Supercool Michael Beasley

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,520

Re: Supercool Michael Beasley 

Post#181 » by miamiballer » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:02 pm

^ whats funny is that beasley's already better (as a 20 yr old rookie) than anyone on NY's pathetic squad...its sad how far youll go to satisfy your little fantasy that wade himself has already come out of his way to say was not going to happen
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#182 » by Flash3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:17 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Uh people know who Beasley is. HE's that overrated stat padding bust drafted from K-State who acts like he's 13 still.

You've made your pointS clear as they are. We get it, you dislike the Heat, Wade, Beasley.

Jeez! :roll:
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#183 » by Sn0wman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:25 pm

I always knew he was stupid...he even looks stupid
Blazerepresent
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#184 » by Blazerepresent » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 pm

back to the tattoo. pretty evident how much he likes himself. plus the tattoo sucks. i wouldnt waste that much skin on my body for such a childish phrase like that
TiMVP
Bench Warmer
And1: 59

Post#185 » by TiMVP » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Come on now, that was a small bag of vegetables, he puts it in a bag so he can only have the appropriate serving size. He's eating healthy.
spurs are gonna win in 07 quote me on it....
J-Hawk04
Junior

Post#186 » by J-Hawk04 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 pm

2008 draft class: most boneheaded draft class ever? i think so.
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#187 » by 360 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 pm

TAI8 wrote:
dcash4 wrote:
TAI8 wrote:
Oh yeah I can just imagine thousands upon thousands of eager internet haters scouring through Beasley's twitter page for the latest and slightest hint of scoop that they can make inferences from.. :roll:

he had over 6 thousand followers, so it should be easy to imagine thousands upon thousands of people looking at his twitter page. the picture alone has over 13K views. :rofl:

Are you seriously going to equate twitter followers to Real GM Beas haters? Yeah I didn't think so..

The last part of your post means nothing..13 K views could very well come from strictly his 6 K followers..Again still remains a miniscule smidgen in the wide spectrum of the sports world..In other words Beasley is not popular enough for major sports media outlets to even care for something as trivial as this..

http://www.mediatakeout.com
Scroll down. That's almost 80,000 views. Getting big enough for you yet? :roll: And we're not even 24hrs in yet are we? You think Riley doesn't know by now and that sports journalists aren't finding out about it? It will get bigger.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#188 » by Jimmy76 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:33 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Ju Mad wrote:
The humor is you are being racist against white people by suggesting people in this thread are white just because they think Beasley has a bag of marijuana on the table.

You too are perpetuating negative stereotypes and coming to assumptions.

What?

Look, I'm not gonna be your teacher or professor in this biitch because I don't have time to and I'm about to go but countless studies have been done that say the exact same thing I said in that first post. Countless studies, and they've been replicated several times. White people tend to view neutral actions done by Blacks as aggressive. They tend to associate more negative words and feelings towards Blacks.

This. is. fact.

I'm not gonna dance around that **** cause it makes yall mad. Hell, I think makin yall mad in my spare time is funny. Granted I didn't even expect to do it this time but still, amusin nonetheless.

I am pretty sure if they do the same number of studies in regards to some black people and their reactions to some white people and their actions it would come out that some black people tend to view anything critical, negative, questioning, etc as racist by some white people.

Are there racist white people? Absolutely, no doubt. Are there racist black people? Absolutely, no doubt. Is a large portion of the population, regardless of skin color, probably a bit subconsciously racist (or has a tendency to stereotype certain looks or actions) because of negative stereotypes reinforced by minor, yet vocal, groups? I'd wager so.

This can be applied to everything in life - stereotypes against blacks, Latinos, whites, gays, straights, religious people, non-religious people, republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives, people who believe in global warming, people who don't, the list goes on and on.

Negative actions by minor groups of people who tend to be very vocal and get a lot of media play are put into the minds of the viewing/listening public and it sits there subconsciously. This happens with EVERYONE and isn't just restricted to one race/group of people.

Stop assuming that because someone points out what they think suspiciously looks like a bag of weed on Mike Beasley's table they're racist just because he's black. You have no idea the skin color of the original poster, or the several people who responded, yet automatically assume because they think this about Mike Beasley they must be white. You are perpetuating and reinforcing negative stereotypes which is no different than the people who actually ARE assuming these things about Mike Beasley because of the color of his skin.

