ImageImageImageImageImage

Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Re: Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s) 

Post#181 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:58 pm

god shammgod wrote:
TKF wrote:
What bothers me most is that some posters just want you to admit to anything, just to say that walsh is wrong... It is disturbing.. so disturbing that they want you to admit that it was a mistake to trade balkman, who wasn't going to play. It was a mistake to sign roberson, who wasn't going to play and was a 12th man on the bench. And Now it is a mistake Drafting GAllo.. I mean really, are we not reaching with the balkman and Roberson complaints.

no. what's disturbing is that you can't admit something that's obvious no matter how minor a deal you think it to be. that's always your answer when you're forced into admitting a mistake was made. balkman's trade doesn't matter you say. roberson's signing doesn't matter. if gallo doesn't recover you won't be able to use that excuse. refer to my earlier post tkf because like i already stated the truth is that isiah wasn't 100% bad and walsh isn't 100% good. to believe anything but that is naive. what some of you would like on this forum is for every time something happens for there to be nothing but optimism that everything will work out fine. that's not realistic in anyway because life doesn't work like that.

I agree that Isiah wasn't 100% bad. He was more like 600% bad. Not only he botched his tenure here, he also made sure our future is also cloudy. No cap space for another two years (would be another three years if Walsh didn't use his magic) plus no pick next summer. His achievements are so minor, as drafting Lee and Chandler, that you can call them mere coincidence that would have happened in a five year time period with any single person running GM, say yourself.

On the other hand, Walsh is not 100% good either. He is like 95% good so far. He made the mistake of signing Roberson and he was forced to trade Balkman because of that mistake. Luckily, his mistakes so far had no effect to our current record and has no negative effect for the future.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#182 » by mjhp911 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:03 pm

seren wrote:I agree that Isiah wasn't 100% bad. He was more like 600% bad. Not only he botched his tenure here, he also made sure our future is also cloudy. No cap space for another two years (would be another three years if Walsh didn't use his magic) plus no pick next summer. His achievements are so minor, as drafting Lee and Chandler, that you can call them mere coincidence that would have happened in a five year time period with any single person running GM, say yourself.

On the other hand, Walsh is not 100% good either. He is like 95% good so far. He made the mistake of signing Roberson and he was forced to trade Balkman because of that mistake. Luckily, his mistakes so far had no effect to our current record and has no negative effect for the future.

LOL, case closed...
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#183 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:03 pm

seren wrote:I agree that Isiah wasn't 100% bad. He was more like 600% bad. Not only he botched his tenure here, he also made sure our future is also cloudy. No cap space for another two years (would be another three years if Walsh didn't use his magic) plus no pick next summer. His achievements are so minor, as drafting Lee and Chandler, that you can call them mere coincidence that would have happened in a five year time period with any single person running GM, say yourself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,232

Post#184 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:13 pm

seren wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
TKF wrote:
What bothers me most is that some posters just want you to admit to anything, just to say that walsh is wrong... It is disturbing.. so disturbing that they want you to admit that it was a mistake to trade balkman, who wasn't going to play. It was a mistake to sign roberson, who wasn't going to play and was a 12th man on the bench. And Now it is a mistake Drafting GAllo.. I mean really, are we not reaching with the balkman and Roberson complaints.

no. what's disturbing is that you can't admit something that's obvious no matter how minor a deal you think it to be. that's always your answer when you're forced into admitting a mistake was made. balkman's trade doesn't matter you say. roberson's signing doesn't matter. if gallo doesn't recover you won't be able to use that excuse. refer to my earlier post tkf because like i already stated the truth is that isiah wasn't 100% bad and walsh isn't 100% good. to believe anything but that is naive. what some of you would like on this forum is for every time something happens for there to be nothing but optimism that everything will work out fine. that's not realistic in anyway because life doesn't work like that.

