ImageImageImageImageImage

What about Stephen Curry?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

warriorsfan15
Ballboy
And1: 0

What about Stephen Curry? 

Post#1 » by warriorsfan15 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

As the draft approaches the more I think the warriors will draft PG Stephen Curry. Because at #7 its between jennings or curry. Holiday will be gone by then. I don't think nellie is gonna draft a PG who can't shoot. All the PG's nellie has had Hardaway,Nash,Van exel and Baron. All can shoot the 3 and score. Thats why I think the warriors won't draft jennings he's not nellie kind of PG. Nelson don't like guards who can't shoot from outside look at Demarcus Nelson and Marcus Williams. They didn't even play that much last year.Jennings is similar to marcus williams both left handed,same size and both have no outside shot. I think Stephen Curry is the pick, He's a 6'3 PG. So he and ellis can both play together because they're both the same size.He can shot from outside and doesn't have to have the ball to score, lead the nation in scoring. And Curry is not that bad of a PG average 5.6 Asstists a game. Imagine a curry and ellis backcourt, We will have one of the best backcourts in the league. Now defensively they will be awful. Another reason they will draft curry he's ready to play now with jennings and holiday both are raw have to wait 2-3 years. I think curry can be a better scorer than ellis because he doesn't need the ball to scoreand is a better shooter than ellis. If they draft curry he be the best PG on this Roster.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: What about Stephen Curry? 

Post#2 » by Chris Cohan » Sun May 31, 2009 12:58 am

PLANT
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#3 » by Coxy » Sun May 31, 2009 1:04 am

Imagine a curry and ellis backcourt, We will have one of the best backcourts in the league. Now defensively they will be awful. Another reason they will draft curry he's ready to play now with jennings and holiday both are raw have to wait 2-3 years.

None of this makes sense. We will have 1 of the best backcourts in the league, but cant play defense? Huh.

Also, you really think Nellie is going to play any PG we draft this year, at all, for any period in the season? Not a chance in hell. Best they'll hope for is looking after Maggettes g-strings after each match.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#4 » by and1GS » Sun May 31, 2009 1:07 am

Stephen Curry is not a PG. Monta Ellis is probably not a PG. Both are SGs in PGs bodies...so you're going to play them together? At the same time?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#5 » by mos_def » Sun May 31, 2009 3:38 am

I think they are interchangeable-each can do a little of this and a little of that. I wouldnt mind it, I wanted Evans. But I wouldnt mind it. For some reason, I think TWOLVES will draft Curry.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#6 » by and1GS » Sun May 31, 2009 5:57 am

mos_def wrote:I think they are interchangeable-each can do a little of this and a little of that.

They can also both not do a lot of this or enough of that. They'd both be incomplete players that wouldn't complement each other well.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
_Chip_5
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#7 » by _Chip_5 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:52 am

I like Curry. He's a gamer. He's clutch. I think I'd rather have Curry with the ball late in games to make clutch games than anyone else on the roster currently. The Warriors can make trades to fill their needs. In the draft just take the best available player, and I think that's Curry, if he's there at 7. Maynor and Flynn might be a couple other decent players. But this draft is really weird. So many players coming up who have very limited minutes trying to be top lottery picks. But I do like Curry, and would like to see the Warriors draft him if he is available at 7.

He's good at stealing the ball too. He's the best in the college game at that, if you look at steals/game stat. He and Ellis could be real pests on the defensive end, when they are getting deflections and causing turnovers, when the team's defense is at its best.
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#8 » by bay2hk » Sun May 31, 2009 8:08 am

If holiday is not on board, the warriors should pick curry and trade him to the highest bidder. I'm sure there are many teams in the teens that would like his service. Curry won't see alot of pt behind Bellinelli, Azubuike, Morrow, Ellis, Crawford, Maggette and Watson.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#9 » by Mac1958 » Sun May 31, 2009 2:22 pm

Well, let's run down the checklist.

1. Tweener, no real position
2. Poor defensively
3. Loves to shoot
4. Wants the ball in his hands as much as possible
5. Can be counted on for 3+ turnovers per game

Let's see. We already have Maggette, Crawford, Azubuike, Ellis & Jackson. Yeah, I'd say he's a perfect fit in Nellie's, uh, "system".
_Chip_5
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#10 » by _Chip_5 » Sun May 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Mac1958 wrote:Well, let's run down the checklist.

