Gerald Henderson, below)
Willie Warren 10/22 Lib/Sco --Allure-- (Jeff McInnis, the dragon Drazen Petrovic)
Jeff Teague 6/10 Gem3 --Laughter and Sadness-- (...)

Shooting Guards
---------------------
Gerald Henderson 12/9 Sag2 --Flamboyance--(World B Free, Otis Birdsong, Brent Price, Dick Butkus, John Malkovich, Deacon Jones, Redd Fox)
Jack McClinton 1/19 Cap/Aq -- Dreams and Visions (Michael Adams, JaVale McGee).
James Harden 8/26 Vir1 --Supportive Partner-- (Tommy Heinsohn, Mo' Pete')
Jodie Meeks 8/21 Leo/Vir --Standout-- (Wilt, that's it, but he was an athletic freak, oft beaten by the shorter Bill Russell).
Wayne Ellington 10/29 Scorp 1 -- New Ideas -- (...)

Backcourt Swingmen
---------------------------
Danny Green 6/22 gem/can --Romantic Exaltation-- (Clyde Drexler, Pete Maravich, Darrell Armstrong)
Terrence Williams 6/28 Can --Emotional Stimulation-- (Jeff Malone, Bobby Hurley)
Evan Turner 10/27 Sco 1 --Impulse-- (Jaren Jackson, Andrew Bynum, Yi Jianlian)
Chase Budinger 12/31 Cap1 --Aesthetic Promotion-- (Brent Barry, Bryon Russell, Shandon Anderson, Javaris Crittenton...)
DeMar DeRozan 8/7 Leo2 --Double Agent-- (Downtown Freddie Brown)

more later. if time permits.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#37 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 2, 2009 9:12 pm

Essentially backs up this being a strong draft for PGs, doc.

Really strong group of leaders. I like something about all of them. A few red flags on Jennings and Mills. Also, see Rubio as a too-much-too-soon burnout risk.

Maynor, Lawson, and Collison just seem like born leaders.

Crittenton sure does remind me of both Anderson and Russell. Strong effort guys who stick around despiste not being highly skilled. Actually, same with Bones Barry. 10-15 year careers for all those guys but no a one of them was more than a supportive type. Budinger's a round two type IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#38 » by doclinkin » Thu Apr 9, 2009 6:07 am

==Placeholder for frontcourt players, in progress==

Swing Forwards
----------------
Earl Clark 1/17 Cap/Aq -- Heavyweight-- Commanding, dominant, dynamic, forceful. More solo artists than team members, by force of will. (Ali, Frazier, Cus D'amato, Al Capone, Ben Franklin, Dwyane Wade).

Al-farouq Aminu 9/21 Vir/Lib --Current Taste-- (Artis Gilmore, Rick Mahorn, Sidney Moncrief, Doug Moe)

Sam Young 6/1 Gem1 --Popular Eye-- (Smush Parker, Nick Young)

Power Forwards
-----------------
Blake Griffin 3/16 Pis3 --Realistic Inspiration-- Compromise, adapt, make the most of a situation, blessed by fortune, capacity to make the best of most situations, vigorous exercise recommended, including one-on-one competitive sports. Occasionally overlook resentment of others which can manifest in sudden danger. Golden quality to their actions, pragmatic and inspired, down-to-earth but creative. Sometimes quit a project before it's complete due to other distracting inspirations. (...)

Luke Harangody 1/2 Cap1 --Self requirement-- workaholic, over-demanding, dedicated, extremely high standards, great drive, a healthy insecurity forces them to work hard. Often take on killing responsibilities attempt impossible heights. Perfectionist craftspeople, highly imaginative within a clear role, excellent team members. (Kirk Hinrich).