In this situation I imagine hardly anyone thinks Michael Beasley is dumb, (Please Use More Appropriate Word), a pot head, or has a bag of weed on his table because he's black. Most think these things because he has a history of smoking weed, getting caught with it, and being dumb about it; despite being a high profile basketball player who should know better (or at least someone around him should know better). Like Chris Anderson, Matt Jones, Michael Phelps, or any number of white players in the NFL/MLB who have been caught with steroids - if there is a suspicious looking package in a picture they are seen in that looks a bit like weed/or steroids they're going to be accused of having those things because they have a history of it.

Like it was mentioned earlier in this thread - if this was a picture of Ray Allen then no one probably even notices the bag on the table. Why? Is it because Ray Allen is actually secretly a white man? No, it is because Ray Allen has a history of being a guy of high class who has never to my recollection even been suspected of doing drugs. Same with Chauncey Billups, Shane Battier, Brandon Roy, Tim Duncan, Bryant, Mutumbo, Olajuwon, Okafor, Robinson, Howard, Bosh etc etc

There are race issues in the world this is undeniable, but in my opinion this Michael Beasley with a possible bag of marijuana on his table is not one of them. This is just an issue of Michael Beasley having a history of being dumb with marijuana and people taking their conclusions from that.

This post was also entirely too long and long-winded but I became irritated.

+1
ARISE_CHICKEN
Senior
And1: 238

Post#189 » by ARISE_CHICKEN » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:01 pm

basketball royalty wrote:Just forwarded this thread and that pic to ESPN. You and your non internet having friends can all see what a doofus Beasley is now. Anyone have Pat Riley's email address? May as well tell him before he hears it from a reporter.

More pathetic than Beasley's lack of judgment is the apparent agenda on here by certain posters. Really? Forwarding it to ESPN? We know that 99% of people here dont find weed some kind of moral offense, so instead we get the most blatant kind of hating (and I truly dislike that word) and jealousy which makes everyday clowns that post on a message board try to bring down some NBA player they dislike because of his tattoos or whatever.

Your own lives must be sad ones for you to get your kicks by bragging on the internet about saving/forwarding pictures of Michael Beasley with some weed. Congrats?
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#190 » by basketball royalty » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:26 pm

ARISE_CHICKEN wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:Just forwarded this thread and that pic to ESPN. You and your non internet having friends can all see what a doofus Beasley is now. Anyone have Pat Riley's email address? May as well tell him before he hears it from a reporter.

More pathetic than Beasley's lack of judgment is the apparent agenda on here by certain posters. Really? Forwarding it to ESPN? We know that 99% of people here dont find weed some kind of moral offense, so instead we get the most blatant kind of hating (and I truly dislike that word) and jealousy which makes everyday clowns that post on a message board try to bring down some NBA player they dislike because of his tattoos or whatever.

Your own lives must be sad ones for you to get your kicks by bragging on the internet about saving/forwarding pictures of Michael Beasley with some weed. Congrats?

Thank you for your kind words. I am just looking out for justice and the good of mankind. I am but a humble servant to the world. Praise me if you must but it is simply work that has to be done by those brave enough to answer the call.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#191 » by Death Knight » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Looks like 2 bags of Sun Chips.
Mumbles
Bench Warmer
And1: 223

Post#192 » by Mumbles » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:33 pm

ARISE_CHICKEN wrote:

The pathetic aspect you describe is pretty much a fixture in this high tech era. There are just too many lame dudes out there who can't wait to 'break' some story or news. That is why even though this pic really isn't a 'big deal', it's a big enough deal for Beasley and people of his stature to not be dumb enough to give the haters and doubters something to whack off about. Just look at how many marks sat and religiously followed Starbury just so they could take a snippet of his stream and 'break' or report it to youtube and other places..I mean how corny is that? So many want to be like TMZ and the center of attention. People can't wait to air out someone elses dirty laundry. People were discussing how public his twitter is in relation to the real world, well it is definitely public enough!

A a recognizable NBA name, he is a celebrity. People are interested in celebs, they want see how they live, and sometimes even emulate them. These guys directly and indirectly bring culture to people, this is even tenfold with an online culture where accessibility is insane. Included in the audience with normal fans and people simply interested because your status, are others who are just waiting for you to slip up. Why? Because you have status, simple as that. That is why Beasley, someone who should already be well briefed on the consequences of immaturity/stupidity, should be extremely cognizant of his actions and the ramifications.

