Prospect and Minor League Discussion

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#41 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:55 am

Clay Buchholz says, "**** you, Phil Hughes."

5.2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#42 » by HeelSox » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Ellsbury went 2-5 last night with a RBI an a stolen base...also had his first error of the year.

It's too bad Mike James had to ruin Buchholz amazing start.
"The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said regarding Cabrera. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#43 » by HeelSox » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:22 am

Mike James gives up another walk off.
"The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said regarding Cabrera. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:34 am

Mike Bowden says, "Two can play this game, Clay Buchholz." and puts up this line: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 9 K. His ERA now sits at 2.33 in the biggest offensive joke of a ballpark ever.

Look at Ellsbury barely hitting .430.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
alwayslovetheceltics
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#45 » by alwayslovetheceltics » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:40 pm

phil hughes sucked last night. i know he's prob worth all the hype, but heres to hoping he gets hit by a car before he realizes that hype.

im starting to worry about ellsbury. last night he went 2/5 which dropped his avg to .432, man he must be slumping.... pick it up jacoby

:D
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#46 » by Chach » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:11 pm

Actually, for the life of me, I cannot hate on Hughes. He grew up a Red Sox fan and he is a wonderful talent. I refuse to hate on him or speak ill of him. Maybe it's because I feel bad for him having to pitch for the Yankees. He was rushed a bit to the majors, me thinks. He should have had a bit more time in AAA before needing to get called up, he strugged his first few starts at AAA before having a few good ones just before getting called up. Much love to Hughes, here's to a good career, just not winning against the Red Sox. mahalo
~Chach~
Markos
Starter

Post#47 » by Markos » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:11 am

Chach wrote: Maybe it's because I feel bad for him having to pitch for the Yankees. ~

:crazy:

I'm sure he's just crushed and will do his best to blow games against Boston.....

I personally can't stand when anyone is overhyped, espeially on other teams. I do take some satisfaction if he fails because so much is staked on him.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Chach » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:22 am

Markos wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:crazy:

I'm sure he's just crushed and will do his best to blow games against Boston.....

I personally can't stand when anyone is overhyped, espeially on other teams. I do take some satisfaction if he fails because so much is staked on him.

Put yourself, as a Red Sox fan, in his shoes and how uncomfortable it would be for you to root against the team you grew up hating.

No, the kid's legit. But he should be at AAA. The only reason he is in the majors right now is because the Yankees need rotation filler. Kid is still a wonderful prospect and I really wish he pitched for another franchise. mahalo
~Chach~
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:40 am

Jon Lester was sparkling tonight. We should nickname him San Pelegrino.

5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K.

Brandon Moss is off to a great start. He's hitting .303 with a 915 OPS. It's time we realize he's better than Murphy.

Ellsbury just continues to amaze me. Just when I expect the onslaught to stop he goes 4-4 with a steal and 2 runs. Pawtucket calls, Jacoby.

Dan Bard needs to go down a level so he can actually progress. Right now he's just instantly getting into trouble and unable to work on anything. 6 walks in 2.2 IP tonight.

LOL @ Lars Anderson. 3 more walks tonight and his OPS stands at 969.
Markos
Starter

Post#50 » by Markos » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:01 pm

Chach wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Put yourself, as a Red Sox fan, in his shoes and how uncomfortable it would be for you to root against the team you grew up hating.

No, the kid's legit. But he should be at AAA. The only reason he is in the majors right now is because the Yankees need rotation filler. Kid is still a wonderful prospect and I really wish he pitched for another franchise. mahalo
~Chach~

I don't see how its uncomfortable for him. It happens all the time in pro-sports. (Craig Hansen) It happens when youre traded, players get over it. I'm sure the money helps.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by HeelSox » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:13 pm

Most players just go out there and do their job...no matter what jersey they have on(unless your vince carter)
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 2, 2007 2:41 am

Clay Buchholz: 7 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 9 K.

And he didn't even pull his hamstring.

And Brandon Moss is still awesome. Another homer and 2 walks. Sweet.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 2, 2007 4:40 am

Mike Bowden screams from the top of his lungs, "THIS IS HARD-AH!!"

6 IP, 5H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by HeelSox » Wed May 2, 2007 2:00 pm

Buchholz>Hughes forever. :bowdown:
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Chach » Wed May 2, 2007 2:17 pm

Markos wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't see how its uncomfortable for him. It happens all the time in pro-sports. (Craig Hansen) It happens when youre traded, players get over it. I'm sure the money helps.

I'm not saying you can't do it, I bet 95% of players don't get to play for their boyhood teams. But a little part of me just feels bad making a Red Sox fan have to pitch and help the Yankees. mahalo
~Chach~
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Chach » Wed May 2, 2007 2:19 pm

Now my question is why is Bowden always considered a lesser tier guy than Buchholz? I understand that Buchholz is better, he has better command of more plus pitches, but every scouting report I read says that Bowden is going to be a nice #3, MAYBE #2 ceiling. The kid has been electric in the most hitters friendly park in the most hitters friendly league, how does this guy not have nominal #1 potential? mahalo
~Chach~
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#57 » by Flaming Mo » Wed May 2, 2007 2:30 pm

Please help me out here, I have no clue yet about minor leagues and all that stuff due to being pretty new to baseball.

Which Red Sox pitching prospects have a legit chance to become starters in the big leagues?!? When will that most likely happen and do they have ace, middle of the rotation or end of the rotation potential?!?!?

Thanks in advance...
Markos
Starter

Post#58 » by Markos » Wed May 2, 2007 3:14 pm

Clay Bucholz, Michael Bowden, and Daniel Bard are probably the best SP prospects......

Bryce Cox is the best relief prospect

if you wanna learn for yourself, check out....http://www.soxprospects.com/
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#59 » by Flaming Mo » Wed May 2, 2007 5:43 pm

Markos wrote:Clay Bucholz, Michael Bowden, and Daniel Bard are probably the best SP prospects......

Bryce Cox is the best relief prospect

if you wanna learn for yourself, check out....http://www.soxprospects.com/

Thanks, I have already seen that site. What's your guys take on these prospects?!?
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#60 » by HeelSox » Wed May 2, 2007 11:06 pm

I had the pleasure of watching Bard last season at UNC...when his stuff is on, he is lights out.

Return to Boston Red Sox