Moderator: Gremz

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

4-1: The Cardiac Cats are ATOP THE AFC NORTH WHAT THE HELL 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:19 am

Uh, whoa.

This was never expected to be a high scoring game, but this was also never expected to be a Bengals win, either. So, guys, way to defy expectations yet again. 4-1 and looking VERY good.

Cedric Benson rushing for 100+ yards against one of the league's toughest rushing defenses is nothing short of astounding. I still hate him, but he's been putting in GOOD work this season. Andre Caldwell is looking like a fabulous draft pick long after the fact, and here's hoping he can continue to develop.

There's still no logical reason as to why the team is getting it done in this manner, but when have the Bengals ever been logical about anything? Better soak it up and enjoy a 1st-round draft pick in the teens, because that's where we're headed apparently.

Also, I had not heard about the death of Vikki Zimmer, but that's a very sad circumstance and it's neat to see the players of this franchise carry that news with a sense of honor and respect as they played their game. Say what we will about the front office; this team cares about its members, and that includes coaches.

Two more games left before the bye week: Home against an inconsistent Houston team and home against a self-destructing Cleveland team. There's no way this team can be 6-1 before the bye week...is there?
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Cohiba13
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: 4-1: The Cardiac Cats are ATOP THE AFC NORTH WHAT THE HELL 

Post#2 » by Cohiba13 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:32 am

I had been away for the weekend so I didn't hear about Zimmer's wife(RIP), but wow what a big win. Defence is doing great. Baltimore had been putting up points, and they only score on a pick 6 and 1 play of horrible tackling by Cinci. They are playing this game together, and the effort is there, week in week out.

Benson looks great, maybe they are riding him a little bit too much though.

Carson is coming through when it counts. I would like to see this offence really get rolling though. I big week with multiple TD passed and 300 yds and not winning on the last drive would calm my nerves a little bit.

Anyways, glad we got this for Zimm, he's a strong man to be able to go to work 3 days after and get his boys to execute the way they did.

whoooooo dey.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:43 am

Apparently Brad St. Louis was cut by the team today. Something called a "Clark Harris' is the new Bengals' long-snapper.

I really don't know if I like this, but snapping problems have been one of the few things plaguing the Bengals this season. I guess, if it has to happen...
Cohiba13
Rookie

Post#4 » by Cohiba13 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:49 pm

He had to go. Long snapping is the easiest job on the team. You have two jobs. Snap the ball 7 yards, snap the ball 15 yards. It sucks because it is a complete mental thing hurting him right now, but these points we are losing could nail us in the long run.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:20 am

Yeah, you're right...I dunno, it just seems a little dirty to switch out for a new long snapper mid-season. Perhaps it does work well, though.

Further, Chad and Motorola teamed up to buy over 3,000 tickets so that Bengals fans could watch the game from the comfort of their own Ohio/Kentucky homes. Said tickets will be given away on the day of the game. Classy gesture that flies in the face of everything Mike Brown.
Cohiba13
Rookie

Post#6 » by Cohiba13 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Great gesture by Chad.

Are the texans really that bad of a draw? Andre Johnson is a beasttt. I would love to see him play more. Or maybe the fans aren't convinced Cincy can sustain this level of play.

Return to Cincinnati Bengals