Patrick Patterson 3/14 Pisc3 --Relativity-- Position in a group is tremendously important to them, defines role, gives structure to life. Open to many approaches, examine and modify approach all the time. Natural tendency to nurture and provide. (Wes Unseld, Granmama LJ Larry Johnson, Stef Curry)

DJ Blair 4/22 Ari/Taur --Established Presence-- (Spencer Haywood, Bimbo Coles)

James Johnson 2/20 Aq/Pis --Impression-- (Chuckles Barkley, Starbury)

Craig Brackins 10/9 Lib2 -- Penetrating Gaze-- (Kenny Anderson, Juan Dixon, Darius Miles, UMD's Keef Boof, wizard for a minute Billy Walker).

Jon Brockman 3/20 Pis/Ar --Labyrinth-- (Mookie Blaylock, Jamal Crawford, Pat Riley, Ronnie Brewer)

Jordan Hill 7/27 Leo1 --Decision Makers-- (Mack Calvin, Moochie Norris)

Greg Monroe 6/4 Gem2 --Critical Expertise-- (X-Man Xavier McDaniel)

Jeff Pendergraph 4/29 Tau --Heavy Image-- (David Lee, God Shammgodd)

Bigs
----------
Hasheem Thabeet 2/16 Aq --Animation-- Spirited, spontaneous, flexible, discouraged when things go wrong. (John MacEnroe, Kelly Tripucka, Herb Williams, Qyntel Woods)

John Bryant 6/13 Gem3 --Far-off Adventure-- (Jamario Moon, JCN, Steve Novak)

----------------------------
More guards to do: AJ Price, Sergio Llul, Daniel Hackett.

James Anderson 3/25 Aries1 --Dynamism-- (Dale Davis, Avery Johnson, Bob Sura, Kyle Lowry, Marco Bellinelli)
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#39 » by doclinkin » Tue May 5, 2009 7:16 am

Okay, I surprised myself a bit in some of this, but here's the current ranking of which players look mentally likely to maximize their talents:

Darren Collison (6'-ish, not really, PG) 8/23 Leo/Vir -- Lively Precision--Compact, driving, intense. Completely focused on goals. Straightforward, bluntly effective. Strong technical skills, incisive mental powers. Tremendous stores of energy with a combative streak. Enjoy being helpful. Competitive sports highly recc'd. (Kobe. Rik Smits)

Eric Maynor (6' PG) 6/11 Gem3. -- Limit Pushers -- Courage to push boundaries, and the will to overcome them. Expansive and aggressive in mind. Well-versed in field of specialty. Unafraid, danger is a necessary stimulus, once they have reached the limit where others stop they desire to push on. Grounded in one discipline, they devote all of their energies to it. In tense, highly competitive, the will to win is strong. Rather go out in a blaze of glory-- but the play is the thing more than the result, They will compete with abandon regardless, end result of winning or losing is secondary. Function well as team members, but act best as leaders. As teammates they recognize the importance of individual effort and subjugating ego for the common good. Well-directed, positive, diligent, if stubborn and wearing. (Chuck Hayes, Joey Graham)

Luke Harangody 1/2 Cap1 --Self requirement-- workaholic, over-demanding, dedicated, extremely high standards, great drive, a healthy insecurity forces them to work hard. Often take on killing responsibilities attempt impossible heights. Perfectionist craftspeople, highly imaginative within a clear role, excellent team members. (Kirk Hinrich).

James Johnson 2/20 Aq/Pis --Impression-- Important to make an impression on others. Make certain to be remembered. Want to be taken seriously, forcefully stamp their mark on their work. Not particularly combative or aggressive, excellent additions to a team, holding nothing back, putting their talents to work for the common good. Demand that others pull their own weight. Impatient with slackers. Tremendous will to win. Enthusiasm and belief in themselves is so strong they tend to go overboard. Team sports, weight lifting, etc recommended. (Chuckles Barkley, Starbury)

Blake Griffin 3/16 Pis3 --Realistic Inspiration-- Compromise, adapt, make the most of a situation, blessed by fortune, capacity to make the best of most situations, vigorous exercise recommended, including one-on-one competitive sports. Occasionally overlook resentment of others which can manifest in sudden danger. Golden quality to their actions, pragmatic and inspired, down-to-earth but creative. Sometimes quit a project before it's complete due to other inspirations. (nobody...)

