TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Astros Off-Season Thread 

Post#1 » by TMU » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Astros acquire Matt Lindstrom, loses LaTroy Hawkins

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Houston Astros got hard-throwing reliever Matt Lindstrom from Florida on Wednesday, hoping he can help fill a late-inning hole in their bullpen.

Houston needed another reliever after closer Jose Valverde and setup man LaTroy Hawkins filed for free agency. Hawkins agreed to a contract with Milwaukee earlier in the day, subject to completion of final details.

"We're happy to have Matt as a part of our club," Astros manager Ed Wade said. "He has a tremendous arm and has shown closer's stuff in the past. He had some health issues last season, but we believe he'll bounce back. We feel he has the capability to be our closer or to at least share those responsibilities."

Florida got right-hander Robert Bono and infielder Luis Bryan. The 20-year-old Bono was 10-8 at Class A Lexington and the 19-year-old Bryan hit .340 with two home runs and 19 RBIs in 31 games in the rookie Gulf Coast League.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Re: Astros Off-Season Thread 

Post#2 » by TMU » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Astros get Pedro Feliz

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... o_houston/

ESPN - Third baseman Pedro Feliz and the Astros are close to agreeing on a one-year contract, sources told ESPN.com.

Feliz will receive $4.5M in 2010, a source told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

Feliz, 34, batted .266 with 12 homers and 82 RBIs in 2009, his second season with the Phillies.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:18 am

Yawn.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#4 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:28 am

The Feliz signing is decent. He's old, but he's a solid defensive player and is a better run producer than basically anyone we have currently.

Wake me up when we get some solid starting pitching though.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#5 » by Baller 24 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:51 am

We suck, i don't think i'll ever look forward to a good astros team until like 2030, if even that lol.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Moreyball
Junior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Moreyball » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:09 am

This should be a fun season.

I think if Oswalt can bounce back, Wandy has a repeat and Myers stays healthy, logs alot of innings and wins 12 games or so. The Astros can compete for the division crown. Granted its a REALLY bad division. I think Norris and Paulino getting spots is going to be fun.

2 first rd picks and a sandwich 1st-2nd rd pick. Castro possibly earning the starting spot. Alot to be excited about.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#7 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Seeing as how the season is coming up soon, anyone going to do a baseball league this year? I might be interested in it this time. I know I will get bored after about a month, but oh well.

TMU, get it done good sir!
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#8 » by TMU » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Seeing as how the season is coming up soon, anyone going to do a baseball league this year? I might be interested in it this time. I know I will get bored after about a month, but oh well.

TMU, get it done good sir!

:O Let's start a league!!!

Let's get some people to sign up.

Return to Houston Astros