1. Tweener, no real position
2. Poor defensively
3. Loves to shoot
4. Wants the ball in his hands as much as possible
5. Can be counted on for 3+ turnovers per game

Let's see. We already have Maggette, Crawford, Azubuike, Ellis & Jackson. Yeah, I'd say he's a perfect fit in Nellie's, uh, "system".

You have to take the BAP in the draft. Curry is most likely that, if he falls that low. I highly doubt anybody else in the draft, like Holiday would get more PT than Curry would on this team.

You draft Curry, then you look to trade our excess of guards, those you mentioned, to teams who need 2's/3's like Chicago or Utah or whomever for players we need. The Warriors are going nowhere with the likes of Crawford and Maggette, yet you are afraid of drafting a player who would have to compete with them to get playing time, a player who could help turn this team into a winner. I don't understand that logic at all. Curry is a gamer and he's probably the biggest clutch player in the draft. I think he would be a very high quality player for the team.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#11 » by old rem » Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 pm

and1GS wrote:Stephen Curry is not a PG. Monta Ellis is probably not a PG. Both are SGs in PGs bodies...so you're going to play them together? At the same time?

Curry has nice PG skills,handles, vision, basketball IQ. He was a solid defensive player and is quite underrated in terms of athletic as well as D. I'd frankly hope to trade down unless Hill drops to 7.
I doubt Jennings is close to ready to play much at all. A Trade down getting us Lawson+ Hansborough would be sweet. Actually....If we get the later pick for TH in a deal....Curry,I think,could be a bit ahead of Lawson.

I'd also be fine with scenarios where we'd go with Monta + CJW with Belli getting his shot too. I would grab Walker Russell from the D league.

Then the draft can beef up the front line.
CENSORED... No comment.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,736

Post#12 » by gswhoops » Sun May 31, 2009 6:26 pm

It's times like this I wish there was a vomit emoticon. Curry is a terrible fit for our team and HIGHLY overrated.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:34 pm

gswhoops wrote:It's times like this I wish there was a vomit emoticon. Curry is a terrible fit for our team and HIGHLY overrated.

He's not a terrible fit for Nellie though. He fits what Nellie usually leans towards, high volume shooter with range. Can handle and pass some, but clearly a shooter first. He has Nellie written all over him.

But I don't think the Old guy will pick him this year. He has more pressing needs.

If I had to bet, I'd say there's a huge trade and we don't end up with a pick.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#14 » by old rem » Sun May 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Watson may factor in rather large. The whole Master Plan gets warped if Monta is NOT the PG . CJW meanwhile had Nellie's trust as an apprentice learning on the job and that late run was exactly what Nellie had wanted to see.

Belli may also be a PG,and he DOES have both the size and the J.

That does leave Blair and Clark on the list. Had Jennings combined his HS Flashy game with some reliable skillset...he could have been the guy. As is.....not gonna happen. GSW will look for clues,but there's enough red flags to kill it.
CENSORED... No comment.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#15 » by FNQ » Sun May 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Only way I'd want Curry at 7 is if we get Bell and #12 from Charlotte... odds are it would be Felton though.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,563

Post#16 » by dc » Sun May 31, 2009 10:37 pm

Curry won't be taken by the Warriors.

He's not a Nellie player.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
gswhoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#17 » by gswhoop » Mon Jun 1, 2009 4:25 pm

One thing that Curry can bring to the Warriors is a high bball IQ. Nash has a high bball IQ and although he isnt the most athletic individual his ability to make proper plays enable him to push everyone to be better.
Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,563

Post#18 » by dc » Mon Jun 1, 2009 7:10 pm

justin06 wrote:One thing that Curry can bring to the Warriors is a high bball IQ. Nash has a high bball IQ and although he isnt the most athletic individual his ability to make proper plays enable him to push everyone to be better.

He's not a guy Nellie is going to want.

If you're a guard who's not a PG, you'd better be a physical player for Nellie to like you. You have to be able to play multiple positions and hold your own against bigger players.

Curry isn't that type of guy. He's an undersized, non-physical SG. Heck, Nellie's never really fully embraced Monta because of that reason and Belinelli's inability to be physical is a major reason it took him so long to get playing time (while Azubuike got major minutes).

Now if Curry was a real PG like Nash, then Nellie would like him. As it is, Nellie has never really loved undersized SGs.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Nadeem
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#19 » by Nadeem » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:38 am

Well some of the comments have aged well on here :D :lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors