Opening Week Game Thread: Saints Vs. Lions

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Opening Week Game Thread: Saints Vs. Lions 

Post#1 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:24 pm

It's that time again, opening weekend in then NFL, and I wanted to start a discussion thread in the hopes that we could get a little traffic!

Here are my keys to this game:

1) Pressure. Getting a consistent pass rush was a problem last year, and I think this game sets the tone for the whole season. The Lions are going to be hungry for a win, but if we can rattle them early, we can blow them out. If not, it could be a long game, and a shoot out.

2) Running the football. This team was last in run defense, and we need to set an attitude that this team can pound the football.

3) The turnover battle. Saints had problems forcing turnovers in recent years, and you don't want to give a young team confidence that they can come back.

The main point should be that the Saints need to wreck this team, we need to know that we can go against inferior teams and absolutely dominate them. Our defense can build confidence and our offense can get comfortable pounding the football instead of being forced to throw on 3rd and short plays.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Re: Opening Week Game Thread: Saints Vs. Lions 

Post#2 » by Liqourish » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 pm

As a Lions fan, obviously I'd be thrilled with a Detroit win, but I'm just hoping for a good showing with no injuries.

Good luck to the Saints this year...... starting week 2 :wink:
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 482

Post#3 » by TheChaser » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Saints are here baby!!!! WHO-DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14-3 to start the game.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 am

Anyone still want to question Malcolm Jenkins' speed after he ran down Aaron Brown from behind? Brown is the fastest Lion and probably the fastest rookie RB in the league, and Jenkins caught him despite not having a great angle and starting about 5 yards behind.

Brees looked so sharp and confident.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Mike Hunt
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#5 » by Mike Hunt » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 pm

"Keys to the game" against the Lions should be short: "Make sure you show up on time so that you don't have to forfeit". Done.
76ers76ers
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#6 » by 76ers76ers » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 pm

is anybody still alive here??

Return to New Orleans Saints