Inaugural post...

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Inaugural post... 

Post#1 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:57 am

Id like to make the Inaugural post on the Royals board, I have no affiliation or love for the Royals other then seeing George Brett's final game along with Nolan Ryan's.

That said go Royals and here's to Mark Teahen and Alex Gordon having great season.

Years from now people will look back and think wow studcrackers was a hell of a guy.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by kg2005 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:27 am

It must be sad to be a Royals fan. I hope Alex Gordon gives them something to be happy about.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:46 pm

Well, they do have some sparkle in the minors and the new GM seems to have his head not up his ass, so they
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#4 » by mizzoupacers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:32 pm

Studcrackers, you are a good person for starting the Royals board. History will indeed remember you kindly.

I'm a Cardinals fan, but I live in central Missouri and it is no more trouble for me to go to a Royals game than to a Cardinals game. In fact, given the ready availability and considerably lower cost of Royals tickets, it is probably easier to go see the Royals.

And I like the Royals...I've mostly forgiven them for 1985, and as a kid I rooted wholeheartedly for George Brett and crew when they did battle with the Bronx Zoo Yankees. Did I hate the Bronx Zoo Yankees? Yes. Yes I did.

I know next to nothing about the current Royals, but maybe I'll try to learn more as the season goes along. So keep me informed, Royals stalwarts! And save me some good seats when I'm in town.
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 694

Post#5 » by Clincher » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:00 pm

Im not a Royals fan but this like my 2nd fav team due to how many guys I like so here are some names to absolutely watch out for...

Gordon(Obviously, hes the top prospect and reminds me of David Wright and could even become better in time)

Shealy(If you havent heard of him, you will soon. Finally getting a shot after being traded from Col in which he played behind Helton, Shealy will accompany Sweeney as the power batter of the team. He has some great juice on his bat and can be like Jason Giambi in time(Current Giambi, not A's Giambi)

Luke Hochevar(Should be the ace in time for KC. In minors but I'd be shocked if he didnt log in some starts by June. Lanky dude but has some sick offspeed pitches. Just what KC needs)

DeJesus(Awesome leadoff player. Hes another one of those CF that KC strikes rich with, but sadly he may join Damon, Dye and Beltran in bailing out on them for money. Good batter for avg.)

Perez(I actually think he surprises people this year, though I am on a very small boat. This is taking he can stay healthy of course)

Guys I am not so keen on for this team is Meche who got WAYYYYYYYYY too much money, Dotel who as a Yank fan(me) who saw him last year for a little bit it seems he has no location with his pitches and is injury prone so he got a bit too much money.

KC should get around 68 wins but its just the bullpen has no real direction and no big prospect to be a closer anytime sooner.

A name to watch out for in their bullpen however though is... Joakim Sosa, who they got with their 1st round pick in the Rule V draft. I like him and his stuff alot.
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#6 » by Abraham Lincoln » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:15 pm

I do feel sorry for the Royals. Hopefully they can pick it up soon.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by sp1187 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 8:20 pm

Yeah, I'm a Cubs fan but I have noticed a much improved Royal club so far
Howard N Nelson - Magic Future for the Next eh...5 years
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#8 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Apr 7, 2007 8:31 pm

Royals are like the 3rd team in the majors that I keep tabs on. I'm a Brewers fan but I'm keeping a close eye on Jorge De La Rosa. He was a favorite of mine in Milwaukee, we just didn't have the opportunity for him to develop, and I'm glad he's getting that chance in KC. Great opening for him last night, he really has nasty stuff, plenty of times he'd strike out the side in Milwaukee, but follow it up with a bunch of walks the next. Hopefully he keeps up the improvements.
Go Bucks!
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#9 » by worthlessBucks » Sun May 20, 2007 2:59 am

Jorge still owns for you guys :0
Go Bucks!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#10 » by humanrefutation » Thu May 24, 2007 7:20 am

What's funny is that I only ever come to this board when I type out the web address and accidently put viewforum.php?f=21 (which would be the correct address for the NBA Bucks board) instead of viewforum.php?f=24 (the Brewers board).

Well, while I'm here, good luck guys.
DM613
Ballboy

Re: Inaugural post... 

Post#11 » by DM613 » Sat Oct 8, 2011 7:56 am

I like the Royals ... I have forgiven most of the year 1985, and as a child, the roots of my heart of George Brett and the crew when he fought with the Bronx Zoo Yankees. Do I hate the Yankees Bronx Zoo? Yes Yes I did.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#12 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 am

Mark Teahen is a stud.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#13 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Oct 6, 2014 2:55 am