Cassel a Chief

Jala
Banned User
And1: 0

Cassel a Chief 

Post#1 » by Jala » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:11 pm

NFL.com - The Patriots have agreed to trade quarterback Matt Cassel to the Chiefs.

Cassel will join former New England linebacker Mike Vrabel in Kansas City, along with general manager Scott Pioli, who joined the Chiefs in January after spending almost a decade with the Patriots.

Cassel is actually part of the Vrabel trade that was agreed upon Friday. New England has received Kansas City's second round pick in the deal.

New England designated Cassel as their franchise player earlier this month, which guaranteed him $14.65 million next season.

What do you guys think?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Cassel a Chief 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm not a KC fan by any means. The former GM for the Pats is executing a plan to get the ball rolling to turn the Chiefs around. With his connection to the Pats, he knows the dilemma the Pats have to either keep Cassel or trade him. Wit hTom Brady coming back, Cassel would've been relagated to the bench after hproducing a solid season in Brady's absence. This move helps KC out a lot at the QB position. After season after season of revolving QBs. They finally get a good QB who can fit into whatever scheme the new coach could work the squad into. The Chiefs still have some ways to go before they can declare themselves a team to be reckon with.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#3 » by NEM » Sun Mar 1, 2009 4:17 am

great deal for you guys IMO. a more than capable QB will go a long way for you guys and he is young too. good pick up
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#4 » by lpsevier » Fri Mar 6, 2009 6:16 pm

I"m interested to see if KC holds on to Thigpen now.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#5 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:18 am

The injury kinda forebodes what I thought of this deal to begin with.

Return to Kansas City Chiefs