Stephen Curry 3/14 Pis3 --Relativity-- (Wes Unseld, Grandmama Larry Johnson)
--also--
Patrick Patterson 3/14 Pisc3 --Relativity-- Position in a group is tremendously important to them, defines role, gives structure to life. Open to many approaches, examine and modify approach all the time. Natural tendency to nurture and provide.

DJ Blair 4/22 Ari/Taur --Established Presence-- Know the secret of how to work hard in a relaxed way. Enormous talent for organizing social functions, Powerful, down to earth, imposing physical presence and strong human qualities. Greatest challenge is to control urge for power. Knowing when to quit is not easy, causes mental anguish. Food and sensuality is key, but overexercise should be avoided. (Spencer Haywood, Bimbo Coles)

James Harden 8/26 Vir1 --Supportive Partner-- Team players, happy to work behind the scenes, occasionally as moving force behind a group. May take satisfaction in remaining anonymous, doing their work without ego or interference, even unnoticed in a supporting role, doing whatever is needed from them. 'Worth their weight in gold' to a family or business. Cooperative, self-sacrificing if sometimes passive on their own behalf.(Tommy Heinsohn, Mo' Pete')

Jordan Hill 7/27 Leo1 --Decision Makers-- Orderly, forceful, decisive, if resistant to change. Vigorous competitive exercise recommended. Devote themselves to an organization to the extent that they may ignore their own needs. Physically formidable, intimidating, many have a problem with anger and aggression. Can be channeled into productive aspect, drive them to heights of performance, order, discipline. If suppressed, may find other more corrosive expression. (Mack Calvin, Moochie Norris, Leo the Lip Derocher--Brooklyn dodgers manager)

Earl Clark 1/17 Cap/Aq -- Heavyweight-- Commanding, dominant, dynamic, forceful. More solo artists than team members, by force of will. (Ali, Frazier, Cus D'amato, Al Capone, Ben Franklin, Dwyane Wade).

Nick Calathes (6'4" whiteboy PG) 2/7 Aq -- Utopia-- Love to see all succeed. Idealists and critics. Youthful attitude. Good judges of human character. Valuing spontaneity, opposed to stiffness, repetitive habit. Won't stand for cruelty to the weak or unprotected.(Steve Nash)

JRue Holiday 6/12 Gem 3 --Bouyant Optimism-- Operate under the assumption that things are going fine, rarely defeatist even in harsh circumstances. Dutiful and responsible, blend of pragmatist and idealist, judgmental, happiest when in motion, boundless energy, must be careful of self-inflicted damage due to unrealistic outlook or putting self in harm's way. (Jamison, Kerry Kittles, Earl Watson, Spanish Chock'lit Sergio Rodriguez, Anne Frank)

Ty Lawson (5'11" PG) 11/3 Sco2. -- Long Breath-- Persistent, concentrated, triumphant. Competitive, cool under pressure. Deadly calm even merciless, know how to wait, hate to lose. Depressive when things go bad, suffering. 'Know how to wait' means sometimes procrastinative. (oldtimers George Yardley, Steve Johnson?, plus Tyler Hansbrough)

Ricky Rubio (6'4" PG) 10/21 Li/Sc. -- Singularity --High capacity to entertain and act on life's stage. Highly aware, impressive, commanding respect. May suffer from inability to relax, turn it off. (Sheldon Williams, James White, Courtney Sims)

Gerald Henderson 12/9 Sag2 --Flamboyance-- Active, love the spotlight. Must feel they are the star of the show. Can be bold protectors when called to do so, less so in mundane circumstances, must learn to keep a lid on volatile temper. Meeting challenges is a part of their character, difficult to take it easy. Vigorous exercise recommended. (World B Free, Otis Birdsong, Brent Price, Dick Butkus, John Malkovich, Deacon Jones, Redd Fox)

