ESPN - The Rookie: Blake Griffin

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

jflipclip
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

ESPN - The Rookie: Blake Griffin 

Post#1 » by jflipclip » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:44 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?id=4246127

Looks like ESPN is going to do an Outside the Lines report on Blake Griffin, or some type of blog/feature on ESPN.com . Nice to see some footage of him during the lottery night. Might as well put this here now for later updates, but interesting read about his workouts/trainer. Look forward for more footage and video blogs from him.

Discuss? =p
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Re: ESPN - The Rookie: Blake Griffin 

Post#2 » by mkwest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:57 am

I haven't gotten the chance to read/watch any of this yet.

Here's his ESPN SportsNation Chat from earlier today.

Also his latest NBA.com blog entry.

MY FUTURE TEAMMATES?
I’ve only seen Baron Davis and DeAndre Jordan so far, that’s about it. I’m not really sure where everybody is working out at. So, we’ll see. I’m not exactly sure when I met DeAndre, but we go back to high school when we played AAU ball together. He also went to Texas A&M so he was in the same conference and we played each other a couple times in our freshman year. I think he’s incredibly long and athletic and he’s going to be great. He’s got a good work ethic. I’m looking forward to playing with him if I’m with the Clippers. It’s going to be interesting having him giving me the rookie treatment. I kind of know him a little bit though, so maybe he’ll take it easy on me. He texted me a picture of the Dumb and Dumber tuxedo he had to wear to a game last year so I got an idea of what I’m going to look like next year.

NO RED MEAT FOR ME
I really try to eat pretty healthy – a lot of fruits and vegetables, fish and chicken. You know, lean protein and stuff like that. I try not to eat too poorly and take care of my body. My mom is real big into nutrition and that’s kind of how I got started on it. She knows a lot about it and it’s something that interests me just because it will help me. The better I take care of my body, inside and out, the longer hopefully I’ll be able to play. I like candy a little bit, but for the most part I try to stay away from it. I’m no Lamar Odom.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by mkwest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:30 am

The training that he has committed to the last 2 years has been pretty interesting to read about. Supposedly the guy attracts clients through word of mouth and doesn't advertise, but he's getting a lot of publicity right now. The fact that it is so grueling and that both Blake and his brother have done it 2 years in a row says a lot about them. 10 enter and 7 end up quitting. Gilbert Arenas was one of the names mentioned as quitting after 7-8 days. It's not a knock on him, but I think you have to give Blake credit for not giving up despite it being so physically and mentally challenging. I look at our current cast of players, and I wonder who all would be able to hang tough.
jflipclip
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by jflipclip » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:34 am

Just look at that picture of him and that husky. Looks intimidating already. Sounds interesting though. After further research (Google), seems like a lot of player like this dude during the NBA draft. Gets them to train better and eat healthier. Even though Blake's mom is a nutritionist, helps to have this guy around.

Hm.. wonder if he worked with Dwight Howard.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by mkwest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:55 am

jflipclip wrote:Just look at that picture of him and that husky. Looks intimidating already. Sounds interesting though. After further research (Google), seems like a lot of player like this dude during the NBA draft. Gets them to train better and eat healthier. Even though Blake's mom is a nutritionist, helps to have this guy around.

Hm.. wonder if he worked with Dwight Howard.

Al has said he was going to cut out the junk, but I would love to see the rest of our guys would fall in line with eating healthier.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by mkwest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:16 am

Here's a clip of Blake on Rome is Burning
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by mkwest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 am

Part 2 has been posted.

Pre-Draft Camp in Chicago

These are a week or 2 old, but haven't been posted yet.
Video Blog 1: Blake and Taylor at Universal Studios

Video Blog 2: Blake with his trainers & doing impressions
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#8 » by mj_shoefanatic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 am

Thanks for the links mk :thumbsup:
jflipclip
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by jflipclip » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:09 am

Haha, nice Will Ferrell doing Harry Caray impression.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by mkwest » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:42 am

Jun. 18

IGNORING THE MOCK DRAFTS
I don’t pay attention to any of that. I don’t even read anything about myself, to be honest. That’s not really my focus. My focus is working out and getting better and getting ready, I’m not really interested in all that.

The one prospect I do pay attention to is my older brother, Taylor. His workouts are going really well, he’s doing a good job from what I hear. Hopefully he’ll know something by Draft night. If he isn’t selected, I’m confident he’ll be able to impress people in Summer League or whatever the situation might be.

MOVIE YOU GOT TO SEE
I went and saw The Hangover recently. I thought it was hilarious. I’ve been to Las Vegas when I was younger. I’ll be going back there for Summer League and it will be the first time I’ve been there in a while. Make sure you stay for the end credits. The photos in the elevator are hilarious. That was great.

myNBA.com

mj_shoefanatic wrote:Thanks for the links mk :thumbsup:

np :)

jflipclip wrote:Haha, nice Will Ferrell doing Harry Caray impression.

That one had me rollin'.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by mkwest » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:45 am

In case anybody didn't know, the last video, entitled Workout, has been uploaded onto ESPN the The Rookie series.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#12 » by realfung » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 am

Clippers don't get too happy about it. Griffin is not the savior for the team. BD is still the man in the hot seat.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers