[Celtics] Rondo: Behind the Statistics

Moderator: Doctor MJ

Amen316
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Re: Rondo: Behind the Statistics 

Post#21 » by Amen316 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 10:35 pm

Look the reason Rondo will never make the money Chris Paul and Deron WIlliams does is because he needs a supporting cast. Just like Derrick Rose both of these players cannot shoot outside the lane. They rely on the threat they will drive to create space and to hit the open player.
That was a very good signing for the Celtics and Rondo. At the moment they do not need a super all around player at the point. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Eddie House provide the outside shot. If an injury besets Boston to one of those players it will begin to expose why Ainge only wanted to pay him 9million per.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#22 » by Niko23 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 10:53 pm

Rondo = Sessions. Think about it :D
cmd1985
Senior
And1: 35

Post#23 » by cmd1985 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 11:07 pm

Amen316 wrote:Look the reason Rondo will never make the money Chris Paul and Deron WIlliams does is because he needs a supporting cast. Just like Derrick Rose both of these players cannot shoot outside the lane. They rely on the threat they will drive to create space and to hit the open player.
That was a very good signing for the Celtics and Rondo. At the moment they do not need a super all around player at the point. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Eddie House provide the outside shot. If an injury besets Boston to one of those players it will begin to expose why Ainge only wanted to pay him 9million per.

Derrick Rose shot 42.8% on midrange jumpshots last year and that was 54% of the shots he took. As opposed to Brandon Roy who shot 43.1% and this accounted for 48% of his shots. Now Rondo shot 35.9% and this was just 37% of his shots.

http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT7.HTM
EwwItsRasho
Senior
And1: 3

Post#24 » by EwwItsRasho » Mon Nov 2, 2009 11:11 pm

Hemingway wrote:[quote="EwwItsRasho"]If you are going to take the first 3-4 games of the season into account, with Rondo leading the league in APG, then why not bring up his 6ppg averages? Yes, that's right...6 points per game. Brevin Knight put up those kind of numbers that Rondo puts up in terms of assist and steals (for 12+ nba seasons), except he scored more. How come I don't see him on the HOF ballot, if he's the caliber of a future HOFer in Chris Paul? Why is Brevin Knight simply a footnote in the NBA history books, and why is Rajon Rondo the 2nd best PG behind one of the greatest PGs potentially in NBA history?

When you have not lost a game yet, won everyone by more than a few, and blown out half of the games I don't think your PPG really matters. I give anyone who is ok with putting up small numbers in points per game when they are trying to sign a mega contract a lot of credit. Rondo buys into the team concept and doesn't seem to care about personal stats at all.[/quote]

Then why is not Scalabrine in the ASG discussion, if apparently team success is the utmost, and statistics are the least when it comes to individual success?
Volcano wrote:Kobe is just a glorified Jamal Crawford. Without Shaq, he wouldn't even be in the NBA. Shaq guided him like a father and breast fed him like a mother.
40InchVert
Sophomore
And1: 94

Re: [Celtics] Rondo: Behind the Statistics 

Post#25 » by 40InchVert » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:00 pm

I also heard Rondo put on 30 pounds of muscle this off season but at the same time improved his quickness and speed.
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Re: [Celtics] Rondo: Behind the Statistics 

Post#26 » by gswhoopsman » Sat Nov 7, 2009 6:09 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:I heard Rondo grew 2.5 inches over the summer. It shows.

:eyebrows:
Catchall:The Bucks traded him for Monta Ellis and did well in that trade.If they can move Biedrins and Jefferson without losing much more than Barnes and another pick, I will be genuinely impressed.Iguodala is a short-sighted contract. Overrated player.

Return to Statistical Analysis