Tony Romo vs Jason Campbell

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#21 » by FNQ » Tue Oct 2, 2007 1:49 am

thierry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Anyone who thinks Jason Campbell has a chance to ever be as good as Romo is out of their mind. I'm tired of all the Romo haters, he is clearly a top 5 QB in the NFL and an MVP candidate.

Week 4 MVP canidate... put that on the resume, quick! :D

He's hit a hot streak... he's not this good. He is good and I'd defenitely say a solid starting NFL QB, but on a team thats really opened up their offense, is it him really carrying the team? He's defenitely getting the chances because of the line playing so well and the running game being effective. The game against New England will give Romo his true acid test, as their defense is by far the best in the NFL right now, IMO.
TheBurbs
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by TheBurbs » Tue Oct 2, 2007 8:36 pm

Icness wrote:
Romo = Bubby Brister; amiable small-school guy and career backup who shined briefly when presented a chance, then flamed out spectacularly once defenses adjusted to him and he couldn't do anything about it. I still see him as a capable backup QB and nothing more. How he handles blowing their playoffs and the pressure of being "The Man" from day one for the NFL's marquee franchise will say a lot. My humble prediction is that he's yanked by Week 10 and desperately wishes those Carrie Underwood rumors were really true.

Dear Mr. Icness,

What does crow really taste like? Do you have any seasoning tips you can offer up to some other posters in this thread?

Thanks for mentioning me in the same breath.

Bubby
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,441

Post#23 » by CBS7 » Wed Oct 3, 2007 1:19 am

He's clearly playing like a top 5 QB and playing like an MVP candidate.

Grossman was pretty hot to start last year too. Romo isn't going to keep this up, but of course he isn't going to come back down to Earth nearly as hard as Grossman did.

He'll still finish the season with 28-32 pass TDs and 4000-4200 yards
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#24 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Oct 3, 2007 1:34 am

_CBS7_ wrote:He's clearly playing like a top 5 QB and playing like an MVP candidate.

Grossman was pretty hot to start last year too. Romo isn't going to keep this up, but of course he isn't going to come back down to Earth nearly as hard as Grossman did.

He'll still finish the season with 28-32 pass TDs and 4000-4200 yards

You honestly think he'll only get 17-21 TDs in 12 games? He got 18 in 11 starts last season, and that was when his decision making wasnt as good and he was basically a rookie.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#25 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Oct 6, 2007 10:18 pm

Romo wasn't "basically" a rookie. He sat 4 and a half seasons on the bench to learn the game and get adjusted to the NFL style.

Campbell is in his third season. At this time Romo was holding the clipboard for Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#26 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sat Oct 6, 2007 10:41 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:Romo wasn't "basically" a rookie. He sat 4 and a half seasons on the bench to learn the game and get adjusted to the NFL style.

Campbell is in his third season. At this time Romo was holding the clipboard for Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe.

Yes Romo was on the bench for 3 and a half years. Bench doesnt = exp/playing time. So yes he was basically a rookie. Campbell is lucky his coach/gm is a moron or he wouldnt even be starting right now, much less selected that high in the draft. He only looked decent in college because he had two top 5 pick running backs behind him. Youre too much of a hater too realize how good romo is and too much of a homer to see what campbell is.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#27 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Oct 6, 2007 11:05 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes Romo was on the bench for 3 and a half years. Bench doesnt = exp/playing time. So yes he was basically a rookie. Campbell is lucky his coach/gm is a moron or he wouldnt even be starting right now, much less selected that high in the draft. He only looked decent in college because he had two top 5 pick running backs behind him. Youre too much of a hater too realize how good romo is and too much of a homer to see what campbell is.

Completely wrong. You don't even know your own team, Mr. Fairweather. Romo was on the bench for 4 1/2 seasons not 3 1/2. Bench does = experience. Bench allows you to understand NFL defensive schemes and learn defensive tendencies. Something most QB's don't get the luxury of doing.

Where did I say Romo is not good or Campbell is better or good? Get better at comprehension before you go on your daily tirade on any one who even remotely critisizes a Cowboy.

Yup your definitely right. Campbell didn't deserve to be selected in the first round. After all, all he did was lead his team to an undefeated record and become the SEC offensive player of the year. Oh and the fact that he has one of the best ever accuracy/td average per games started in college (at the D1 level).

Maybe its the fact that Romo would have stunk in his third NFL season which is why the coaches didn't put him in. Lets completely disregard that excluding Carson Palmer, Campbell is doing as good as any third year QB over the past several years.

I'm not too much of a hater. You just wear blue colored glasses and toot your own horn all day long and go own pissy tirades everytime an Anti-Cowboy thing is said. Not only do you lack valid statistical arguements, you even lack basic knowledge of your own team.

Fairweather fan, not even from Dallas but "loves" the Cowboys :rofl: . Typical.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#28 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Oct 7, 2007 2:31 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Completely wrong. You don't even know your own team, Mr. Fairweather. Romo was on the bench for 4 1/2 seasons not 3 1/2. Bench does = experience. Bench allows you to understand NFL defensive schemes and learn defensive tendencies. Something most QB's don't get the luxury of doing.

Where did I say Romo is not good or Campbell is better or good? Get better at comprehension before you go on your daily tirade on any one who even remotely critisizes a Cowboy.

Yup your definitely right. Campbell didn't deserve to be selected in the first round. After all, all he did was lead his team to an undefeated record and become the SEC offensive player of the year. Oh and the fact that he has one of the best ever accuracy/td average per games started in college (at the D1 level).