As far as people on message boards who have deep agendas and adopt shticks, for one those type of posts reveal age and mindset. Secondly, it shows that those types get so deep into their agenda that they end up inevitably needing who or whatever they are hating. Take away this board or whatever platform, and a piece of them would go missing. Why because they get so deep in their agenda they end up badly needing the target. That's why if you hear someone say, 'they hate me because they love me', some of that is true. It's like someone turning on a Cavs game so they can later bash all the pre-game antics and fun when they are subliminally being entertained. :D
rumdiary
Starter
And1: 776

Post#193 » by rumdiary » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:49 pm

I kinda hope Michael Beasley doesn't read these boards. Some of the posts here are uber nasty to read and are 100x more extreme than if they were being said to his face.

Sure it shows personal weakness not to be able to stay away from the weed, and sure it's pretty stupid to post that pic on the internet. But Beasley's still only what 20? 21? That's the kinda stupid mistake anybody could've made at that age (although on an unrelated side, for me personally, I've never enjoyed weed, just doesn't do anything for me, which I'm glad for).

People here overreact cos it's the most exciting thing that's going to happen in basketball until Arenas gets injured again.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#194 » by Chosen01 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:00 pm

People here overreact cos it's the most exciting thing that's going to happen in basketball until Arenas gets injured again.

I LOL'd.

Whats annoyin is that its someone who has the the potential to be Alegit Allstar for years after 4 years in his career but he makes bone head moves.

That tatoo sounds stupid

Supercoolbeas? WTF

Beasley: Boy Thats some good Kush
Photographer: Ya man
Beasley:Yo lets take a pic of my Tatoo man "SupercoolBeas
Photographer: Alright
Beasley:I'm gonna look Really Cool after this hehe

*Drops Weed on the Table*

Beasley: iight Ready

*Snaps*

5 Hours Later after uploading on Internet, Beasley goes on Twitter

Beasley: Aw ****!! The weed shows in the pic

Beasley changes His Twitter name, and tries to Remove pic.

TOO LATE.
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#195 » by BooRadley » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:12 pm

SuperCoolBeas? What the hell? Why would he want to get a Saturday morning kids' cartoon tatted on his back? And that ugly and big?? You gotta wonder, if he can't even make a decision to NOT get this tatted on his back, how is he gonna make a good decision on the bball court?
kp117
Banned User

Post#196 » by kp117 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Pathetic hater wrote:Thank you for your kind words. I am just looking out for justice and the good of mankind. I am but a humble servant to the world. Praise me if you must but it is simply work that has to be done by those brave enough to answer the call

"Looking out for the good of man kind"=

When I was 12 I had dreams of going to the NBA, I practiced day and night and dribbled a basketball to school every morning. I entered an AAU league in hopes of getting looked at by a big time prep school. During the third quarter a 6'5 12 year old black kid with cornrows caught an alley-oop on top of my head. It was precisely at that exact moment that I realized I would NEVER EVEN SNIFF THE NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwb29elC34I

I'll get my revenge though. I promise you
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#197 » by basketball royalty » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:35 pm

kp117 wrote:
Pathetic hater wrote:Thank you for your kind words. I am just looking out for justice and the good of mankind. I am but a humble servant to the world. Praise me if you must but it is simply work that has to be done by those brave enough to answer the call

"Looking out for the good of man kind"=

When I was 12 I had dreams of going to the NBA, I practiced day and night and dribbled a basketball to school every morning. I entered an AAU league in hopes of getting looked at by a big time prep school. During the third quarter a 6'5 12 year old black kid with cornrows caught an alley-oop on top of my head. It was precisely at that exact moment that I realized I would NEVER EVEN SNIFF THE NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwb29elC34I

I'll get my revenge though. I promise you

Damn you Chandler!!!!!!!! I thought I'd never have to relive that moment again! At least the voodoo doll I got of him is working, he gets injured for 1/2 season every year.
props to Turbozone for the sig
rockybalboa11
Bench Warmer

Post#198 » by rockybalboa11 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 pm

worst tattoo i've ever seen
GOAT_Marbury wrote:Nelly, Fonzworth Bentley and Urkel had a sex party.... D Wade was the result
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,672

Post#199 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:14 pm

rockybalboa11 wrote:worst tattoo i've ever seen

Which one? 'Supercool Beas" or "God's Son"?
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#200 » by Joel Embust » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 am

Imagine super old Beas explaining the tatt to his grandchildren, Supercool Beas...............

Return to The General Board