What young QB in the league do you have?

what young QB do you have for the future.

Total votes: 0

Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

What young QB in the league do you have? 

Post#1 » by Elway=GOAT » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:00 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3142771

For all their differences, most of the NFL's promising young quarterbacks share a striking similarity in the eyes of scouts and coaches: They can't touch Denver's Jay Cutler for sheer potential.

Asked to evaluate 11 young starters, experts singled out Cutler as the quarterback most likely to reach the elite status currently shared by Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

"The kid in Denver, to me he is the future of this league," an AFC pro scout said.

I have been preaching Cutler for awhile now. Glad he is turning out to be the prospect I thought he would be.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#2 » by CBS7 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:58 pm

It can easily be argued that Romo has already reached elite status. It'd be good to see him do this in the playoffs and for another couple years, but no doubt he's been a top 3 QB this year.

I'd definitely go Romo. Then Palmer, then Ben/Cutler.

Of the truely young guys, with less then 2 years in the league, (Campbell, Young, Cutler, Leinart, etc.) I'd definitely go Cutler.

I don't see how Romo can't touch Cutler's potential. The guy might become the 5th QB to throw for 40 TDs in his first NFL season. Who cares about potential in that case. That is simply elite production.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Elway=GOAT » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:51 pm

_CBS7_ wrote:It can easily be argued that Romo has already reached elite status. It'd be good to see him do this in the playoffs and for another couple years, but no doubt he's been a top 3 QB this year.

I'd definitely go Romo. Then Palmer, then Ben/Cutler.

Of the truely young guys, with less then 2 years in the league, (Campbell, Young, Cutler, Leinart, etc.) I'd definitely go Cutler.

I don't see how Romo can't touch Cutler's potential. The guy might become the 5th QB to throw for 40 TDs in his first NFL season. Who cares about potential in that case. That is simply elite production.

Fair enough point, my only argument is one season dosen't make a career. I think Cutler has a longer career ahead of him, and im intrested to see what Romo can do, without the 2nd best receiver in football. In 04 it could be argued that Culpepper from a running/throwing persepective had a better season than Manning.

Now, he is pretty much on his way out of the league, granted he did suffer the knee injury, but even before that he wasnt all that impressive the next year.

Obviously Romo has proven to be the best, out of the guys to this point. But can he sustain it? Thats the question, his numbers are a mute point to this point, because an argument can be made that Favre has meant just as much if not more with inferior numbers to Romo.

Cutler is a clone of Favre, imo. I think he offers more to team than just raw numbers. Leadership, toughness, etc. Not that Romo dosent. But that is a major aspect that you dont see alot of the time in numbers, which is the reason I have always thought Brady was a better QB than Manning, clutchness, leadership, etc is very underrated. Its an aspect always more important to me, than raw numbers.

I think Cutler has already proven, he is that "new" clutch guys of the league. With his comebacks, and clutch play in the 4th already. He shows he has "it". Whatever "it" is. Dont get me wrong either, Romo is fantastic, and to this point is clearly the best under 30 QB in the nfl. But, if he played in Denver, do I think he would be putting up those same numbers? Hell no, do I think Cutler would look better than he is right now? Without a doubt. He has everything you want arm(overrated aspect of a qb imo), leadership, clutchness, ability to run. I dont think if Cutler was the QB of Dallas would be as good. I think they would have 3-4 loses because he goes through spouts in games, where he gets cold specifically in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Romo as of this year, has been lights out through most of the games, except the Bills and Pats.

Romo is clearly better, but I think Cutler has a long career of being a top 3 qb in this league. With all of his god given gifts he has. The possibly 40 td's is a mute point to me because it has been done(if he does do it) 4 times since 04. Its not what it was. Just like 15+ td's is now what it was pre 04. I take Cutler because he has "it". On top of his physical gifts, which are better than Romo's. Its up to him and the Broncos to develop him to be the qb he can be.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#4 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:43 pm

Palmer, Romo, Roethlisberger. In this order.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Dirty Water » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:16 pm

If The Bengals will ever stop being a lame version of the late 90's and early 2000s Portland Trailblazers, Carson Palmer will put up some ungodly looking seasons. Unless some huge phenom comes rumbling through the ranks I expect Palmer to be the consensus #1 QB when Peyton and Brady retire.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#6 » by cb4_89 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:55 pm

Palmer isn't even that good.

He has like 3 **** games a month then covers it up with a monster game like no one has ever seen. I hate Palmer. Don't fall for it.
Jazzercise
Ballboy
And1: 0

Cutler 

Post#7 » by Jazzercise » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:28 pm

I voted for Cutler because I believe he has the greatest upside of all the QBs. Just look at the other QBs and their teams they are on...Romo, Big Ben, Carson (has TJ and CJ) each of those QBs has a better team or better weapons. So Cutler is my choice
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#8 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:38 pm

cb4_89 wrote:Palmer isn't even that good.

He has like 3 **** games a month then covers it up with a monster game like no one has ever seen. I hate Palmer. Don't fall for it.

whatever.

even with a bad year, carson palmer's number is still well above average. that's how good carson palmer is.

give me carson palmer. he gives you great accuracy and great throwing power. the only downside is that he forces throws too much sometimes and he's not mobile.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#9 » by CBS7 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:53 pm

cb4_89 wrote:Palmer isn't even that good.

Thats been kind of true this year but hasn't been true for the past few years of Palmer's career.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#10 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:56 am

Ben Roethlisberger.

David Garrard is 29.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#11 » by hermes » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:06 pm

cutler and big ben
they have done more with less, have good running games to help them out

romo and palmer have great offenses and recievers to help them get all of their great stats

i like cutler nad ben
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#12 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Mar 2, 2008 3:07 am

Brady Quinn
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Player Comparisons