ImageImageImage

Fantasy League

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Fantasy League 

Post#1 » by TMU » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:50 am

Anyone interested? Just want to see how many people are interested before setting up a league. :D

The league is up.

Yahoo Sports
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/
League #: 297655
Password: elvis

1. T-Mac United
2. RaoulDuke79
3. Bow2Yao11
4. Tomas11
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,113

Re: Fantasy League 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm in. As I said, I will probably get bored with it in about a month since I don't follow baseball nearly as much as I used to, but I'll keep up regardless. I just have to make sure I get Fat Elvis on my team, then all will be right in the world.

I don't think many people check here though so we might have a hard time getting enough people.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:54 pm

BUMP. Come on vator, I know you're lurking. Stupid Astros might suck but don't let them ruin our fantasy fun!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Bow2Yao11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey TMU I would like to join :).

I'm really excited about the M's this season. They made a lot of great moves..our new GM is seriously the Daryl Morey of baseball!
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#5 » by TMU » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Any suggestions to how we should run the league?

1. Roto or H2H?
2. How many categories? I'm thinking either:
The Standard 5x5
- Batting: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG
- Pitching: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)

OR

10x10 (my favorite set up)
- Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Fielding Percentage (FPCT), Batting Average (AVG), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
- Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Home Runs (HR), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Batters Grounded Into Double Plays (GIDP), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#6 » by TMU » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Bow2Yao11 wrote:Hey TMU I would like to join :).

I'm really excited about the M's this season. They made a lot of great moves..our new GM is seriously the Daryl Morey of baseball!

Should be an exciting season. I just hope half of Mets roster stay healthy.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#7 » by TMU » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 pm

The league is up but we can change the settings as we wish.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Bow2Yao11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 pm

T-Mac United wrote:Any suggestions to how we should run the league?

1. Roto or H2H?
2. How many categories? I'm thinking either:
The Standard 5x5
- Batting: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG
- Pitching: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)

OR

10x10 (my favorite set up)
- Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Fielding Percentage (FPCT), Batting Average (AVG), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
- Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Home Runs (HR), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Batters Grounded Into Double Plays (GIDP), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

10x10 sounds really good...I'm down for whatever though.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#9 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 pm

I prefer H2H, and some of those stats seem a bit silly(Fielding Percentage, Batters Grounded Into Double Plays), but I'm fine with that. It doesn't matter much to me personally.I don't really take baseball seriously anymore, let alone fantasy baseball, so I just want to have fun. We need to get more people!

I'm actually almost excited about the season starting, even though I know the Disastros will give me no reason to watch beyond April. Then again, maybe they'll surprise me. If the starting pitching can stay healthy and guys like Norris can improve, if the bullpen looks solid(I can't even name half of the guys they have now), if Feliz can produce runs and play good defense, if if if...basically Fat Elvis just needs to have a huge season and all will be well.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#10 » by Vator » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:BUMP. Come on vator, I know you're lurking. Stupid Astros might suck but don't let them ruin our fantasy fun!

Yeah, I'm lurkin around, but I've never done the fantasy baseball thing. Seems super long and it spans across the summer when I wonder if checking my lineup would be the last thing that would be on my mind. I would hate to be "that guy". You know, the one who registers and never even returns to edit his lineup. Guy gets hurt in spring training, is out for the year and I still have him in my starting lineup in July, lol. Dunno...
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#11 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 am

That's why I stopped doing it honestly, because baseball in general gets extremely boring after the first month, especially when the Lastros are sucking. I always keep up though so I don't end up screwing the league over. I just try to set my lineups for a few days at a time so I don't have to check every single day if I don't feel like it.

I'm really just waiting for football season to come back around, that's about the only sport I actually care about these days. Sigh, it will be a long six months, but worth it once the Texans go 16-0 and get to the Superbowl.

;)

EDIT: Any thoughts on the Astros at this point? I honestly haven't kept up with many of the moves they made over the winter. I expect the bullpen to look quite different, and I don't know what the rotation is going to be at this moment. I expect it will look something like Oswalt/Wandy/Meyers/Norris/Moehler, or something along those lines. Hopefully Elvis has a bounce back year and can stay healthy. Are we still stuck with Matsui at second? Ugh.

Should be interesting to see how they look in spring training.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#12 » by TMU » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Changed to H2H, which means I should get rid of GIDP and Fielding %. For a 7-day series, yeah, those stats aren't worth it.

Good to see the Astros strengthen their bullpen. Last year's was flat out horrible. Should be a decent year for the Astros. I like their batting line-up. Their pitching rotation is pretty good. Now they have a decent bullpen. The Astros will not contend for a championship, but they should be over the .500 mark. All it takes is for that team to get their act together.

Vator, you should consider joining. Our draft date is only 2 weeks before the season starts. I can still change it to accommodate everyone's preferred date. I don't think we've ever had 12 teams, and it's unlikely to that we'll reach 12. :'(

Return to Houston Astros