I agree that Isiah wasn't 100% bad. He was more like 600% bad. Not only he botched his tenure here, he also made sure our future is also cloudy. No cap space for another two years (would be another three years if Walsh didn't use his magic) plus no pick next summer. His achievements are so minor, as drafting Lee and Chandler, that you can call them mere coincidence that would have happened in a five year time period with any single person running GM, say yourself.

an achievement denotes something positive. so your own words work against your 600% score. if he lucked into it or not is unimportant. even if you trip over the finish line you win the race. right now interestingly enough our young foundation is lee, nate & chandler.
what will walsh's score be if gallo never recovers and he can't get any quality free agents in 2010. it's a little early to hand out victory cigars. but even if i agree he's 95% good, there's still room to critize the 5% that went wrong. joe dumars won a championship but even in the midst of all that success he messed up their draft enough to stop them from possibly becoming a dynasty. it's not all black & white.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#185 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:21 pm

seren wrote:He made the mistake of signing Roberson and he was forced to trade Balkman because of that mistake.

also, i'd like to thank you for at least admitting that was a mistake because some people can't allow themselves to do this.
seren
RealGM

Post#186 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:
seren wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

an achievement denotes something positive. so your own words work against your 600% score. if he lucked into it or not is unimportant. even if you trip over the finish line you win the race. right now interestingly enough our young foundation is lee, nate & chandler.
what will walsh's score be if gallo never recovers and he can't get any quality free agents in 2010. it's a little early to hand out victory cigars. but even if i agree he's 95% good, there's still room to critize the 5% that went wrong. joe dumars won a championship but even in the midst of all that success he messed up their draft enough to stop them from possibly becoming a dynasty. it's not all black & white.

Maybe I am too emotional on this. But it is really difficult to give a guy any credit who made me and my fellow Knicks fans bleed for five years. Not only that, made sure future is all difficult. I mean we are praising a GM now for being able to get rid of some of Isiah's mess and give us some hope for two years from now. The fact that we have a shot in two years make us at least be hopeful. We have been watching stiffs, rejects, and has beens for the last nine years with no hope for the future. We are getting excited with role players and marginal starters. Other fans are talking about playoff match ups, we are talking about creative ways of getting rid of Effries' and McCurry's contracts.

Our young foundation is Lee, Nate, and Chandler because it is not Roy or Aldridge or Kevin Martin or Rudy Gay. We just try to stay positive, that is all...
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#187 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:51 pm

I want Walsh and want him to do good, but how many championships does he have? He clearly hasn't been perfect. It'll be nice once this board learns that.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,152

Post#188 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
seren wrote:He made the mistake of signing Roberson and he was forced to trade Balkman because of that mistake.

also, i'd like to thank you for at least admitting that was a mistake because some people can't allow themselves to do this.

bull, no one's saying it wasn't a mistake, all people are saying is it isn't a significant mistake because Balkman wouldn't have gotten burn with a coach wants players who play smart and can sink an open jumper, especially considering Mike D wasn't stuck with Balkman due to his contract like he is with Jeffries and Q Richardson.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
seren
RealGM

Post#189 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:I want Walsh and want him to do good, but how many championships does he have? He clearly hasn't been perfect. It'll be nice once this board learns that.

He has been perfect in trades and draft and coach so far. So I say give him a chance and stop complaining.
waltoni2010
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#190 » by waltoni2010 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:59 pm

tha hell is all this? is this real or jus some other team makin it out to be real after it happen? i mean i know we pick gallo cause of the italian thing with mike and all but was it really know he was hurt b4 we pick him? u guys sure? u sure this just aint the dumb ass nets makin stuff up to hurt us?
cgf
RealGM

Post#191 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:00 pm

god shammgod wrote:an achievement denotes something positive. so your own words work against your 600% score. if he lucked into it or not is unimportant. even if you trip over the finish line you win the race. right now interestingly enough our young foundation is lee, nate & chandler.