Maybe its the fact that Romo would have stunk in his third NFL season which is why the coaches didn't put him in. Lets completely disregard that excluding Carson Palmer, Campbell is doing as good as any third year QB over the past several years.

I'm not too much of a hater. You just wear blue colored glasses and toot your own horn all day long and go own pissy tirades everytime an Anti-Cowboy thing is said. Not only do you lack valid statistical arguements, you even lack basic knowledge of your own team.

Fairweather fan, not even from Dallas but "loves" the Cowboys :rofl: . Typical.

You dont even know what the hell fairweather means you clown. Ive been a cowboys fan my whole life, OH NOES i dont live in dallas i guess i cant be a fan then.

Bench and playing are the same thing now? Really? Yea because that almost makes sense.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#29 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Oct 7, 2007 5:16 pm

03 = 1 full season
04 = 2 full seasons
05 = 3 full seasons
06 = Half a season

How does that not add up to 3 and a half?
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by CBS7 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 7:45 pm

Lets completely disregard that excluding Carson Palmer, Campbell is doing as good as any third year QB over the past several years.

Vince Young?
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#31 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Oct 7, 2007 10:39 pm

_CBS7_ wrote:
Lets completely disregard that excluding Carson Palmer, Campbell is doing as good as any third year QB over the past several years.

Vince Young?

Campbell is a better passer than Young. Young has an insane edge in terms of athleticism but I dont think the difference between JC and Young is all that much.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by CBS7 » Mon Oct 8, 2007 4:00 am

Campbell is a better passer than Young. Young has an insane edge in terms of athleticism but I dont think the difference between JC and Young is all that much.

Young doesn't have WRs or RBs as good as Campbell.

PS. It is 3 and a half years on the bench for Romo. Not 4.5.
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,268

Post#33 » by Mr. Perfect » Tue Dec 4, 2007 4:08 am

Icness wrote:I really liked what I saw of Campbell, and I didn't feel that way when he came out of Auburn. He's got a very good arm, good vision, nice feel for the pocket, decent mobility and toughness. He's got a chance to be a pretty good starter for a long time.

Romo = Bubby Brister; amiable small-school guy and career backup who shined briefly when presented a chance, then flamed out spectacularly once defenses adjusted to him and he couldn't do anything about it. I still see him as a capable backup QB and nothing more. How he handles blowing their playoffs and the pressure of being "The Man" from day one for the NFL's marquee franchise will say a lot. My humble prediction is that he's yanked by Week 10 and desperately wishes those Carrie Underwood rumors were really true.

:rofl:
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#34 » by studcrackers » Tue Dec 4, 2007 5:11 am

i love ya icness but i'll always be able to hold that over your head that said i didnt think romo would be the 2nd best qb this season. yes this season he's been 2nd best, id still take peyton over him though.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by CBS7 » Tue Dec 4, 2007 6:31 am

What about Carson Palmer?

Romo is quickly overtaking everyone, though.

Did I really say he'd finish with 28-32? He's already surpassed that, and quickly become a favorite QB of mine. He's very exciting to watch, and at the very least a top 5 QB, if not top 3.

I didn't think he would throw 40 TDs this year, which he probably will, but I don't know how people could doubt him so much. I knew he'd be really good, but not this awesome.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#36 » by Icness » Tue Dec 4, 2007 12:51 pm

Romo keeps proving me wrong, props to him. I think I misjudged (among other things) his persona, how well equipped he is to handle both success and failure. A lot of guys can do real well with one or the other, but it takes someone special to be the same guy no matter the wins or losses, no matter the great games or tank games. Romo has that gift.

I still wonder how well he'd be doing with a lesser-talented team around him, but I also buy the counter to that--that he makes all that talent around him better and more functional.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#37 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Dec 4, 2007 9:43 pm

Icness wrote:Romo keeps proving me wrong, props to him. I think I misjudged (among other things) his persona, how well equipped he is to handle both success and failure. A lot of guys can do real well with one or the other, but it takes someone special to be the same guy no matter the wins or losses, no matter the great games or tank games. Romo has that gift.

I still wonder how well he'd be doing with a lesser-talented team around him, but I also buy the counter to that--that he makes all that talent around him better and more functional.

Exactly, look at TO, hes behaving and even helping out the younger Wide Recievers. Thats a big accomplishment in itself.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#38 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Dec 4, 2007 11:13 pm

Give Jason a good supporting cast and he'll easily challenge Romo. Its too bad that his recievers most of the season have been Keenan McCardell and James Thrash, and his offensive line has been filled with scrubs all season.

People love to blame him for turnovers but hes running for his life everytime hes in the pocket and he hass no viable endzone threat besides Cooley who gets quadruble teamed everytime we get down there.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#39 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Dec 5, 2007 3:55 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:Give Jason a good supporting cast and he'll easily challenge Romo. Its too bad that his recievers most of the season have been Keenan McCardell and James Thrash, and his offensive line has been filled with scrubs all season.

People love to blame him for turnovers but hes running for his life everytime hes in the pocket and he hass no viable endzone threat besides Cooley who gets quadruble teamed everytime we get down there.

Why do you insist on continually embarrassing yourself?
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#40 » by thierry » Wed Dec 5, 2007 6:18 am

Are you serious G0A? You're pathetic.

Return to Player Comparisons