Terrence Williams 6/28 Can --Emotional Stimulation-- Humorous, interesting, entertaining. Provocative. All out frontal attack. Masters at anticipating their own effect. Extroverted, complex. Often leaders, consistent work ethic if not logical thinkers, worst punishment is to be unappreciated or ignored. Vigorous physical exercise recommended. Fascinated with human behavior. (Jeff Malone, Bobby Hurley, John Elway)

Greivis Vasquez 1/16 Cap 3, -- Fulfillment-- Diligent, steady, thorough. Want to feel they have done their best and achieved a goal. Need this validation regularly. Satisfaction is greater the greater the challenge, intensity. Perhaps setting their goals too high for their stress level. But vigorous excercise recommended, competitive sports where you can set personal goals. (Marc Jackson, Don McLean, Jeff Foster)

Tyreke Evans 9/19 Vir/Lib --Fine Appearance-- Orderly even compulsive, able to organize those around them into cohesive unit. Concerned with outward appearance, of self, surroundings, family, group. Those who have experienced early poverty show great determination to succeed in society, advance and transcend humble beginnings. (Raja Bell, Carl Landry)

Hasheem Thabeet 2/16 Aq --Animation-- Spirited, spontaneous, flexible, discouraged when things go wrong. (John MacEnroe, Kelly Tripucka, Herb Williams, Qyntel Woods)

Danny Green 6/22 gem/can --Romantic Exaltation-- Drawn to the drama of life. Passion in experience. Highs and lows both. Excitement is a drug. But lows are deep. (Clyde Drexler, Pete Maravich, Darrell Armstrong)

Patrick Mills 8/11 Leo3 --Validation-- . Feats of skill or strength must be acknowledged if not admired, antagonism strengthens their resolve to succeed. Dark aspect. (Craig Ehlo...)

Jonny Flynn (6' strong) 2/6 Aq -- Popularity -- Need and capacity to be popular are powerful. (Babe Ruth, Bob Marley, Tom Brokaw, ... no ballers?)

================================================================

John Bryant 6/13 Gem3 --Far-off Adventure-- (Jamario Moon, Juan Carlos Navarro, Steve Novak)
Jon Brockman 3/20 Pis/Ar --Labyrinth-- (Mookie Blaylock, Jamal Crawford, Pat Riley, Ronnie Brewer, Bobby Orr--hockey)
Jack McClinton 1/19 Cap/Aq -- Dreams and Visions (Michael Adams, JaVale McGee).
Chase Budinger 12/31 Cap1 --Aesthetic Promotion-- (Brent Barry, Bryon Russell, Shandon Anderson, Javaris Crittenton...)

Brandon Jennings (6'1" lefty PG) 9/23 Vir/Lib -- Breakthrough -- adventuresome,
exciting, creative, occasionally depressive, possibly addictive, dark.
(See John Coltrane, Bruce Springsteen, Ray Charles, Ricky Davis).

Jeff Pendergraph 4/29 Tau --Heavy Image-- (David Lee, God Shammgodd)
Jeff Teague 6/10 Gem3 --Laughter and Sadness-- (...)
Jodie Meeks 8/21 Leo/Vir --Standout-- Uncomfortable in the spotlight, but find sometimes find it difficult to avoid it. Unusual. (Wilt, that's it, but he was an athletic freak, oft beaten by the shorter Bill Russell).
Wayne Ellington 10/29 Scorp 1 -- New Ideas -- (...)
Brandon Ewing 6'-ish combo guard 12/9 ---(see Gerald Henderson)
DeMar DeRozan 8/7 Leo2 --Double Agent-- (Downtown Freddie Brown)
Sam Young 6/1 Gem1 --Popular Eye-- (Smush Parker, Nick Young)
AJ Price, Sergio Llul, Daniel Hackett, Scottie Reynolds.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#40 » by doclinkin » Tue May 5, 2009 7:19 am

The full profile of Jordan Hill reminds me a little of Charles Oakley. There are a few interesting cats on this list.

Return to Washington Wizards