Of course the counter argument is that Isiah getting into flawed starters like Lee and Nate and lucking into Chandler brings him up to only 600% bad.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Duhon2Lee42
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#192 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 pm

seren wrote:
Duhon2Lee42 wrote:I want Walsh and want him to do good, but how many championships does he have? He clearly hasn't been perfect. It'll be nice once this board learns that.

He has been perfect in trades and draft and coach so far. So I say give him a chance and stop complaining.

Drafting someone with back issues that wasn't caused by contact, isn't perfect

Trading Balkman for nothing, isn't perfect

He's been ok, but far from perfect

I won't discuss signing **** and Roberscrub
seren
RealGM

Post#193 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:
seren wrote:

Drafting someone with back issues that wasn't caused by contact, isn't perfect

Trading Balkman for nothing, isn't perfect

He's been ok, but far from perfect

I won't discuss signing ****-on and Roberscrub

When did Gallo's career come to an end? When did Balkman become an all-star? How many picks have we given up for Roberson?
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#194 » by XcalibuR » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:09 pm

What matters when you're judging a GM is the significance of their moves on their team. Balkman and Roberson aren't significant while getting cap space is, so Walsh has been good so far. However, I wouldn't say hes been a great GM yet. A great GM performance turns the franchise around and the Knicks haven't done that yet, so it'll take a few years to judge. Nothing is given until the wins come in.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#195 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:12 pm

cgf wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

bull, no one's saying it wasn't a mistake, all people are saying is it isn't a significant mistake because Balkman wouldn't have gotten burn with a coach wants players who play smart and can sink an open jumper, especially considering Mike D wasn't stuck with Balkman due to his contract like he is with Jeffries and Q Richardson.

there's at least one person.

and by the way, balkman hits jumpers at a better percentage then jeffries. look it up. but he's smart enough to takes less.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08DEN10.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0708/07NYK9A.HTM

here's a great article on how balkman is doing as a starter lately on the nuggets. in his last 5 games as a starter balkman has averaged 12.4 points and 11.4 rebounds.
http://www.iwantmyrocky.com/2009/03/17/nuggets-balkman-earns-praise-as-the-new-rodman/
cgf
RealGM

Post#196 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:16 pm

You do realize we're not the nuggets right? And if Jeffries was still on his rookie deal do you think he'd be getting any burn? So WTF does Balkman being marginally better at shooting than a player we can't wait to trade away have to do with anything?

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#197 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:16 pm

god shammgod wrote:there's at least one person.

and by the way, balkman hits jumpers at a better percentage then jeffries. look it up. but he's smart enough to takes less.

here's a great article on how balkman is doing as a starter lately on the nuggets. in his last 5 games as a starter balkman has averaged 12.4 points and 11.4 rebounds.
http://www.iwantmyrocky.com/2009/03/17/nuggets-balkman-earns-praise-as-the-new-rodman/

I didnt have an issue with the Balkman trade I have an issue with Jefferies even stepping on the court. If Balkman was going to warm the bench so should bum ass Jefferies.
seren
RealGM

Post#198 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:
cgf wrote:bull, no one's saying it wasn't a mistake, all people are saying is it isn't a significant mistake because Balkman wouldn't have gotten burn with a coach wants players who play smart and can sink an open jumper, especially considering Mike D wasn't stuck with Balkman due to his contract like he is with Jeffries and Q Richardson.

there's at least one person.

I agree. I wish Isiah wasn't completely (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to sign f**ing Effries for a five year contract with 15% trade kicker so that we could keep Balkman over f**ing Effries.
cgf
RealGM

Post#199 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:18 pm

If bum ass Jeffries sat on the bench we wouldn't ever be able to trade him away, it's the same reason McCurry was going to get some burn before he showed out fat as ever and "hurt" himself.

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#200 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:20 pm

cgf wrote:You do realize we're not the nuggets right? And if Jeffries was still on his rookie deal do you think he'd be getting any burn? So WTF does Balkman being marginally better at shooting than a player we can't wait to trade away have to do with anything?

you're the one who claimed we needed a player who could shoot an open jumper. reread your own post.

Return to New York Knicks